Crypto meltdown!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by G13Homi, Jan 11, 2021.

1. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    6500xt was supposed to have the encoder on the cpu
    it was never supposed to be a dgpu

the fact they sold it for 200usd as a dedicated card, without even being a full dgpu product, says it all about the situation we're in.

2. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    More good news, thanks to the crypto crash.

Crypto winter wipes out large chunk of North Korea's weapons program funding

[​IMG]

Airbud, chispy and aufkrawall2 like this.
  3. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Airbud and fantaskarsef like this.

5. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    True, but at least it's heading in the right direction.

Airbud and fantaskarsef like this.
  6. What good is that? If I wanted software-accelerated encoding, I could use any GPU for that :p

7. These price drops are only the beginning. The recession is real and the worst is yet to come.

Airbud, CrazY_Milojko and Horus-Anhur like this.
  8. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Exactly, with inflation increasing massively in most countries, a lot of people will think twice before spending a lot of money in non-essential goods, such as gaming.

9. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
  10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^Yeap, and i can tell you here in Glasgow you can see all this impacting right now, as the streets are empty on a Friday, Saturday, which used to be constant stream of people going out on those nights with taxis, car and bus, but now it's like lockdown empty, apart from the odd bus or car, my local residential car parking is full, taxis picking up people to take them for a night out are nonexistent, no kids out playing, no delivery cars or motor bikes, and no one seems to be even going anywhere they don't need to now....all this is definitely on people's mind.

TheDigitalJedi likes this.

11. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    'Cryptoqueen' Ruja Ignatova added to FBI most-wanted list over OneCoin scheme

New York: A German citizen accused of defrauding investors out of $4 billion by selling a fake cryptocurrency called OneCoin has been added to the FBI's list of its ten most-wanted fugitives, US officials said on Thursday.

Ruja Ignatova, also known as "Cryptoqueen," was charged in 2019 with eight counts including wire fraud and securities fraud for running the Bulgaria-based OneCoin Ltd as a " pyramid scheme ". Prosecutors say the company offered commissions for members to entice others to buy a " worthless cryptocurrency ".
    "She timed her scheme perfectly, capitalizing on the frenzied speculation of the early days of cryptocurrency," said Damian Williams, the top federal prosecutor in Manhattan.
    Williams described OneCoin as "one of the largest Ponzi schemes in history."

Source and complete story: https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/01/business/ruja-ignatova-cryptoqueen-fbi-most-wanted/index.html

12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Meta to Kill Novi Cryptocurrency Wallet, Libra Stablecoin

Meta’s Novi money-transfer service users have received messages informing them of the platform’s imminent demise, with the pilot project’s experimental subjects becoming unable to add money to their accounts after July 21. According to reporting from Bloomberg(opens in new tab), they should withdraw their funds and download their transaction histories, if needed, as soon as possible before the service is closed down on September 1.

Source and more info: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/meta-novi-pilot-ends

13. At this point even the biggest optimists have to agree that stable coins are either a myth or total scam.

TheDigitalJedi and chispy like this.
  14. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  15. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    3060ti 2% down, the gigabyte gaming model I got for 630eur last year is 605eur now
    meanwhile 3080ti is 600-700eur down compared to 6 months ago

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    And still a 10GB rtx3080 is a ripoff 840-850€ minimum.. at this point i won't pay more then 550-600€ for it..

17. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I'm glad I didn't mess with this crap! Ladies and Germs you can take these words I'm about to say with a grain of salt. That's your choice. Save your own money! Even if you're living paycheck to paycheck and can only put away very few dollars......SAVE SOMETHING! Put it away and forget about it each time you get paid! Do not live or spend above your means! Start early!!! You will be surprised what you can accumulate over a period of time. Cents and a few bucks can turn into thousands of dollars or more over a period of years! All this charging leasing/renting nonsense is pure crap! Own your stuff! Pay things off the best you can if you owe. Avoid quick rich money making schemes! If it sounds too good to be true. THAT'S BECAUSE IT IS! The overwhelming majority of them which equals to almost 100% are nothing but hustles.

For those of you that are in your teens or twenties if you adopt these methods now, you can be more comfortable later in life and have more choices in your favor. Financial cushions and freedoms are a huge stress reliever. I'm old school. This $#it works! Outside of my retirement plans I still use the "under the mattress" methods. You will appreciate the efforts when you reach your 40s, 50s and beyond if you're blessed to see it.

chispy, -Tj- and Airbud like this.
  18. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Videocard prices here in Michigan are back to normal and even below MSRP.

chispy and Airbud like this.
  19. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    I wonder how long until the world realizes that ALL this crypto crap is a total scam. Starting with BTC and ending with whatever shitcoin is the latest hustle.

I could say that the entire market-financial system is a scam, with the purpose of keeping the rich rich and the poor poor, but unfortunately I won't live to see the day where it gets replaced by a true sustainable and fair system of values. At least I can hope that UBI will be implemented soon enough ...

chispy and Brasky like this.
  20. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT