Windows 11 Release Build

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by disq, Oct 4, 2021.

1. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    Mind to elaborate why you think I should stay with W10?
    I really do not have any preference, so I would go with what runs best. If both are same stability and performance, I would go for best usability / compatibility.

Do specific Ryzen issues exist? I read Ryzen had bad performance / stability at launch of W11. Did they fix that?

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    KB5011563.

Highlights

• New! Displays up to three high-priority toast notifications simultaneously. This feature is for apps that send notifications for calls, reminders, or alarms using Windows notifications in the OS. As a result, up to four toast notifications might appear simultaneously–three-high priority notifications and one normal priority notification.

• Updates an issue that might cause a Microsoft OneDrive file to lose focus after you rename it and press the Enter key. When a file loses focus, you have to select it again before you can use it.

• Returns the corresponding Settings page when you search for the word widgets.
    Improvements
    This non-security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:

• New! Displays up to three high-priority toast notifications simultaneously. This feature is for apps that send notifications for calls, reminders, or alarms using Windows notifications in the OS. As a result, up to four toast notifications might appear simultaneously–three high-priority notifications and one normal priority notification.

• Addresses an issue that turns off auto-startup for Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps after you upgrade the OS.

• Addresses an issue that causes SystemSettings.exe to stop working.

• Addresses an issue that affects searchindexer.exe and prevents Microsoft Outlook’s offline search from returning recent emails.

• Addresses an issue that increases the startup time for Windows. This issue occurs because a UI thread in a networking API stops responding when a 5G wireless wide area network (WWAN) device is slow to wake up.

• Addresses a memory leak in the wmipicmp.dll module that causes a lot of false alarms in the System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) datacenter monitoring system.

• Addresses an issue that incorrectly returns the Execution Policy settings from the registry.

• Addresses an issue in which modern browsers fail to correctly render HTML that is generated by gpresult/h.

• Addresses an issue that causes an “Access denied” exception for a file during a PowerShell test for AppLocker.

• Addresses an issue that causes the Remote Desktop Service (RDS)server to become unstable when the number of signed in users exceeds 100. This prevents you from accessing published applications using RDS on Windows Server 2019.

• Addresses an issue that returns an error message when you browse for a domain or organizational unit (OU). This issue occurs because of improper zeroing out of memory.

• Addresses an issue that causes the Group Policy Management Console to stop working after you close it. The system logs Application Error Event ID 1000 and the error, 0xc0000005 (STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION); the failing module is GPOAdmin.dll.

• Addresses an issue that might cause the Group Policy Service to stop processing telemetry information for Group Policy Registry Preferences.

• Addresses a stop error (0xD1, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) in the DirectX kernel component.

• Addresses an issue that might cause Kerberos.dll to stop working within the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS). This occurs when LSASS processes simultaneous Service for User (S4U) user-to-user (U2U) requests for the same client user.

• Addresses an issue that affects the Key Distribution Center (KDC) Proxy. The KDC Proxy cannot properly obtain Kerberos tickets for signing in to Key Trust Windows Hello for Business.

• Adds support for Microsoft Account (MSA) Pass-through scenarios in Azure Active Directory(AAD) Web Account Manager (WAM).

• Addresses an issue that logs Event ID 37 during certain password change scenarios, including failover cluster name object (CNO) or virtual computer object (VCO) password changes.

• Addresses an issue that prevents the User Account Control (UAC) dialog from correctly showing the application that is requesting elevated privileges.

• Addresses an issue that might cause a Microsoft OneDrive file to lose focus after you rename it and press the Enter key.

• Returns the corresponding Settings page when you search for the word widgets.

• Addresses an issue that prevents Event 4739 from displaying the new values of certain attributes after a policy change.

• Addresses an issue that causes the Move-ADObject command to fail when you move computer accounts across domains. The error message is, “Multiple values were specified for an attribute that can have only one value”.

• Addresses an issue that prevents you from accessing Server Message Block (SMB) shares using an IP Address when SMB hardening is enabled.

• Addresses an issue that causes stop error 0x1E in the SMB Server (srv2.sys).

• Addresses an issue that causes a mismatch between NetBIOS and DNS Active Directory domain names when you create a cluster.

3. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I've been having a bug with windows 11 where scanners or printers won't get recognized when you plug them in. The only way to solve this is to delete the device and then plug it in. Windows automatically detects it and you're all set. Needs to be done every time I unplug and plug it back in. Happens with both my scanner and my scanner printer combo. Slightly annoying. Both connect via USB. Has anyone else come across this?

4. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    Yep, don't use the new "Settings" menu to set up the scanner/printer - use the old control panel (devices and printers) to set default device and it should stick.

tensai28 likes this.

5. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Control pannel did the same thing for me. I managed to get one of my scanners to work so I'll use this one from now on. I installed the updated drivers instead of using the default windows 11 ones. The other printer/scanner combo still has this issue. Appreciate the help once again.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    chinobino likes this.
  6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
  7. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Still have to press the power button twice just to shut down.

8. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Then you have a process/driver not closing. Find out which and update it, or kill it.

9. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    What do you mean?

10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080

11. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    KB5012643

Highlights

• Updates an issue that might cause video subtitles to be partially cut off.

• Updates an issue that incorrectly aligns video subtitles.

• Displays the temperature on top of the weather icon on the taskbar if your taskbar is aligned on the left.

• Updates an issue that prevents you from using the minimize, maximize, and close buttons on a maximized app window.
    Improvements
    This non-security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:

• New! Adds improvements for servicing the Secure Boot component of Windows.

• Addresses an issue that causes the AppX Deployment Service (AppXSvc) to stop working after you install certain MSIX apps.

• Addresses a race condition that occurs early in the startup process that might cause a stop error.

• Improves the Autopilot client to process updated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) capabilities that support self-deployment and pre-provisioning scenarios.

• Changes the timeout for Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) registration from 60 minutes to 90 minutes for hybrid Azure AD-joined Autopilot scenarios. This also addresses a race condition that causes an exception at timeout.

• Addresses an issue in which certain Point of Sale terminals experience occasional OS startup delays during restart of up to 40 minutes.

• Addresses a memory leak issue that affects Windows systems that are in use 24 hours each day of the week.

• Addresses an issue that affects the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) option 119 (Domain Search Option) by preventing the use of the connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List.

• Addresses an issue that affects the Title attribute in Microsoft Ege IE mode.

• Addresses an issue in which mobile device management (MDM) policies were not allowed on Windows Enterprise editions that were upgraded to Enterprise using Azure AD-joined subscription entitlement.

• Addresses an issue that might cause video subtitles to be partially cut off.

• Addresses an issue that incorrectly aligns video subtitles.

• Addresses an issue that causes Kerberos authentication to fail, and the error is “0xc0030009 (RPC_NT_NULL_REF_POINTER)”. This occurs when a client machine attempts to use the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) to connect to another machine while Remote Credential Guard is enabled.

• Addresses an issue that causes Windows to go into BitLocker recovery after a servicing update.

• Addresses an issue that prevents retrieval of the Endorsement Key (EK) certificate from the TPM device.

• Addresses an issue that might fail to copy the security portion of a Group Policy to a machine.

• Addresses an issue that prevents the instantiation of the Microsoft RDP Client Control, version 11 and higher, inside a Microsoft Foundation Class (MFC) dialog.

• Displays the temperature on top of the weather icon on the taskbar if your taskbar is aligned on the left.

• Addresses an issue that prevents you from using the minimize, maximize, and close buttons on a maximized app window. This issue occurs because the Notification Center keeps the input focus.

• Addresses an issue that might occur when you use Netdom.exe or the Active Directory Domains and Trusts snap-in to list or modify name suffixes routing. These procedures might fail. The error message is, "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service." This issue occurs after installing the January 2022 security update on the primary domain controller emulator (PDCe).

• Addresses an issue that causes the primary domain controller (PDC) of the root domain to generate warning and error events in the System log. This issue occurs when the PDC incorrectly tries to scan outgoing-only trusts.

• Addresses an issue that occurs when you map a network drive to a Server Message Block version 1 (SMBv1) share. After restarting the OS, you cannot access that network drive.

• Addresses an issue that affects an SMB multichannel connection and might generate a 13A or C2 error.

• Addresses an issue that damages a pool when a Client-Side Caching (CSC) cleanup method fails to delete a resource that was created.

• Addresses an issue that might cause the server to lock up because the nonpaged pool grows and uses up all memory. After a restart, the same issue occurs again when you try to repair the damage.

• Reduces the overhead of resource contention in high input/output operations per second (IOPS) scenarios that have many threads contending on a single file.

Last edited: May 4, 2022
  12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
  13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Can i do a clean install with the Media Creation Tool using my current Windows 10 Pro key?

If so i want to give Win 11 a go the coming weeks.

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    You will have to install Win11 first in order to add the key.

15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    So first an upgrade to 11 on my current install, then a clean install works?

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Yeah. Either USB or via Creation tool. Choice is yours. Windows 11 home will be installed by default, unless I missed something. So basically two clean installs.

17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Win 10 Pro doesn't convert to Win 11 Pro?

18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Last edited: May 20, 2022
  19. =GGC=Phantomblu

=GGC=Phantomblu Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900XT

I bring you my experience to date: - I use a digital key linked to my windows 10 account to activate all my installations of windows 11 home, Pro, Pro workstation beyond the fact that it is beta, Official or Dev ...
    This digital key made me always navigate between these versions, always updating in the passage to them. It is also a valid Windows 10 key, paid regularly, however I can tell you that Microsoft can change the contract terms signed at the time, at any time ...
    However, it is considered a "something rare" ..

A digital key being connected to my account, I do not need to enter it manually, because it is automatically recognized when you connect to the Microsoft account, simply with the email and pass

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Yep.