NVIDIA GeForce 516.59 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 28, 2022.

1. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    I remember that there were some issues with NVCPL sharpening in some previous drivers. There was also some registry "fix" for that(to bring back sharpening from older drivers). Are these drivers still affected by it, if no - when was it fixed(which driver) and finally, what was the actual fix, as I can't find it...

2. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    rdr2 flicker fixed you say ? will give them a go then.

3. Mapson

Mapson Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    Pascal and Maxwell still have the performance loss in 516.59 with the new scaling and sharpening . The registry workaround ( EnableGR535=dword:00000000 ) mitigates that issue by enabling the old scaling and sharpening options - https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/n...wnload-discussion.441442/page-14#post-5983437

hemla likes this.
  4. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    4K dlssq looks incredible in generally everything
    go see it in wolfenstein,metro,control and rdr2 w. the sharpening fix (!) you'll be more amazed

5. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    Thanks, I wonder if they going to add fix in newer driver or are Maxwell/Pascal just too dated to care about.

6. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Installed this driver ( Slimmed down version, just the core driver + Physx ) and upon boot up. NGX Updater was downloading something in the background. I've never seen that before now, googling it took me to

https://developer.nvidia.com/rtx/ngx

Did previous drivers have this thing included or is this new?

crickv likes this.
  7. Mapson

Mapson Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    The new NIS introduced in 496.76 is performed on shaders for Pascal and Maxwell resulting in a performance hit, this isn't an issue for GPUs with dedicated hardware such as Ampere and Turing based cards.
    Having said that, using NIS in a thirdparty application such as Lossless Scaling which uses the official NVIDIA Image Scaling platform-agnostic open source SDK outperforms the built-in driver Nvidia NIS for Pascal and Maxwell cards.

8. Algis

Algis Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Not tested with 512.xx drivers now, but this problem persist from beginning of the year.

9. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    What !!! why would Nvidia release drivers with a issue like this :eek:

10. Algis

Algis Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Thank you for reply.

Disabling MPO not solves problem. Interesting that lag is in both situations when Hardware acceleration is disabled or enabled and some Youtube videos lag more and some not so.

11. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Graphical corruption in Watch Dogs Legion with these (garbled textures looks like a shader problem), like the previous driver. It very much looks like a memory problem on the card, however, after testing the game on a 2060, 2070 Super, 3070 AND 3080 the problem persists. No problems on 512.77

Unless there is a weakness elsewhere in the system that the newer drivers are exposing I'm left confused as I've never seen a driver cause artifacting like this.

edit

All cards were tested at stock, the RAM isn't overclocked nor is the CPU.

12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    NGX API has been a part of the driver since the release of Turing.

Angantyr likes this.
  13. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    Are these 'keepers', or are we rolling back?, like normal lol

14. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Driver working perfect - I honestly can't remember the last time I rolled back a driver. other than issues with specific games due to bugs, the performance of drivers varies within acceptable standard deviations.

0LBaID, Firmeteran, dr_rus and 3 others like this.
  15. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    You can try the 512.xx these drivers didn't have that issue if I remember well :)

16. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Yes id's odd, better to go back to 516.40 imo.and hope F1 22 is running well

17. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    To me anyway, this whole 'no image sharpening' in NVCPL thing is a nonsense. It all comes down to what you have set in adjust desktop size and position. If you set scaling to 'aspect ratio' or 'no scaling' then NIS will appear in the 3D settings. I game at 1080p so NIS was of no real use, I set scaling to integer and the old image sharpening control shows in NVCPL. No registry workaround needed.

18. Mapson

Mapson Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    Pascal and Maxwell cards do not support Integer Scaling. The registry workaround is needed for those architectures.

19. Mapson

Mapson Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    Additional issue opened by Nvidia since 516.59 driver release.

[F1 22] Game may randomly crash while playing in VR mode [3689733]

Unconfirmed by Nvidia but is reported across multiple forums, report submitted to Nvidia via official form with reproduction steps. Issue with MSI GS66 10SFS (RTX2070SMQ). Windows brightness setting does not work when notebook is in dedicated GPU mode (same as MSI GE66 Raider issue [3693207] [3693211])

Tagging @valorex just in case you want to add the issue to main post.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  20. Mapson

Mapson Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    Objective benchmark analysis of drivers from 442.59 to 516.59 using custom spreadsheet I originally created to objectively analyse raw benchmark data (see NOTE in footer).

Raw benchmark data on the left is from historical and recent posts by LokkenJP over on Reddit (1070ti GPU, i7 4790K CPU, Windows 10). As with all data, results are system dependent and can be used as a general guide only.

Summary columns to the right objectively highlight the highest performing driver for a given category (FPS, frametimes AVG 1% 0.1%) in the games tested. Each driver is given a point / score based on how many times it is selected as the highest performing for a given game and category. (see NOTE in footer).

[​IMG]

NOTE: Spreadsheet 'summary' columns on the right automatically select the highest performing driver for each game in each of the 4 categories ( FPS, frametimes AVG 1% 0.1% ). If a category result 'matches' across multiple drivers the higher driver number in the result is selected e.g. if 442.49 and 516.59 have matching FPS results then 516.59 is selected in the 'summary' list.

Drivers with an overall score of 0 will not appear under the 'Score' summary section. All drivers with a score of 1 or above are shown in the 'Score' summary section in order of highest overall score to lowest overall score.

FPS figure is the MEDIAN from the 3 raw benchmark data points.

EDIT: Updated spreadsheet based on feedback from @Mineria

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    0LBaID, Firmeteran, nykun and 2 others like this.