Nvidia shows signs ...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by pharma, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I think both Nvidia and AMD are doing exactly that. The way all these leaks keep changing. It's almost daily now.

pharma and alanm like this.
  2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Yes, only natural for them to toss out disinfo to leakers from time to time. This is the way I view them as their launch dates approach.

[​IMG]

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Spy Vs Spy on Commodore 64 :p (Yes i had that one).
    Fun game for sure.

GoldenTiger and alanm like this.
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I wont be even considering the 4070 if it has only 10gb vram.

aufkrawall2, Jobert and fantaskarsef like this.

5. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
  6. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Latest rumor ... looks like AD104 might be more efficient than Navi 33.

7. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Siemens and NVIDIA to Build Industrial Metaverse - Digital Engineering 24/7 (digitalengineering247.com)

June 29, 2022
    “We have to make the digital twin as realistic as possible and bring it as close as possible to the real world,” said Busch.

For Siemens customers, the design and simulation software NX is where their industrial equipment, machinery, and vehicles are conceived and defined. To breathe life into them as digital twins, the company needs an immersive virtual world where they can live. NVIDIA has already built such a world: NVIDIA Omniverse.
    NVIDIA has been promoting Omniverse as the ideal digital environment for digital twins. With built-in physics, machine learning, and real-time visuals, Omniverse can be used to simulate the electromechanical behaviors of industrial equipment. Infrastructure company Bentley is one of the early adopters of Omniverse to host digital twins. Enterprise NVIDIA Omniverse users include Amazon, Kroger, Lowe’s, and PepsiCo.

Since Omniverse partnerships are not exclusive, many manufacturers will conceivably develop and maintain their own metaverses to house their digital twins.
    Developing and maintaining a digital twin is a herculean task. It involves creating a dynamic 3D replica of a real-world object in the virtual world, establishing live links to real-time data, and maintaining a history of its peaks, lulls, and breakdowns.

Therefore, once brought to life inside a metaverse, transferring it to a different environment is highly unlikely. Viewed in this light, depositing a digital twin into a metaverse is a lifelong commitment, and the locked in effect is unavoidable.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    Spets and alanm like this.
  8. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    In another thread I mentioned how Samsung's reduced orders for components and parts for their production of several products (TVs, smartphones, etc) is basically industry-wide and will eventually include Apple and other big chip clients of TSMC who will similarly faced a reduced need for chips.

Looks like Nvidia (and AMD) as well is trying to reduce their chip orders from TSMC s well but is locked in with them currently but may have option to delay shipments.

tsmc1.png

tsmc2.png

https://twitter.com/chiakokhua/status/1542732724443938816

pharma likes this.
  9. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    yeah bois, let them burn :D, slim down those ~70% profit margin bois...

10. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    as I suspected, even with low or no crypto demand it's gonna take until summer next year before we can get good cards at decent prices.

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Just cant hide my delight in how Nvidia screwed themselves so badly with the $ billions paid upfront to TSMC to secure enough chip supply for new RTX 4000s to avoid the shortages that affected Ampere in last couple years. They can delay it, but cant cancel their contract. :D

I really see no way out for them other than to bite the bullet on RTX 4000 pricing plans.

Maddness likes this.
  12. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Their best solution is to find someone that wants those waffers.
    Maybe AMD can use some of those to make more Zen4.

13. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Mindful this is still rumor, but why not keep the production schedule and just put the chips into inventory. Then use as planned or on a delayed schedule? Also Hopper could be a targeted source since they use the same process. It's not as if Nvidia was going to a new node in 2023.

14. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I think Hopper is in N4. So they also have waffers reserved just for that.

15. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    I believe both are a customized N5 node (TSMC customized N4 node specifically for Nvidia).

Maddness likes this.

16. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    The whole PC market is in a slow-down. Asus and Gigabyte expect their motherboard sales to be down by 25%. Doubtful AMD would want to commit to more CPU production than they had already planned.

pharma and Maddness like this.
  17. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Fwiw...

kopite.png

The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 will use 128 SMs of the 144 SMs for a total of 16,384 CUDA cores. The GPU will come packed with 96 MB of L2 cache and a total of 384 ROPs which is simply insane. The graphics card is expected to feature the latest TSMC 4N process node which is an optimized version of the 5nm process node and will rock some impressive clock speeds. The leaker mentions the base clock at 2235 MHz, boost clock at 2520 MHz, and the actual max boost clocks to be over 2.75 GHz which might be a confirmation of the 2.8 GHz+ clock speeds. It looks like custom models might be pushing this over the 2.9 GHz range too. That's a:

• 60% Increase In Base Clock (2235 MHz RTX 4090 vs 1395 MHz RTX 3090)
    • 49% Increase In Boost Clock (2520 MHz RTX 4090 vs 1695 MHz RTX 3090)
    • 33% Increase In Max Clocks (~2800 MHz RTX 4090 vs ~2100 MHz RTX 3090)
    That gives us slightly over 90 TFLOPs of compute horsepower so the rumored 100 TFLOPs figure may also be possible now with a full-fat AD102 configuration rocking similar or higher clocks...

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce...s-leaked-flagship-over-2-75-ghz-rumor/?beta=1

Attached Files:

Maddness, pharma, OnnA and 1 other person like this.
  18. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    RTX 4070 with only 10GB. nVidia is really taking the piss on gamers.

-Tj- and Undying like this.
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Disappointing really. Meh, gonna go back to amd anyway.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Also that 160bit bus, yikes xD

I know it will have fast ram, but still..