FSR Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Nov 6, 2021.

Tags:
  1. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Man I love DF. They do in depth videos on PS4 hacks that improve frametime, hacks that require a modified PS4 which is a very small niche. The detail they go into, is mind-boggling. Obviously very credible, and talented people performing these analysis.

Trunks0 likes this.
  2. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Hmm, looks like F1 22 only has FSR 1.0? I thought this game had FSR 2.0.

[​IMG]

3. Trunks0

Trunks0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    PC RedDevil 7900XTX
    They are still human and make mistakes and it's been well documented. And Alex has often shown a bias, and he's readily admitted as much in the past. Like most things you don't want to rely on a single source for info if you can.

I still watch allot of there content though as it usually pretty damn interesting to watch as well.

4. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    The very people who said Alex is biased are biased themselves LOL.

DF only focuses on the technology and their potential, not particularly about price to performance or open source or company ethics or whatever people use to justify their purchase.

5. Trunks0

Trunks0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    PC RedDevil 7900XTX
    Ouch, thanks :\

I'd have a hard time finding it now, as it was awhile back. But it was on their own podcast and I seem to remember Alex himself admitting he has a bias. The others chimed in saying they all do(although it could have in flipped around). This was further put into the perspective that DF will only focus on tech they are personally interested in.

*late edit*. I feel I should point out that I don't feel like the DF God of War video on FSR 2 had much of a bias at all. Alex didn't cover everything perfectly, but imho he nailed inside the scope of what the video was about(which he kept narrow) and assumes his audience know the finer details. That's not always a great idea, but I think it works there imho. Especially as it gets talked about in forums like here.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  6. Trunks0

Trunks0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    PC RedDevil 7900XTX
    Cryio and Krizby like this.
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It is biased nevertheless. To me he lost all credibility. Cant wait to see his sponsored review of rtx40 series.

Horus-Anhur likes this.
  8. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    unlike eastcoasthandle who will grasp at straws and contradict himself just to discredit df.

there is no other channel that does technical analyses like DF

unlike all the channels you watch, right ?

it's convenient to deny the truth this way.

what you really mean is you'll not give credibility to the stuff you personally don't want to believe.

9. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    I like Alex a lot. But he does have random takes that are completely baffling to me:

"FF7R one of the worst ports in recent memory" => Not at all, lmao? Amazing performance across a range of GPUs. Great dynamic resolution implementation, if forced.

"God of War is a sublime PC port" => Not at all, lmao? CPU bound to all hell,
    no exclusive Fullscreen, so no DSR/VSR possible without changing desktop resolution first, ridiculously heavy on PC, impossible to achieve a locked 120-144 gameplay or hell, even a locked 60 fps throughout the entire game (Serpent area especially)

Horus-Anhur likes this.
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Channels like red gaming tech and hardware unboxed? ofc

I do watch DF but mostly Rich and John. Alex might be knowledgeable but also ignorant and biased. I try to avoid his videos.

11. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    How do you think they got the code for FSR 2.0, more than a month before AMD publicly released the source code.
    The only way any studio could have access to FSR 2.0 at that time, was only if AMD gave them the source code.

12. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    dafuq

hold on, didn't you hear about the January data breach ? it's all coming together now.
    it was the studio behind gow trying to sabotage fsr2

amd driver overhead, they had a special driver to address it. not gow, but dx11 in general.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/adrnalin-22-5-2-features-dx-11-enhancements

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Its interesting they didnt make a video about unofficial mod support for fsr2.0. I mean its a pretty big deal an open source technology than can modded into games to run all hardware.

Alex and nvidia are like shh dont tell people about how amd is caching up.

14. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Has any reputable review site made a video yet? red gaming tech or hardware unboxed?
    At least they reviewed the mod maker. Any other review site done that?

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  15. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    This was on the AMD driver. I get 120fps in serpent area with my 150€ CPU on Nvidia, and new AMD driver is much improved too.

DirectFlip present, 0 difference to D3D12 "fullscreen" as seen in dozens of other games.

Well, that is true. GPU bound fps are garbage for those quaint visuals.

Can someone who isn't on my ignore list (if you don't know you're not on it :D ) please drop me a ping once FSR 2.0 mod for RDR2 appears? Thanks in advance!

16. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    HUB has been complimenting DLSS for awhile now, perhaps HUB is also biased :rolleyes:

cucaulay malkin and Undying like this.
  17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    They give where credit is due.

Cryio likes this.
  18. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Looks like DF is doing the same, but further in-depth :D

19. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You know the rules, if they're not 100% praising AMD than they're evil biased shills.

[​IMG]

Cryio, cucaulay malkin and Krizby like this.
  20. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    amd ?
    this is 100% thanks to a modder who replaced dlss
    you act like you need an equal attention cake for fsr2 or everyone is mean

@Eastcoasthandle we have footage of nvidia, df and jetpac striking a deal to steal fsr2 from amd in order to implement it badly into GoW

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    Undying, MerolaC and Trunks0 like this.