I recommend Soma.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vestibule, May 9, 2022.

1. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Soma is a video game by fractional games. I have had this game some time but it got put on the back burner because of more glamorous AAA games. Anyway, I finally got around to playing it.

So, in the game you are Simon. The game kicks off when you go for a brain scan and you come around in an apocalyptic world.

This game is Hammer house of horror meets twisted sci-fi with a very thought provoking theme.

Some very unfortunate and again thought provoking things happen to Simon.

But in true Hollywood style will Simon get the girl..

This is an underwater adventure and there are no weapons and so getting away from enemies involves running, crawling and using your wits, like climbing onto things. But, throwing books etcetera at them does not help, but it does help you feel a little better. This game does not make you feel good. It’s a genuine survival horror.

In places the game play is deliberately wooden and that’s because it’s a game, right.

There are plenty of puzzles in this game and a lot to explore. Be careful on the decisions you make. This will not affect the game, but your experience with the game after you played it.

This is a dark looking game and so best played in a dark room

So as not to spoil the game, that’s pretty much it. I rate the game highly. Its something different.

2. pusscifer

pusscifer Member

GPU:
    2x1080ti
    The story and it's delivery is second to none. Masterpiece!

vestibule likes this.
  3. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Soma was great, no doubt about it! It's a shame that Amnesia:Requiem was nowhere near as good (mediocre at best).

vestibule likes this.
  4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Requiem? You mean Rebirth?

But yeah Soma was quite good even if not really scary. AAnd I just remembered it's a game I never finished so thanks for the reminder.

vestibule likes this.

5. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Yeah, you're correct. Requiem was one of their Penumbra games, no? But yes, Soma might not have been all that scary, but, unlike Rebirth, was actually good.