11 on an older 10 pc ?

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Teisco, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    There has to be a way to install 11 update on an older pc that does not meet the requirments. What are you guys doing or using ?

2. teots

teots Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    I tried one of the os from here > https://phoenixliteos.com , it's excellent.

3. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    On my Gaming MSI Laptop from 2017 I am using Windows 10 and I am sticking with it even after the end of life in 2025 because hopefully not to long before that I hopefully will get my Steam Deck and Will be using that for my portable gaming needs. On my desktop PC I may upgrade to Windows 11 I may not it depends on some factors if Gaming on Linux keeps growing and vastly improving like it has been doing. Hell I might even try one of those PhoenixLiteOS installs even.

4. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    What does that have to do with anything? I sure hope you dont pay anything more than you would an OEM key on ebay (3 dollars).

5. johnny_walker

johnny_walker Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 570 8GB
    1. Download Win 11 ISO from the official site.
    2. Use rufus to create bootable USB drive ( under "image options" select extended windows installation no tpm ).
    3. Boot from it and install Win 11 ( clean install or upgrade / whatever u want to do )
    upload_2022-6-11_3-2-30.png

Cave Waverider, 386SX, alanm and 3 others like this.
  6. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    There is zero difference between the keys except price pal

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its not an error.

386SX likes this.
  8. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    You don't have any idea what you are talking about. This has nothing to do with the topic or what the person you are responding to said. The OP asked if there is a way to get around the security requirements that Microsoft setup for Windows 11. Plus purchasing retail keys for Windows 11 has nothing to do with this either because the key is useless if you can't get around the security requirements.

alanm likes this.
  9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Why the f*ck would you want to use win11 anyways?

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its the future.

11. WDDM 3.1 and DirectStorage, and I don't think anything uses either yet. I'm still too skeptical to use 11 for VR, and that's the only reason I run Windows at all.

Clai likes this.
  12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    HAGS also only works on W11.

13. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Incorrect. OEM keys bind to the hardware ID and are not transferable. Retail keys can be unbound to hardware, and reused, and easily managed in your MS Account.

If you use an OEM Key, and say change your CPU or upgrade a motherboard, then your Windows will deactivate and require a new key. Tho OEM keys selling for $3 isn't a big issue in this regard.

14. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    I stand corrected mate thanks.

As for needing a new key you just need to ring microsoft and they will activate the new mobo free of charge

15. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Does it give anyone who aint using the bleeding edge tech any form of benefit what so ever? No ? And does it still have a ton of issues that needs to be sorted? Well then i have a very hard time seeing why the average consumer would want to switch to win11...

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    still has the same issues as it does on 10.

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    the average person still wont switch from HDD to SSD cause cost to size ratio just for speed due to it cost. less came with SSD in system. I guarantee the average person dont even know what HAG is or REBAR let alone would mess with anything in bios. people on such forums like general not average person.

I have used HAG i did not see difference with on or off personal so turned back off. I have heard it could help in cpu bottleneck situations? I also did now know rufus let create win 11 boot disc to allow the install though. and i been lurking around these forms for 20+ years Also did not know you can make profile show nothing less person looking is is followed by you.

18. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    No one who posted on this thread has a criminal mind and you saying that doesn't make your post correct.

19. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Now you are just posting nonsense and spam.

20. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    It depends where you live. OEM keys are transferrable at least where the law requires it (EU countries, for example). In such a case, as long as you deactivate Windows on your old motherboard/PC first, you can use the key again without hassle. If you don't deactivate it first (because your computer died or whatever), you'll likely have to call Microsoft and activate your copy on the new computer via phone.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022