NVIDIA GeForce 512.59 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Apr 26, 2022.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Anyone Else?

2. robbo247

robbo247 Guest

GPU:
    5700XT Anniversary
    Anybody else having an issue with fullscreen youtube video freezing, never had the issue before till this morning on my 2080

3. SmokingPistol

SmokingPistol Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Nope. But, I have been getting sporadic 1-4 Display port errors from the G2 VR via 3090ti.

Weirdly, both my FE 3090s do not have this behavior, though, I've even changed GPU vendors (testing purposes) but the same error, so, that rules out OEM/AIB issues.

I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer before selling off these 3090s. *sighs*

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  4. MaXeLL

MaXeLL New Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX3080 O10G
    Hello all,

the flickering issue on Windows 11 build 652 safe boot mode is due to explorer.exe hanging. At first I didn't relate the issue with the last preview update, anyway I recognised immediately the problem and a workaround to it!

I just did this:

1) extracted DDU on a desktop folder.
    2) rebooted in Windows 11 safe mode without network, the flickering issue started.
    4) opened Task Manager with Ctrl+Shift+Esc keyboard combo and killed the explorer.exe process. The flickering issue stopped.
    5) still in task manager, i ran the DDU exe using the "File/Run new task" function by navigating to its desktop folder previously created.
    6) done the cleaning process, i rebooted the system with Ctrl+Alt+Del function.
    7) Profit ;)

No need to reinstall/restore the OS or uninstall the update!

OldMX likes this.

5. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Nope Running Brave Browser here & Hard Accel ON images pages all fine.

6. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    Me too, I think, if the slider button is white, it's on, isn't it!? Even it it's off I've not noticed anything untoward.

7. s3ruX

s3ruX Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060TI
    DDU+Clean install

This driver is just horrible lots of frametime spikes, shuttering and gpu usage going nuts for no reason.

8. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    I'm getting a lot of nvlddmkm crashes with these drivers.

Xtreme512 and KillerC like this.
  9. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Same here, first time in a long time.

I'm going to try to roll back to 512.15 to see if they stop.

10. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    3080 12gb here, good frametimes, no crashes, smooth gameplay in everything I have tried at both 1080p and 4k. Games include - Watchdogs, WDogs2 and WDogs Legion, Guardians Of The Galaxy, Avengers, The Outer Worlds, RDR 2, GTA V, Horizon Zero Dawn, Far Cry 5 and 6, Detroit Become Human, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Control, Death Stranding and Cyberpunk.

If any issues do arise over the course of the month I'll report back but seems pretty smooth and stable on my setup, WIN 11

XantaX likes this.

11. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    These drivers are working well for me, No issues that I have noticed on my end.
    Win 11/3080 10GB

XantaX likes this.
  12. peteli

peteli Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070

I don't know what you mean with flickering, but I had some sort of subtle flickering happen on Windows 10, normal desktop not safe boot. I couldn't stay/work in front of the monitor for more than an hour without my eyes starting to feel sore, when I have no problem staying in front of the monitor all day long. My monitor is a LG 27UL650. I reverted to the 512.15 today, and I worked at my machine all afternoon without my eyes feeling bad or anything as usual.

13. MaXeLL

MaXeLL New Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX3080 O10G

That's not the same issue others reported in previous posts!

14. ibizadr

ibizadr Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 (6gb)
    I'm on 512.15 and got nvlddmkm and I think I got it before.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    this appears to be a client regression caused by new bugs in the 4.0 update and is server interactive.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
    Flakstar and Cave Waverider like this.

16. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    So for the first time ever, I had a system freeze on the Windows lock screen, of all things. Computer was idle overnight (locked, not sleep), sat down to start day and hit a key, the monitor came on as usual, but then the system immediately froze. Only things new were 512.59, and ms preview updates, from Tuesday. nvidia gets blamed first, so back to 512.15 for now.

17. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    It would have been much easier to run in safe mode+network. That does not manifest the bug. :D

18. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    I had a green screen and scratching sound while playing youtube movies, i thought it was a driver issue, with the previous driver and this driver, but after updating now to the latest version of MS edge
    the bug is gone finally so it was an Edge issue , i'm happy the issue is solved it was very annoying it, looks like a gsync issue.

Monitor Gigabyte 1920 *1080 165hz

Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
  19. robbo247

robbo247 Guest

GPU:
    5700XT Anniversary
    I cant even get my oculus too detect anymore on my 2080,it works perfectly on another system with an r9 290 in and it isn't the port as works fine on monitor, i searched and all i found was something about the wdm 7 update

20. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Driver is smooth on windows 10. Came from 497.29 since that was smooth and decent in speed. Every driver in between made it look like vsync wasn't functioning properly. Highly noticable with rdr2 and its many trees.
    So i'll stick with this driver for now since it's very smooth when looking around in forests etc.

KrueLLa likes this.