NVIDIA GeForce 516.40 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Adaptogen

Adaptogen New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Very bizarre... after a clean install of these drivers on Windows 11 22H2 (build 22621.160) and rebooting the PC, the language in my calendar changed to Chinese.
    I had to revert back to my native language in the settings.

I'm going to test a few games, hopefully I won't be in for any more surprises and unusual behavior...

* Sorry, I used a translator for this message

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    OK, after checking the settings in Mount & Blade II Bannerlord, it appears that the issue I was having was actually a game bug. The game allowed me to select Dynamic Resolution Scaling *then* while this was enabled chose DLSS. If you do this then DLSS breaks the graphics in the game. I had to first turn off DLSS in the game then manually uncheck the Dynamic Resolution Scaling option and, finally, re-enable DLSS. The graphics then work fine. I guess I should report this bug on the Steam forum in case anyone else is confused by the setting as the Dynamic Resolution Scaling should automatically disable on selecting DLSS but it doesn't. The game even states that DRS is disabled when DLSS is enabled but the setting is shown as still enabled and the graphics do not render properly.

Hope that made sense if anyone wants to test it. It is NOT an issue with this driver as I wrongly claimed, just a silly bug in the game.

Cave Waverider likes this.
  3. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Got it. Thank you so much for the quick reply. This will be very helpful.

Herochild, eGGroLLiO and chispy like this.
  4. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    ManuelG are there currently any plans, or an expected time frame for Geforce Experience/Shadowplay to support playback and trimming of recorded videos in HDR/Auto HDR on Windows 11?

5. trancers

trancers Active Member

GPU:
    gigabyte rtx 2080
    Diablo Immortal crashing on these drivers but when using 525.14 Insider Driver game works fine

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    issue is either caused by setting FXAA globally, or your Texture Filtering setting.

FH performs a post-driver update optimization pass, when FXAA is enabled at the global level the optimized resources have broken alpha in some cases

If you want driver FXAA on, run the game first and do the optimization pass before turning global fxaa back on.

Similarly, HQ Texture filtering causes graphical issues such as this.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
  7. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    I am not a big fan of this driver, Farcry 6 and Battlefield 2042 constantly crashes, Resident Evil 7 DX12 runs fine...

8. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Far cry 6 working fine here, but i have to wait 2-3 days more cause 512.95 worked fine first days, then nearly killed my gpu with weird graphic bugs.

9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    If by that you mean with the same game and settings, that is because drivers behave differently on Mondays from Sundays.

10. SSD

SSD Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    @loracle It's kind of funny to see all kinds of "Master guru" around here making remarks like "i have to wait 2-3 days more cause 512.95 worked fine first days, then nearly killed my gpu with weird graphic bugs". Like the driver is waiting a couple of days just to annoy you... No wonder Nvidia can't really rely on the feedback it's getting from places like this...

PapaJohn likes this.

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    So here's an idea for Nvidia: since these are supposedly supporting the second release of Windows 11 can we please have the context menu CPL option moved into the "new" menu already?
    I feel like I've lost about a year of my life now doing the second click on "More options" to get to Nv CPL from the desktop.

12. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Are you idiot ? waiting 2-3 days, time to play heavy games for a long time, and then you can have a final word about the driver, you can stay for a long time if just surfing internet or playing emulated games or even some old games that are not very demanding on gpu, without noticing anything in general, if there is no weird bug :cool:

13. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    This particular user is a known unknown and can be disregarded.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  14. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Though saying visual corruption almost killed a card is hyperbole much. Card gets killed and then shows corruption as a result of it, not vice versa.
    Also, only things killing cards are too high voltage, too high temperatures (for hours/days...) or faulty components. Driver theoretically can induce first two factors to some extent, but it's very unlikely. So let's stay a bit more factual, shall we...

Passus likes this.
  15. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    U2 :D

16. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    Is it time for you medication yet? If not, try taking a chill pill, Kojak

17. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    And you, try to be nice with people specially who did not spoke to you or, stfu ;)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
  18. Triklopius

Triklopius Member

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    For me it's the worst driver since a couple of years. When will Nvidia delete these driver from their side???

19. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    Cool as ice, are you? lol. Take care, cupcake x (Ignored officially now, ciao for now)

20. SSD

SSD Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    I would like to apologize to everyone for inadvertently starting a crap argument with some easily triggered people around here.