NVIDIA GeForce 516.59 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 28, 2022.

1. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Thanks. We have root caused the other Overwatch bug so I'll see if that could also contribute to the high CPU usage. I am trying to get the fix in the next driver.

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    New driver - HAGS OFF (needed for M. Avengers)
    Even better Lows now with new driver, game is very smooth (Flat line).

Same spot in BF2042 | 128 pl |69FPS Cap | Discarded D1,2 in the middle of fight.
    That is 2nd game when HAGS is not needed, need to test FH5 next :cool:

UPD.
    FH5 have similar Lows to HAGS On, no big difference either way.
    For now im leaving HAGS to OFF.

01 CapFrameX Test 03.jpg

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
    Xtreme512, BuildeR2 and chinobino like this.
  3. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    I think if your on win 11 Edge is running in the back ground as part of the OS, question mark ? just curious....

4. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    In CP i set always max frame rate off, never seen a problem with game stuttering or Edge, my native monitor is 165hz

Passus likes this.

5. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Win 10 here, edge is not installed.

XantaX likes this.
  6. Triklopius

Triklopius Member

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    Hi, pls can you put Warframe dx11 on side to this?..., next week is Tennocon. okay i think not reachable to fix this till 16th. okay, would be a great pleasure to fix it.

Maybe it has to do with the transparent textures over the avatars. I have not seen any over playercaracters with the last 2 drivers. 5% more fps but not this ephermas, called at Warframe.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    did you report it? https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA

vestibule likes this.
  8. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Not a question particular to this driver, but I was always curious why Nvidia's framerate limiter defaults to 58fps instead of 60fps on a 60hz display (no idea if it's different for higher refresh rate displays).
    Is 58 a preferable value for 60hz displays? Would there be any difference between 58 and 60 when vsync is enabled/disabled in the game?

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    because framerates aren't static integers, 59 can wander into 60fps and invoke vsync.

10. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    F1 22 Champions Edition running smooth with this driver all maxed out for GTX settings.

11. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I know....
    Was just looking into the issue with mentioned frame-drops to see what was up.
    Can't say how and why SyntaX has framedrops while claiming that no frame limit is set, cause the only thing that I discovered that causes it is limiting below 61 fps.
    Not sure about using 60Hz and lower, that might cause it to

I'm not so sure about that the core of the issue is the frame limiter itself.
    As said, D3D11 renders 61 frames instead of 60 regardless of cap or not, the 60fps cap just drops the additional frame, just as it should.

12. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    why i should frame limit globally ?
    framedrops are fixed when "maximum power" ist enabled for chrome, has nothing to do with a frame limit.

@XantaX is on Ampere ?

13. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    fps of video renderers/browsers shouldn't be capped with an fps limiter at any time, as they use vsync to time presentation as well as possible. Again, it only seemingly may improve situation by randomly causing differences in GPU load vs. normal vsync and perhaps make the driver clock up a bit more aggressively by chance. This isn't even a workaround, it's like putting a dirty band-aid on a flesh wound (bad clocking behavior).

SyntaX likes this.
  14. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    I am using a GTX1070 and w10/64.
    I find these drivers to be very good.
    Games feel somehow more fluid, maybe the latency is lower. In any case I will be keeping these drivers for some time.

15. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I don't know why.
    Doesn't matter with maximum or normal power, as long as I either don't cap or use a cap that accommodates for the additional frame I see not even a single dropped frame with D3D11.

Shouldn't but can be the cause with a global limit enabled, since I use a global cap I don't have vsync enabled either.
    What makes it hard to understand that this isn't a suggestion of workaround? I just tested to see why I saw framedrops with D3D11 and not with OpenGL in addition to sharing my findings afterwards.
    While it still might give some stutter, the bad clocking behavior itself doesn't cause any framedrops in Edge on my end.

16. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    @SyntaX, No, a Turing GPU Super OC 6GB GDDR6 192-bit memory interface

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
  17. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Are you sure, i.e. did you test with boost clock enforced (e.g. for dwm.exe)? If it still stutters badly for you, it might indeed be something else. But for me, downclocking seems to be the only thing responsible for stutter in Edge.
    Also, I don't think the stutter is necessarily reflected by the YouTube player's fps drop counter statistics.

18. konmarin

konmarin Member

GPU:
    evga gtx 750 ti sc
    Warzone info for some users...
    This is the only drivers that work "almost" fine 40-60 fps with Warzone nothing else for me.
    Textures normal everything else low (adv_options.ini VideoMemoryScale = 1 and RendererWorkerCount = 3 )
    Every other driver i use i get 10-30 fps i am not a troll and i forced to format and reinstall drivers from 511.xx to 516.59 using ddu every time...i am exhausted :(

windows 11 pro build 22000.778
    3770k 16gb ram gtx 1060 3gb

19. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Still not ready for Windows 11 ? :)

20. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    Can a video driver cause odd scroll behaviour with a mouse? Since getting 516.59 the scroll wheel on my mouse doesn't quite behave as it should. In a browser window I get judder with vertcal scroll when I scroll up. In FB, when I scroll down, it sometimes auto scrolls. I never noticed this with the previous video driver and I haven't touched any mouse settings and I haven't updated any drivers for it either. Thoughts!?