AMD Software Preview Driver May 2022 driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MerolaC, May 10, 2022.

1. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I made a prediction 3 years ago that by 2025 NV will be irrelevant in the GPU market, much like Creative is with their sound business. So far things are on course, :)

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    creative was killed by questionably legal collusion between microsoft, intel and realtek, and the carving out of the audio hal.

3. XOWNY

XOWNY New Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    dude i cant thank you enough, for ages i couldnt figure it out why the heck my vram was always max at idle, dropped my temps about 10c.

HD64G and illusiveman like this.
  4. mirh

mirh Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 7750 1GB
    https://github.com/GPUOpen-Drivers/AMDVLK/issues/108 (and I could swear there was another one)
    Even though I believe they should support the corresponding feature on opengl instead.
    No, they were killed by their own monopolistic greed.
    They were literally already on the top of the world with openAL being the main UE3 sound api, which was totally bulletproof to anything Windows could have done (and with good reasons anyway, moving away from everything being done in the kernel was the right call).
    But it turns out developers eventually don't like gimped solutions that are schemed just to sell your cards (let alone variability and bugs).

5. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    I have a new Vega 56 card i bought about 3 weeks ago, i tested every driver so far but this may 2022 one. Install this one and everything works perfectly fine, video quality and colors are perfect, game performance is amazing, great driver indeed.