Phones and Wi-Fi, according to scientists, can induce Alzheimer disease

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 4, 2022.

1. Andy Watson

Andy Watson Master Guru

GPU:
    Link please for this, the author seems to be not associated with it.

He seems to be retired and hitting the NIH

That's just drivel .. going on about lower fertility.

Maybe a Calcium block !

It's madness.

2. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    The main story, the one linked to here had a reference story.
    You then link to same said site that had an anecdotal story and equate an anecdotal story to a researched story; being like 'I got them'.

You then go on with.

So you try and disparage a professor of Biochemistry because of his age, then use your grandmother as a point of mocking.
    Your accomplishments being?

And you would be right linking other research that says something different, but dismissing this as to not be looked at or not wanting others to asks questions is well strange.

3. Andy Watson

Andy Watson Master Guru

GPU:
    Note, getting a wifi 6 router will shorten your life by 13 minutes rather than wifi 5.

As long as you hide behind a wall.

But that causes attenuation of the signal and drop out !

Decisions decisions.

I look forward to Hilberts next wifi router review. I hope he can take this into account, maybe even do a graph of it ????

Silva likes this.
  4. Andy Watson

Andy Watson Master Guru

GPU:
    People can judge my replies against your own.

I've put some science across. Yours seems to be just defending the original argument because you are part of it.

Note I don't want to get into an argument with HH and crew because I enjoy this site and don't want to be banned.

BUT THIS IS A BATSHIT NON SCIENTIFIC STUPID STORY THAT HAS NO PLACE HERE.

Just saying.

Andy

BSc in Astronomy and Geology and MSc in Computer Studies.

5. gUNN1993

gUNN1993 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 Windforce 3

Why? Because it's interesting and possibly relevant, that's good enough reason in my books.

The EMF builds up calcium, calcium makes dementia is not really stated in the paper (I didn't read the source article because I don't really expect some tech article to understand how to read a scientific review)

The actual connection is EMF induces calcium dysregulation via voltage induction across voltage dependent calcium channels (There's a few referenced articles there but I'm not sure i have the knowledge of the techniques to critique them, but them seem relatively solid in their given environment), calcium dysregulation has been shown to be involved in AD pathways.

The authors point is specific types of EMF, specifically pulses are what affect VDCC with a dose dependent effect, which is appears to be displayed in rats under controlled conditions, whether or not that translates to humans remains to be seen. (and more rigorous testing can always show the original result was)

But yes, the main take away is that we've flooded our lives with EMF for the last 20 years and we don't see an increase in AD that would correlate, so even if he is right, it's probably a contributor at most.

Quite frankly the amount of money that goes into AD research is insane and has had very little payoff in terms of prevention or cure, research into other areas may lead to new therapies or vaccines

The goal of any scientific experiment is to disprove your hypothesis, people need to go and get disproving

6. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Purfect. I'm doomed. :p:D

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    intresting it true, then again even if it is none of this will go away, humanity is to addicted to this stuff now. they would just bury it or look for new way to transmit it.

Once upon time people took "global warming" as quack science, since then it been proven by multiple scientist, and people still think is fake, if people want think something is fake they gona think it fake no mater what proof is thrown at them.

The depths of denial have no limit

Venix, Airbud and schmidtbag like this.
  8. dragonlord

dragonlord Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Beta Tester
    Nonsense, pseudo-science junk. Shame on you for posting this and giving it even the light of day.

We are BATHED in EMF of all kinds of frequencies and powers every day of our lives from natural and cosmic sources.

Even if there ever was any kind of possible problem, not only would we have known about this DECADES ago, but it would have been MORE prevalent then because the phones were cruder, used higher energy, etc. than the very low amounts of EMF generated by phones, etc. today.

Every ten years or so, some kook peddles this nonsense and some purely clickbait source picks it up and runs with it, generating more clickbait from 24/7 "ads not news" channels...and more panic amongst the ignorant and gullible.

And, in response the post above, the only people who ever called Global Warming "quack science" were the handful of crooks bought and paid for by big oil. The consensus for global climate change has been established by 99.99% of the scientific community across all fields for over forty years now...and we still have liars and crooks peddling enough disinformation about it that we've missed the chance to passively stop the issue and now must take active measures to save the planet and our species.

Whereas, every single one of these "EMF causes X" claims have failed to be replicated for over fifty years now. The lack of EVIDENCE is why we in the scientific community don't believe these claims, not denial.

Reality doesn't care what you are irrationally afraid of or what you want to be true so you feel better.

Keitosha, Venix and schmidtbag like this.
  9. barbacot

barbacot Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    ...so, it's bye bye wi-fi...like red meat, cigarettes, coffee, alcohol....every little joy of life is dangerous...

Keitosha, Venix, Silva and 1 other person like this.
  10. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    This is the kind of stuff I tell people who honestly think WiFi or 5G is going to cause cancer, despite the fact neither are ionizing, both emit a miniscule amount of power (100mW for WiFi) compared to what you get when you stand outside, and the power emitted gets exponentially weaker as you get farther away.

Let's not forget that waves around 2.4GHz to 5GHz are often absorbed by water, and that the higher frequency waves like you find in 5G are probably going to be reflected by the skull.

Whenever people get cancer, Alzheimers, or whatever other life-changing ailment comes their way, they want something to point fingers at when the cause is otherwise ambiguous. The inverse is also true, where people will justify a bad behavior like smoking or excessive drinking "because <family member> did this until 90 years old and was fine!"

Confirmation biases are dangerous and a nuisance.

Keitosha, Venix and dragonlord like this.

11. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    Hey y'all good folks, I gotta big question?

if I turned off my Wi-Fi and just used an ethernet cord can I still drink my cold beer and be good to go?

Edit: after 30 minutes of no Wi-Fi and two beers I feel better already!

Last edited: May 4, 2022
    Venix, Silva and rflair like this.
  12. rflair

GPU:
    5700XT
    No, your fridge contributes to global warming and also emits an EMF.
    You can have your beer, just not cold.

Venix and Airbud like this.
  13. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    Dude, you just made me cry! no more cold beer? ...? :(

:p

Love y'all

Last edited: May 4, 2022
    Silva likes this.
  14. rflair

GPU:
    5700XT
    You're a moral and virtuous human, you'll do what's right.
    Have an ice cold beer.

Airbud likes this.
  15. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    Tough choices my friend, I shall ponder my options...

:D

16. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Who knew the Amish had it right all along.

Silva likes this.
  17. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    Ven0m likes this.
  18. dragonlord

dragonlord Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Beta Tester
    Venix likes this.
  19. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    What ??? So save the planet or cold beer ? Sorry beer wins :p

rflair likes this.
  20. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    Are people so gullible that they believe these so-called leading scientists, that are paid handsomely for shilling products? There is a lot of money in Cellphones and WIFI tech. If a scientist brought new evidence explaining that microwaves are even deadlier than we are told, there would be a huge campaign to discredit him. Oh, wait.

The last two years have shown that scientists are full of it.