Download: AMD Chipset Drivers Download v2.13.27.501

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 5, 2021.

1. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX 7600

Can't help with GIMP but the other 2 load just fine here.

upload_2022-3-16_17-37-22.png

with a RX 5600 XT. Also assume you are talking about the v4 driver and not the v2.

Edit: Just updated to the 1.2.0.6c bios, and both still work with the v4 chipset package.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
  2. ibizadr

ibizadr Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 (6gb)
    After I give a try to the last chipset update I'm rolling it back since I experience yesterday a weird shutdown and on boot ask me to go to bios like I change something and today I got an hard crash (first one this build with 10months) need to shutdown on power and after that no boot. Need to change ram slots (ram led bug on motherboard) and clear cmos. Tomorrow I will rolling it back. AMD messing a lot with latests bios and chipset updates.

BoomSlang001 likes this.
  3. mojoba

mojoba Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    I had a similar issue after installing March AMD Chipset drivers (x570). Slow performance, audio stuttering and hard lock ups. Tried restarting and just stuck on restart for over 20min and had to hard reset. Uninstalled, works fine on defualt drivers, reinstalled, same problem. Went back to previous Chipset drivers and no problems. CPU is AMD 5600x with MSI x570 Tomahawk. Anyway I'll ignore these chipset drivers and hope this is fixed in later release.

BoomSlang001 likes this.
  4. ibizadr

ibizadr Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 (6gb)
    I have a msi motherboard too, the last release give me a bunch of problems that I never had before. Forza freezing, reboot with screen show a new hardware detected and need to go to bios. I remove it and install the previous one From MSI website and no problems after all and no bloatware. I will give a pass or wait for an update since a bunch of users are reported problems, or see if amd will update their bios website with the latest release

5. Abomlol

Abomlol Member

GPU:
    GTX1070
    IF your PC is running to Spec and the Drivers don't apply to an issue you're experiencing DONT update. New =/= better.

Signed,

Every programmer ever.

DAOWAce likes this.
  6. mojoba

mojoba Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    These chipset drivers work fine now. I took the advice of another poster (sorry can't find the post). But I just uninstalled the old AMD Chipset Drivers from Add or remove programs in Windows Settings. Then I right clicked on AMD installer exe: amd_chipset_software_4.03.03.431 and selected Run as administrator. The drivers installed successfully and I restarted my PC and all is good. I should have thought to uninstall the old drivers first, to avoid conflicts.

And is my PC noticeably any faster? I don't think so. So as Abomlol says it was probably better to leave my PC alone, as it was working fine. But I do take regular full drive backups of my system drive, so rolling back never takes too long :).

BoomSlang001 likes this.
  7. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    I only use original Amd chipset drivers that works the best i notice some system speed improvement maybe the L3 cache fix ...

8. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Install fine On windows 25151.1010 with Ryzen 9

9. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Little late reply :D
    I ditched he AMD rig 2 weeks after that post due to random reboots when idling at stock settings.
    Back to the tried and trusted Intel platform that never had any issues.

10. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    Intel is better for plug and play, whereas AMD has more options for tuning.

11. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Until you connect too many Samsung NVMe SSDs, then Alder Lake platform goes south...

12. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Who says I'm running Alder Lake...still running a 10900k@5.4Ghz, does everything I need it for, no issues with the platform.
    My 5900x would randomly reboot at idle, swapping motherboards didn't help, and sorry waiting for BIOS/Driver updates just to have the pc stay on while it's doing nothing is a joke.
    There's a 200 page thread on the official AMD forums on the exact matter with heaps of others having the same problem, I wasn't willing to wait like many others over there went back to Intel issue free.

Anyone who jumps on first gen of a major hardware launch is silly, look how far the Ryzen platform has come, doing a motherboard generation swap gives better ram compatibility, same with Intel, bet Raptor Lake won't have any of the current issues.

13. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    It's very beneficial that people try these new drivers, but for the best stability I recommend to download chipset drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's support page. This year I tried to update chipset drivers over the package that is offered by the motherboard manufacturer and I immediately got some installation error and couldn't even completely remove the driver after that point. So, be cautios, but I'm very interested to read experiences on this driver.

14. Pictus

Pictus Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5600 XT
    Undying likes this.
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    sykozis likes this.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Why is default minimum cpu state for ryzen cpu's 99% ?

I've wondered about this since getting mine.

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Maximum performance? Even balanced profile sets it to 99% and i always set mine to 10-100% so cpu dont run full clocks all the time.

18. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    Ryzen cpu use internal super fast and more dynamic power states, you can check with Ryzen Master, is used to disable windows power state control, slower and not suitable with Ryzen CPU, put 99% to 100% is only for disable it

Undying likes this.
  19. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    leave it at 99% for balanced mode. bios and firmware will do the rest. even at 99% for minimum clock speed, the internal voltages still remains very lows in idle and so the TDP.

Undying likes this.
  20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You are right. Just installed new chipset driver and default balanced profile 99-100% still does drop the voltages.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022