In collaboration with Alphacool, ELSA releases RTX 3090 Liquid Cooled

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    A little late in the cycle...

CrazY_Milojko likes this.
  3. Stairmand

Stairmand Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 Aorus Maste
    For a non Ti it's a bit late. The standard 3090 really needs the backplate cooling too, the VRAM on the back of the card gets incredibly hot.

4. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    If you have a good front plate, it really doesn't need an active backplate. I get temps of 68-74C max on the memory, and that's with a +800MHz overclock (21,5GBps effective).

5. Stairmand

Stairmand Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 Aorus Maste
    Is that on the rear VRAM modules too???? Seems oddly very low even with active cooling. I have a Gigabyte Aorus Master (4 slot cooler) but the rear VRAM modules almost immediately hit 100c then after a minute or two the 110c limiter.

6. Laci

Laci Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    You should replace the stock thermal pads, that way you'll lower the VRAM temps by about 20 degrees.

7. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    ELSA, those were the days. :D

8. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    I think I just lucked out with the gaming x trio 3090. It was the only stock I could find at launch for £1500. It boosts to good levels and it can take a 500watt bios but I just use the stock 375w bios now for warranty purposes and the insane cost of power (52p/kwh).

Most of all seeing as I think any 3090 can do all of the above the best thing about the GXT card is the memory has 2 little heat pipes on the back under the rear plate and the memory hotspot never exceeds 80c which is amazing stuff and with a fan curve bump to hit a cap of 70c at 70% the gpu literally never exceeds 68c. I just can't fault it as a card.

Part of me still wants a 4090 if the cost will be similar for almost twice the performance as running most things at 120hz on the OLED would be neat. I'm glad I didn't do any mining to pay for my next card, this card is paid off now and it'll go towards the cost of the new one so someone will get a bargain off me.