Dying Light 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Whiplashwang, Jun 11, 2018.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Is there any settings that makes the game look like complete crap?

3060Ti maxed out looks crap, something is wrong.

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Enable rt and set dlssq.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  3. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i don't think the game looks good in general. it sure plays good but it looks way too colorful than it should.

Maddness likes this.
  4. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    aufkrawall2, Undying and Maddness like this.

5. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    No doubt the modding community will improve on textures (especially distance ones) and the color of the world palet. Still the game itself, the parkour and combat are what really shines in this game. It really is just a fun game to play. That's where its true strength is.

Undying and cucaulay malkin like this.
  6. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Hm, me? :)
    At a first glance, it seems to work miraculously well, i.e. much better than DLSS. As the latter, for whatever weird reasons, is just broken in this game (blur or brightness flicker in motion).
    DLSS 2.4.3 Q:
    [​IMG]

FSR 2.0:
    [​IMG]

Both ReShade CAS strength 1.0. 52fps in both cases.

wth, would have never expected that such a mod can look that great. So far also no extreme ghosting like in Tiny Tina Wonderlands to be seen.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    FSR2.0 looks sharper showing more details on textures atleast standing still but motion is another thing.

8. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    On those screenshots, FSR 2.0 looks really good. Even better than DLSS.
    @aufkrawall2 could you take some screenshots that show movement. Maybe walking forward, or having some NPCs moving around.

9. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It looks good but the blades of grass are showing ghosting and a weird dotted effect, the tress aren't as full. I think you consider it better because of the sharpen filter, at least going by those images you posted.

10. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Can try, though the game doesn't have manual save with exact camera.
    But I can already tell you that DLSS is completely broken in motion in this game. If you move the camera just 1px, the whole scene flashes with blur, or when you increase DLSS sharpen, with extreme ringing. For whatever reason, FSR 2.0 doesn't inherit this behavior, even though it should be fed with exactly the same data.

Spets and Horus-Anhur like this.

11. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Ah, that answers my my post :)

12. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Yes, it's some specific brokenness of this game with DLSS. DLSS certainly would look much better than currently if it was fixed properly by the game devs.
    Maybe the devs confused something with DLSS sharpen, as it's also responsible for that temporal ringing issue in other games when kept active.

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Dlss should have sharpen option like Shadow Warrior 3. Idk why devs dont include it with all games. Dlss also looks great in motion only ghosting i noticed is in the grass.

14. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    They added DLSS sharpen option via patch to DL2 (and probably broke it, I didn't notice the issue with release version).
    Uploading video showing the issue...

15. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Why DLSS is unbearable in DL2:

I've also removed the game's own crap sharpen via mod (doesn't affect the DLSS issue). DLSS sharpen slider still works with FSR 2.0 mod and apparently uses RCAS instead. Works well enough so, I don't need to inject ReShade just for CAS. There is an issue of FSR 2.0 mod with particles originating from burning barrels, but it's not a dealbreaker. Otherwise, after playing for two hours with FSR 2.0, I'd still say it looks by far the best vs. TAA and botched DLSS implementation. Every TAA mode has some issues in this game though, apparently motion vectors aren't ideal.

Edit: In some situations, moving objects show distinct ghosting/trailing. It's not as bad as in Wonderlands though.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022

16. Karl Harrow

Karl Harrow Guest

GPU:
    Asus Rog
    I have problems with the initial missions. I feel like I don't have the nerve to get through this game.

17. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    I read that the game needs quite some time to become interesting. After the first three hours, I'm not really convinced vs. DL1, which was great fun after leaving the building for the first time.

Btw: Does RTSS overlay work for you? I can't make it work with recent patch versions of the game.

Edit: Btw: Techland support quickly answered my support ticket and said the DLSS issue was known and a fix is in the making.

18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I have asked again, but can someone post some screenshots for visual settings for this game?

I dont know why it looks so bad..(3060Ti).

Help?

19. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    What do you mean bad? It has its bad times and good times(with RT). The lighting may look bland at times.

20. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Looks very washed out, i dont know how to describe it.

And wondering if its a specific setting.