NVIDIA GeForce 516.59 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 28, 2022.

1. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I saw some people on Reddit mention it started with a recent update to the game. I forgot some of the suggestions some mentioned that helped.

2. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Thanks We were able to reproduce this. Our team is investigating the issue.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Edge mpo support is the same as chrome, its a joint effort and its incomplete.

4. Chade

Chade Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf 3080 OC
    That's good to hear, thanks Manuel!

5. Algis

Algis Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
  6. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Try with boost GPU clock forced. It might not work in Chrome/Edge profile and you need to start some other background program to make it work.
    GPU power saving feature of my 3060 is just terrible with regard to stutter in video playback, and hardware decoding makes it even worse.

Edit: That is, if your issue isn't MPO related.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  7. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

I've been stuck in Elden Ring world for 250 hours and RDR2 is next on my list, so I hope this gets fixed before then.

8. FranciscoCL

FranciscoCL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Algis likes this.
  9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Thank you.
    I notice the stuttering in it too, fullscreen, both @1440p as 4 and 8k.
    Disabling MPO does not help nor does forcing performance, also checked the performance settings in Edge itself.
    As stated above, GPU frequency variates a lot even with high performance chosen.
    Tried to add Edge to System - Display - Graphics and notice that the variation in frequency change doesn't dip as low, still variates though and the video still has that stuttering going.

Could be something HTML5 related that throttles instead of allowing full boost?

Algis likes this.
  10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    RDR2 has pretty much always ran better under DX12 on Ampere.

11. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    DX12 is a bit stuttery, Vulkan is super smooth.

Cave Waverider and Aldek like this.
  12. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Doubt that. Especially since Vulkan 1.3 driver, the game's memory garbage collector apparently works much better with the Vulkan renderer than with D3D12. But even before, D3D12 was way more stuttery.

Aldek likes this.
  13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Ran the whole game locked at 60 in 4K without any stuttering in DX12.

XantaX likes this.
  14. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    That's the way to do it....

15. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    It definitely started with the recent large game update. After testing every driver from 516.59 back to 496.76 (yep, a dozen drivers!) and seeing no change I decided it had to be something they changed or broke with the game. I also tested each level of every graphical setting to no avail.

Here are my findings after literal days of troubleshooting. First off, Xbox Game Bar (yes, I had it on to play Forza Horizon 5 with friends) creates some sort of odd encoding engine load that massively drags down framerates. This does *not* have to do with Background Recording in Windows as I specifically did testing to have both toggled, neither toggled, then one or the other toggled. Only with Xbox Game Bar toggled on was the game performing atrociously.

Second, the game no longer clocks up the GPU. What I mean by this is that whether I was at 2160p/Ultra or 1080p/Low the GPU core clock would just sit at ~1200MHz, so not even base clock. Not only would this obviously affect the framerates achieved, but nasty hitching and stuttering were present on camera turn and skill usage. Having the game stutter for variable lengths of time during intense combat is a great way to die in this game.

To try and fix the clocks not being upped by the game I forced "Prefer Maximum Performance" in the NVCP for the Outriders profile. To my great surprise this cleared up the vast majority of the issues I described above! The only issue now is that the game is seemingly WAY more difficult to run for the same graphics and testing in the same areas. When I say WAY more, I mean I used to average ~150 watts over a play session in the endgame area with my friend, now it is 280-320 watts to play the same things. I realize this is very likely a game issue and that NV can't really do much especially since the game is running under D3D12, but goodness gracious it sure isn't fun when your room is already ~28C :eek:

Long story long, I can now play the game quite smoothly with my buddies...I just have to sweat quite a bit to do so! If the game devs release a patch or update that changes things (unlikely, since there are still things left untended since launch...) I'll likely post in whatever is the most recent driver thread.
    @Party Poison Still curious to hear about your experience if you end up testing the game! :)

16. Cam Rice

Cam Rice New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti 12gb
    So they fixed the issue where my aduio would just quit working every time I did something like closing a game on my 3080ti and LG C1 but now I have no option for 10 or 12 bit color, only 8 bit. 1 Step forward, 2 Steps back every time they put out a new driver. Glad the fixed the audio drop out though, only took a year.

BoomSlang001 and HonoredShadow like this.
  17. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

I downloaded it again, Mine is the Winstore version though as that's what I got for free when it launched. Can't change to dx11 and its stutters constantly.

Its definitely shader compilation but it just ruins the game.

18. SerjRozov

SerjRozov Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 Xtreme
    So, is it?

19. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    havent tried yet im playing something else

20. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    You can try under Edge://flags setting "Choose ANGLE graphics backend" to OpenGL.