Radeon-ID Community Driver: Hybrid - Release Nebula 23.11.1 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mylipho15, Feb 5, 2021.

1. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    no

you need to delete ccc2_install (not 22_10), and its folder. You can try to rename ccc2_install_22_10 to ccc2_install.

I guess the bug is it can't detect ccc2_install_22_10 file names. Because using ccc2_install file name, it works fine

Pickymarker likes this.
  2. Pickymarker

Pickymarker Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700xt 8GB
    so i will reinstall the driver fresh and do what you said before installing it

3. Pickymarker

Pickymarker Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700xt 8GB
    It's fixed now thank for the help

zingzs likes this.
  4. JackMiaw

JackMiaw Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380 4gb
    The experimental one doesnt work. Im getting comu errors

5. JackMiaw

JackMiaw Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380 4gb
    Dunno why but i couldnt extract the file if it was located on main aka windows drive.

6. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Use CLI / Advanced installer if the GUI fails.

7. JackMiaw

JackMiaw Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380 4gb
    Nvm avast was blocking the the comu files without telling me..... I got it installed

8. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    So, it was false positive. Didn't why ConEmu got detected by the av.

9. unclewebb

unclewebb Guest

GPU:
    VAPOR-X HD5770 1GB
    The GPU column in Limit Reasons refers to the Intel GPU. ThrottleStop has a hidden option to set the iGPU power limit. You have to manually add this line to the ThrottleStop.INI configuration file.

IGPU=100

The first character is the letter I which stands for Intel. This sets the Intel GPU power limit to 100W and locks it to that value so nothing can change it. If you need to change this power limit, you will need to fully reboot your computer so the CPU and Intel GPU both get reset.

Some of the ThrottleStop settings posted do not make any sense.

upload_2022-5-16_18-46-39.png

Check the MMIO Lock box to disable and lock this power limit. Intel CPUs do not need multiple sets of turbo power limits.

The MSR turbo power limits are locked by the BIOS. Most 4th Gen CPUs are locked like this. PL1 is locked to 47, PL2 is locked to 58 and the turbo time limit is locked to 28 seconds. These are the default values for this CPU. Entering 95, 95 and more than 3.67 million seconds in the Power Limit Controls section accomplishes nothing. The power limit register is locked and cannot be changed. You might as well set these values back to 47, 58 and 28 seconds; clear the Sync MMIO box since you do not need that if you check Lock for MMIO. After you do that, check the Disable Controls option. There is no point in having ThrottleStop constantly check on the power limit register if it is already locked by the BIOS. Disable Controls tells ThrottleStop to ignore the locked MSR power limit register.

The PP0 Current Limit also shows that it is locked to a value of 85. There is no point in requesting a value of 95. ThrottleStop cannot change a locked register. Set this back to 85 and leave it alone.

The max PP0 Power Limit is 58, which is the same as the locked MSR PL2 value. You can set the PP0 Turbo Time Limit to 28 seconds. A request of 3.67 million seconds is ignored by the CPU.

In the FIVR window try setting the Non Turbo Ratio to a value of 1. That trick can help with some throttling problems.

If you need help with ThrottleStop, post your questions on the main TechPowerUp forum for ThrottleStop. The link to this forum is in the ThrottleStop download folder. Also turn on the ThrottleStop Log File option so you have a record of your CPU performance. It is a lot easier to troubleshoot if I have that data from a gaming session.

10. Lojalfan

Lojalfan Guest

GPU:
    Vega 11
    Can someone explain the first 5 options to me?

upload_2022-5-17_3-9-34.png

What does GPUV stand for and what's up with kernel versions?

What does the DX9/10/11 optimization change from the official driver?

11. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    this settings only works for precision m2800 and doesn't apply to dell e6540 even the schematic are similar, because I've tried that. No matter how settings are applied to that laptop, it won't use turbo clock when using dGPU, but fine with intel hd ones.
    GPUV shorterm for AMDGPUV kernel, the option 5 is specific navi directx 9/10/11 optimization for Polaris, Vega, and Ryzen Vega Based GPU

12. TheWickerMan972

TheWickerMan972 New Member

GPU:
    RX 590
    Any fix to this? I'm using Polaris, RX 590. Nimez 22.5.1 with Navi optimization

Attached Files:

13. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    try using "AMD Developers Preview Driver 2022 May" (included in NimeZ setup)

14. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    Next time, put whitelist on Avast for that files

15. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Try the 22.10 ones. If still happens, use regular version without navi optimization

16. someonelikeyou

someonelikeyou Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 5500 XT
    So the dx11 performance boost from the latest drivers isn't working for GCN card right?

17. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    yep, it's only worked for Polaris, Vega and Navi based GPUs.

But still, you can use experimental kernel on Legacy GCN

18. eria

eria Member

GPU:
    RX 590 8GB
    thank you very much

Something is wrong, I ddu and install the drivers again but I have 10 fps less on the modded drivers than on the official preview drivers. On Polaris.
    I tried this now several times and the result is the same.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  19. JBIRO

JBIRO Member

GPU:
    amd 8730m
  20. littlegrl

littlegrl Guest

GPU:
    AAA
    hello,

there is a problem with 22.5.1 and memory clock. gcn 1.1 (or maybe others too) always running at max. memory clock.

kind regards