NVIDIA GeForce 512.95 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, May 24, 2022.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    disable gsync

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I would say that is NOT a great advert for ray-tracing as, in my opinion, the non-RT "faked" effects look almost as good as the "real" RT ones unless you pause the game and really look close. Hitman is a very stylised game visually, hardly photo-realistic, so adding RT really does not benefit the game is any way. I would argue that the original look suits the game better because of its stylised look. The fact that you lose 75% of your performance for, what at best, are more realistic reflection etc is exactly why I have not been in any rush to upgrade to an RTX graphics card (I still have a GTX 1080 Ti). Yes, it is great that the developers have added this for future hardware but it does nothing to enhance or transform the look of the game. I would wager that after playing for a few minutes you will have forgotten the game even had ray-traced effects... until you noticed the wobbly framerate and THEN remembered why...!!!

Pinstripe likes this.
  3. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7700 XT
    This. With the exception of Quake 2 RTX, Raytracing to me has only been a big, costly, nutrient-poor nothingburger so far.

venturi likes this.
  4. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's just that RT shadows/reflections don't add much, RTGI is what we need like Metro Exodus.

Kolt likes this.

5. Nerboruto

Nerboruto Active Member

GPU:
    p1000@1810mhz
    it seems to me that NIS now works at all resolutions, not just fixed ones. can anyone confirm? i tried to enable it in cyberpunk2077 above fsr and there seems to be a performance increase with the slightly lower resolution while the image quality looks the same.

6. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Your translation is ok. have you uninstalled the driver with DDU in safe mode?

7. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    These are fine for me, overinstalled on the previous, all good for my game Vanguard MP

XantaX likes this.
  8. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    LOL yeah it is cheap but i stay on samsung 980 Pro Nvme it's less cheaper

9. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Here too, also after an update of Vanguard,why overinstalled and not using DDU, is there a reason to? just curious

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  10. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    I believe that the standard advise is if you don't have issues with a driver don't use DDU every time a new driver comes out ;)

11. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    I spend a lot of time setting my settings so if it can update the crucial parts without messing my things I am quite happy to overinstall. If it goes bad I do the DDU dance
    These seem fine

Lex Luthor, XantaX and endbase like this.
  12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Much more than soundcards.

Drivers are loaded on OS boot. Other libs are loaded by processes which use them - i.e. on demand. Libs which are not needed by any process stay unloaded (into RAM).
    If curious you can use ProcessMonitor to spy after games - which libs are loaded by them.

PS
    I guess NV could implement more "fine grained"/"detailed" installer allowing users to select what libs they need, but for that NV need to change the average user model (in their heads). We can assume that average user (for NV) is not capable to select which libs he/she needs.

Last edited: May 25, 2022
    Baldassano likes this.
  13. Mapson

Mapson Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    New open issue added.

[RTX 30 series] PC monitor may not wake from display sleep when GPU is also connected to an HDMI 2.1 TV and TV is powered off [3645633]

@valorex (pinged just in case you want to add to main post)

Netherwind and valorex like this.
  14. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    But Gsync...

Undying likes this.
  15. Battlelog

Battlelog Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    I uninstalled the drivers with the DDU program in safe mode and nothing helped. Even going back to the old drivers didn't help either.
    I had the drivers in Version 512.15, it was OK, but after these, something happened and the control panel stopped working and returning to the same ones does not fix it.

I think I know what the problem is There is no NV Panel Control folder in the NVIDIA Corporation folder, but why is it done this? but the icon is on the bar

I solved it otherwise. I've completely disabled this Nvidia Control Panel and it won't boot up anyway.

16. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    Some games do it better. I say RT in Deathloop make the game way better and doesnt tank the performance as crazy. Hell even Metro Exodus looked really good.

PapaJohn likes this.
  17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Installed with Update driver (save my settings).
    Everything is fine, good driver so far.

BF2042 and my other games performs well as usual.

Note:
    Driver needs restart, cache needs rebuilding.
    Will test with CapFrameX in BF2042 soon.

UPD.1
    Test in King Arthur Knights Tale (in Mission)
    FPS Cap to 65FPS (Freesync). New driver has better Lows 1%

Ampere-Tytan Test 01.jpg

18. SSD

SSD Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    After DDU-ing and installing these new drivers, I've noticed a 5-10% increase in performance across the board. Compared to the previous drivers, these 512.95 had a immediate and quite obvious performance gain, of course this is not a definitive statement but it's true for my system. I play mostly older DX11 based games.

Smough likes this.
  19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    This is why I like to read these driver threads. I've got a HDMI 2.1 TV connected to my PC which most of the time is powered off.

BoomSlang001, Lex Luthor and Mapson like this.
  20. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's ~20MB in your own screenshot. The rest are various files needed for different APIs to function on that driver. That and the GFE crap.

XantaX likes this.