Farcry 6

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kx11, May 28, 2021.

1. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    "Something i loved about F.E.A.R was the AI and how it tried to flank, or even withdraw if it was taking effective fire."

THIS..... was imho the best thing about F.E.A.R.. I was shocked at how convincing the A.I. Enemies were moving. Infact of all the games I have played, F.E.A.R.s A.I. ranks as some of the best I have played. I definately still remember it. Another A.I. that was great to play against was Vietcong/Vietcongs IIs. 1 last thing about F.E.A.R. I loved was the Bullet Time effect. It really added something to the A.I. encounters. Other than the A.I. and Bullet Time effect, I couldn`t stand the rest of the game tbh. The obvious Ghost girl rip = Alma.... ripped name et`al from the movie Ghost Story. And the bland level design.

2. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I mean the Nexus Mods for FC5 and ND do add an amount of aggression for the AI but agreed its far from realistic, if only AI could be scripted to run through something like the 7 question estimate and select options based on the outcome, that would make things far more realistic. Simply running away as COH2 or just going firm like most other games doesnt cut it. At least Metro EE having the EN even surrender is something.

3. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    May I ask which mods for FC5 adjust the AI?

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  4. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I cant remember the settings exactly and i cant be arsed to boot up my gaming PC right now, its one of the Nexus Mods, the settings changes stuff like En wpn accuracy and NPC aggression. I ran a scenario a few times on different settings and the actions of the En NPCs was noticeably different.

5. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
  6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    With the structure of FC games being made up of outposts, factories, camp sites, etc. All they need to do is keep the A.I within these areas and they can be just as heavily scripted as the A.I in FEAR. They just tend to rely on the scale and scope of their open world to cover up for other issues but when you look at FC2 A.I and then look at the more recent entries in the system you start to understand just how lazy the devs have got or how stingy the pubs have got with the amount of time and money they are willing to spend on these games.

ramthegamer likes this.
  7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    FEAR used very clever scripting and level design to make the AI feel smarter then it actually was.
    They were programmed to react to specific "nodes" in the game world, and to react to possible actions the player could make.

Making them feel more alive then they really were.
    And the final icing on the cake was the dialog. Recording lots of different lines for them to use in combat to help fully realize the "squad" feeling.

8. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Would that ALL Dev teams thought on their feet like the F.E.A.R. A.I. Devs. Indeed.

ramthegamer likes this.
  9. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
  10. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Yeah, was great to hear them flapping when they were overmatched and tacking casualties.

11. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Doh this game missing textures still not fixed.HD Textures are on.Not sure why it bugs me.
    miss fc.jpg miss fc1.jpg

12. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    That option was thought for 16GB VRAM GPUs. They are not gonna fix it and they stated some time ago that you need that amount of VRAM in order to enable the HD textures. That means, go AMD or buy a 3090. :D

13. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Well thanks for the advice,I guess the RTX 3090 I am using in the screenshots is hard to see in the overlay ,had to reduce screenshot from 8k to 1080p to upload here.

14. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Sorry, I did not see you owned a 3090, your profile says you have a 3080, that's why I wrote that. :) I guees the resolution you are using is too high then and the game handles it badly. Probably you saturated the available memory on board and textures don't load in properly.

PS: if you think about it, if you need 16GB of VRAM for 4k and HD textures on, then you might need even more than 24GB for 8k.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  15. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    people are still going to claim that it's vram related
    you've got 6GB free yet this still happens
    ubisoft turd

16. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    It's about the way this crappy engine manages resources and streams assets/textures, and probably also because it's an AMD sponsored game. I'm not saying 24 GB wouldn't be enough in any scenario, only in this game.

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You need atleast 11gb vram to use HD textures. When you gonna realize 8gb isnt enough this days and surely not in the future.

[​IMG]

18. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    it's broken on 24gb cards
    also,pretty ironic to talk about the future in the context of fc6 which is built on the same engine as fc4 from 2014. they just added high res textures and (also not working correctly) quarter res reflections like lipstick on a pig

if you want to talk about the future see how cyberpunk or control look with rt on.

and why are you using DF ? they're soooooooo biased.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I can tell you didnt play FC6 or you would know game looks great. Its an Ubicrap game i know but textures are high resolution and water effects are one of the best i've seen. Pair that with rt reflection and shadows and im telling you its very nice despite engine being from 2014.

Btw i finished Control with dlss and full rt on a 34" ultrawide so i can tell future is bright. :)

pegasus1 likes this.
  20. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    so did fc5 and fc4, they both looked very nice, even by today's standards. fc6 isn't any better. at least not compared to 5.