AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 22.5.2 driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by inplayruns, May 24, 2022.

1. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Ohh cmon :rolleyes:

Now you are mixing WHQL with Windows HW Compatibility publisher digital signature

You've just earned a place in my ignore list

2. Blisk

Blisk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX
    Do you have conclusive evidence that the 5000 series is using the newer DXX driver?

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    only narcissists broadcast additions to their ignore list.

nobody cares.

This is caused by displayfusion or other "Hooks into everything" types of desktop management software, oldnewexplorer, IDT audio

Last edited: May 25, 2022
    Romulus_ut3 likes this.
  4. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    This is such bullshit. ROFL.

5. Their claim by itself holds weight. I've had 4K@60Hz issues with certified HDMI cables with several RX 580 GPUs, but no issues even with my longest 15ft cable with a 1060 and 3060. Same cable also works fine with my 6600 XT, so I'm convinced there's HDMI issue with some AMD GPUs that nobody wants to talk about.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What is a good brand HDMI cable?

7. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    jsoad and KissSh0t like this.
  8. rkb

rkb Member

GPU:
    vega 64
    I cant do any fan control through msi ab or asus gpu tweak on my ROG Strix rx 480 card on this 22.5.2 update. i rolled back to previous version and it is working again. also GPU z is reporting wrong value on the GPU & Memory clocks (stuck @ 0hz)

Strange Times and ant_sh like this.
  9. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I think it happened to me, computer boot up to windows, login was super slow, welcome for 30 sec, nothing loaded up for like 10 sec after, and it was like it was loading on a hard disk but not responsive, I just did another restart and it was fine, it started happening when I put the Nvme, WD850 1TB, never happened to me with an SSD. it also happened in windows 10

I bought the HDFURY Vrroom which suppose to be the best kind of HDMI Splitter/upscaler/downscaler device with all functions and fixing all kind of HDMI issues.
    it's a HDMI2.1 device the most expensive one. I had issues using the Vrroomwith my Aliexpress HDMI 2.1 cables which work 100% fine when connected directly to the computer and not a switch/splitter, even using Aliexpress HDMI2.1 switch works fine, I used it all this time before and am using it now until the cable HDFURY recommended to fix the issues I was having, they said only 1 type of HDMI2.1 cable can work fine at the moment. I was having my LG OLED CX 4K120 10bit VRR 444 FULL RGb PC INPUT losing signal every second, it even reseted the AMD drivers causing it to not detected, that was weird, it didn't stop losing signal, I hope the new cable they suggested will work, it fixed many issues for other people with these type of tvs.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S1BNM7K?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Last edited: May 25, 2022
  10. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    And I have had many problems with Nvidia with display port and HDMI scaling, and flickering issues with more then one monitor.
    Still a bullshit claim.

11. ant_sh

ant_sh Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    I confirm this on rx580 - no Fan tab and no Fan% counter in Monitoring

12. Martin5000

Martin5000 Master Guru

GPU:
    8 gig
    RX 590 8 GIG fan control working A ok.
    but no monitoring agreed.

13. jsoad

jsoad Guest

GPU:
    6600XT
    You sure about this? If the problem is the cable, then why it works perfectly fine with 21.10.2 driver?

When i use 21.5.2 i have those "driver timeout" crashes whenever my monitor comes back from idle mode. Same thing happens if i put PC to sleep. Monitor won't wake up and remain black with no signal. If i wait long enough, the video driver restarts by itself and pop up the driver timeout message. So it all points to a driver problem, because using 21.10.2 brings a rock solid experience. No crashes, no driver timeout errors, no black screens, nothing. Works just fine.

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The 5700XT was a weird card with it's display engine sensitivity but by now I think AMD's ironed out some of those really bad year-1 issues. (And whatever hardware level issues that chip actually had and were worked around or bypassed.)
    Curious as to how the D3D11 optimizations here aren't part of RDNA1 yet, there are some differences to how RDNA2 functions but hopefully it will carry over to them soon even if updating for GCN might be a bit more uncertain. (Would be nice though considering the amount of Polaris and Vega GPU's still in use.)

EDIT: Ah but those driver timeouts have been mentioned on the AMD reddit as well for these drivers, maybe some regression or problem exists here too.

Though sleep mode, hibernation and fast startup is apparently a recurring issue for AMD.
    Hardware video playback might be affected again as well, that RDNA3 rumored driver cleanup can't come soon enough and hopefully over time these issues can be finally settled and resolved.

Chances are it won't be quite that simple though, code this complex it probably rarely is.

15. GaryX

GaryX Master Guru

GPU:
    ASROCK 6900XT
    It seems the 22.5.2 Version has a refresh rate problem with the HP reverb G2 VR googles, it flickers like crazy with this driver or windows mixed reality doesn't even start, you only see the displays are powered but without a picture.
    Rolled back to 22.5.1 and all is well.

Waiting for a fixed driver!

16. @SpajdrEX
    seems this driver set (and possibly earlier ones) have a bug with the installer.

If you select perform factory reset, the installation will not resume after a reboot.
    This seems to be due to the AMD RELAUNCHER task failing to execute because it is not set to run with elevated privileges (Windows will prevent it from running).

I ran it manually from Task Scheduler after setting elevated privileges and installation finished as it should.

Plyra, SpajdrEX and GSDragoon like this.
  17. Damn that's some tasty increase and 22.5.2 slightly better even than the preview driver.

Undying likes this.
  18. =GGC=Phantomblu

=GGC=Phantomblu Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900XT

Sorry if I'm speaking in the plural, but I think you need to understand a little better how AMD is providing you with the Drivers. I'm AMD driver beta testers, I'm not saying that to brag about it but some of you think that by waiting for things to settle down, they'll be the ones to fix them ... No it doesn't work. Everyone and I mean everyone if there is something wrong you have to submit it through the REPORT BUG, the bug report tool that is in Adrenalin Software. No need to wait for someone to fix things for you. Everything serves to make a framework to solve existing problems and if there have been bugs or imperfections for months it is due to the fact that there is not enough information to fix these problems, that's all. I invite everyone to report and not get tired in this if you want to solve.

19. GaryX

GaryX Master Guru

GPU:
    ASROCK 6900XT
    done, hope they read that i am talking about the 22.5.2 driver, because the bug report tool was doing a system scan and i have to run .1 to be able to game.
    thx ;)

20. justdoge

justdoge Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX580 Gaming X
    yup I reported like 2-3 bugs and soonish they were fixed, describe things as methodically as you can

Blisk likes this.