NVIDIA GeForce 516.59 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 28, 2022.

1. rab3072

rab3072 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 ULTRA
    Yo, trying to figure out if it's recent NVIDIA issues or Windows 11.

I have 3 monitors, two 1080p (240hz and 390hz for main) and one 1440p (240hz).

I use my 1440p for any controller-type games but what I am noticing is that now when I put a game onto that monitor, I can only play fullscreen borderless.
    If I choose exclusive fullscreen, my icons all rearrange and I only have a 1080p resolution listed, 1440p is not there. This never used to be an issue. Is anybody else getting this?
    I also get my browser and tried the ufo test on my other monitors and they are all showing at 390hz, pretty sure that never used to be the case either and they would change to match that monitor's display. It is like applications are only seeing the settings for my main display.

2. Main Source

Main Source Guest

GPU:
    2080ti Hybrid
    using 516.40 and 516.59 elden ring is broken using HDR ,screen is super bright and washed out, unplayable , im using a neo g9 and a 3090. Reverting back to 512.95 fixes this, never had this problem before, well since the hdr firmware fix for the neo g9 came out awhile back. anyone else having this issue?

3. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    I'm just reporting that these are fine for me, I let GeForce install them express over the previous set.
    Vanguard runs smooth and all else works fine

OnnA likes this.
  4. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Was already set to that, tried D3D11on12 with mpo's enabled, that smoothens it out, think the video also has some camera panning lag, footage at 17:02 as example, so probably not the best video for testing either.

5. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    As I said, try running any other program running in background with which forcing full clocks works. Or perhaps just GPU-Z render test, but its load is already fairly high.

6. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Tried that, the camera panning at 17:02 is not smooth, nothing we can do about that.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I'm not sure where this belief that changing this setting does anything came from, Angle is for WebGL and changing this setting only tells the browser to output WebGL with Angle via VK, or D3D9, 11 or 12.

But then i read this... hmmm....

8. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    With default D3D11 i have frame drops and stutter. With D3D11on12 videos runs smooth, but many bugs on other sites. OpenGL runs best here. I had no problems with Pascal/GTX 1080 before, this started with change to Ampere/RTX 3070.

9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Bugs like a short flicker when loading a site?

10. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    yes, had also a complete unusable page.

11. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Fiddled around a bit and remembered that 8k AV1 videos for whatever reason are super difficult to be played perfectly. madVR render queues show weird jumping, it is almost not enough to ensure fluid playback. As it's totally unclear what's the limiting factor (it's not CPU load, GPU load, VPU load nor energy saving features), it's a really weird issue. Probably not related to the graphics driver at all.
    So we apparently really need to differentiate between e.g. 4k VP9 and 8k AV1 when it's about stutter issues.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Pascal can only do 8k with vp9, Ampere can do it with AV1, i'd be curious to hear if h264ify enhanced set to block av1 makes things better for anyone.

13. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    It very likely does, as maximum resolution of this video as H.264 is 1080p.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the enhanced version has more controls over blocks, if you block av1, you get vp9 maximum, if you block vp9 you get vp8..... not sure why anyone would want vp8 though.

upload_2022-7-4_3-30-5.png

VP9 should get you 8k
    seems not, they've restricted vp9 to 4k.

Blackfyre likes this.
  15. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Good to know, will run some tests later.

16. Algis

Algis Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    So, it is problem not only for me. I hope that Microsoft, Google and Nvidia will fix this.

Thank you for reply.

17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    This could indicate that it is an Nvidia problem after all.
    Anyone with a 1080 that could test it and give some feedback?

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    8k is blocked on pascal,
    dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc - Chromium Code Search

The video is also stuttering on an Iris XE Max, which is intels first consumer chip to support AV1 decode.

Try --enable-features=BresenhamCadence

also
    edge://flags/#edge-mf-clear-playback-win10
    chrome://flags/#edge-mf-clear-playback-win10

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
  19. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Why are you so fixated on the 8K ? with D3D11 Setting many videos@60fps are choppy.
    There isnt "chrome://flags/#edge-mf-clear-playback-win10" anymore.

I had no problems with 8K on Pascal, even if it does not use hardware acceleration. I doesnt stutter, that matters.
    With D3D11 many Videos stutters also with Hardware acceleration disabled, because GPU Clocks way no low.

I think stutter in this Video is already present before it was encoded, no matter what resolution some scenes have choppy frametimes.

20. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Yes, some parts in those videos are definitely stuttery. Not suited for such tests.