Info Zone - gEngines, Ray Tracing, AI, DLSS, DLAA, DLDSR, TSR, FSR, XeSS, DirectSR and MODS etc.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by OnnA, Sep 22, 2021.

1. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Nah. You need additional hardware for this feature. Its been proven over and over again, and UE5 is hammering the final nail in the coffin.

That's honestly what you get for opting for a card that is physically missing hardware, that "equally" priced competition has. Some blindly support these companies, and thus hold back the tech in general.

Go ahead and continue with your blind denial though. I'm honestly tired of seeing it.

2. Trunks0

Trunks0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    PC RedDevil 7900XTX
    It may very well require more power. But it doesn't necessarily need ML or dedicated hardware. And evident by FSR 2 being as close as it is.

It's not denial. I just understand how this works, your stuck on it requiring something it doesn't.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
  3. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Lol FSR2 has not approached the realm of acceptability. It looks horrible compared to DLSS up close. One is a clear winner.

Keep sticking to that "AMD GPU mentality" though! Im sure they will bring you the latest hardware features!

4. Trunks0

Trunks0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    PC RedDevil 7900XTX
    And yet most youtubers, tech website's, developer's, forum poster's here, and else where, and review's out there disagrees with that sentiment. They are all saying it's close. So keep proving the point that you don't know what your talking about.

But I agree that DLSS 2.X looks better.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    Undying likes this.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It is very close if you dont pixel peep looking for difference and it does not require dedicated hardware to use it.

Why would someone be so buthurt about it is beyond me.

Trunks0 likes this.
  6. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Because the entire f*cking mentality has changed about the entire hobby. You cant even say a god damn word about a new tech thats been out for 5 years without being called a fanboy, and its all about "features for everyone." Before this crap mentality, us enthusiasts bought PC hardware geared toward the future. Usually accompanied by a new DirectX hardware feature.

Here is my opinion: "Works on every card" SUCKS. That SUCKS to hear, even if I was still stuck on the 1660s I had before this (still a great card). I want new hardware features and new technology to come out, and be improved upon. If you think DLSS vs FSR2 is about "pixel peeping" when graphics are totally missing with one of them, well then that just shows you are the one making assumptions. What is FSR2 gonna be in UE5? DLSS actually does bring 30-80 percent, baseline, in every single thing tested so far with the engine... Do you believe FSR2 is going to accomplish the same? This is what graphics are becoming, and nobody should be settling for missing graphics.

You have people buying hardware now based off crap like "emotion" and various superficial beliefs that end up with missing hardware features, and these companies will and do take advantage of that.

No worries though. I am sure that when FSR3 comes around, AMD will have its own dedicated hardware for it. Then, as usual, it gets "standardized."

7. Trunks0

Trunks0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    PC RedDevil 7900XTX
    What?

Look, I'm not saying DLSS doesn't rock. It's both faster and usually better looking. But you where making a point that was just incorrect about needing dedicated hardware for FSR 2 to look better.

Of the 5 different temporal techs we got/getting (DLSS 2.x, FSR 2, TSR, TAAU and XeSS), DLSS is the only one that requires special hardware to operate. I'm not saying that having hardware to accelerate it is bad at all. What I'm saying is that improving the visual quality doesn't require dedicated hardware or AI.

The issue is you make blanket statements that don't stand up when you start talking it out. And it ignores how we got where we are. DLSS 2.X is based on TAA, an open software based form of post process anti-aliasing.

And the only one going down the route taking aim and making insinuations of people being a fanboy... is you.

Undying likes this.
  8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Guys You need to understand that nV GPU (with RT + DLSS) was in mind long time ago -> pushing the envelope in GFX space forward (AMD is pushing it in CPU space).
    Turing was not invented in 2 Years ! IMhO it was min. 5 or more years.
    So AMD can't have those features implemented cuz' they lack invention, they have 5700X & RadeonVII then RDNA2 (so it was already taped out).
    Maby if we're lucky they will implement some new Tech into RDNA3, if so they will catch up to nV. :p (If not nV will be dominating RT space for couple more years).
    Stay cool. It's what it is. There is no bad products just bad prices.

-> https://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-developing-own-ml-based-upscaling-technology

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    pharma, Trunks0 and Maddness like this.
  9. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    DLSS = 4 wheels car
    FSR2.0 = 3 wheels motorcycle :D

Yes they can both do almost the same thing, but DLSS can do much more, for example upscaling RT (which is rumored to be DLSS 3.0).

The existance of tensor cores on GPU is also valuable, as any code that was developed on Nvidia supercomputer can run on RTX GPU without the need of middle man, cutting down developement time (as evidence by many DLSS revisions coming out on regular basis).

pharma and OnnA like this.
  10. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Take a deep breath Timmy...

[​IMG]

Horus-Anhur and Undying like this.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    In this game, players will experience a highly polished and absorbing narrative experience packed with engaging gameplay.
    The game will be using Unreal Engine 4, and will feature Ray Tracing effects + DLSS (similary to Deliver Us the Moon).

Trunks0, pharma and Maddness like this.
  12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    The developers of Warhammer 40,000: Darktide also revealed their partnership with NVIDIA to implement: Ray Tracing, NVIDIA DLSS, and NVIDIA Reflex in their game.
    Darktide will also be playable at launch through GeForce NOW.

pharma and BuildeR2 like this.
  13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Layers of Fears will be using Unreal Engine 5, Ray Tracing & Lumen

Created with the cutting-edge Unreal Engine 5 technology, the game will support Ray Tracing, and will make use of the Lumen system, it will support HDR effect and 4K resolutions.

Maddness and Undying like this.
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Resident Evil 2 Remake is DX12 exclusive.

Back in March 2022, Capcom announced a new upgrade patch for Resident Evil 2 Remake (that will bring to it new Ray Tracing effects).
    And today, the Japanese company stated that the game will no longer support the DX11 API, meaning that it will now have higher GPU requirements.

As Capcom noted, the upcoming upgrade patch will ditch DX11 in favor of DX12.
    As such, the minimum GPU requirements will now be the NVIDIA GeForce GeForce GTX 960 and the AMD Radeon RX 460.
    Previously, the game had the NVIDIA GeForce GeForce GTX 760 and the AMD Radeon R7 260x as the minimum required GPUs.

Maddness and cucaulay malkin like this.
  15. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    good
    rasterized gi,ao and reflections will be dead soon.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Why not RT system req then?

17. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

Trunks0, OnnA and pharma like this.
  18. Trunks0

Trunks0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    PC RedDevil 7900XTX
    That's Alex at this best. Clearly taking his time and being through. Awesome.

Noisiv likes this.
  19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    I have 2.4.3 in all my games :p

pharma likes this.
  20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    That is not good. Some games work better with the dlss ver they shipped.