On-Screen Display Zoom as percentaje ?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Mopheus, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Mopheus

Mopheus Guest

GPU:
    Intel / 8400 / 4 Gb
    Hi everyone, I'd like some help if possible. I usually play games in 2 resolutions (1080p and 4k) as my PC can only handle 4K in old games.

My problem is, that if I set the OnScreen Display Zoom to a value that looks big enough to read and doesn't bother while gaming in 1080p, when I go 4K it's practically unreadble.

So, my question/help req/feature req is: is there any chance to get zoom in % of the screen instead of direct values ? This way it will only be 2% of screen size for example, no matter the resolution. Or maybe some trick I don't know to fix that problem ?

Thanks.

2. urguD3

urguD3 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 555M
    You can set hotkeys to increase/decrease the size of the OSD.

Open RTSS, go to setup, click on the Plugins tab, and double click HotkeyHandler.dll

At the very bottom, under Profiles, is where you can assign these hotkeys. First assign the keys you want to act as the hotkey. You can assign multiple keys. Then click on the button with three dots. A new window will pop up. Set the description as "Zoom OSD in". Set the Target Profile property as "ZoomRatio", modifier type as "add", and modifier value as 1.

This will zoom the OSD in. To zoom the OSD out, repeat the process as before in a new profiles row, except change the modifier value to -1.

3. Mopheus

Mopheus Guest

GPU:
    Intel / 8400 / 4 Gb
    Hi @urguD3, it's a good alternative ! thanks for the tip. Anyway, still think a % would be much cooler option, right ?

4. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    Unfortunately this has pre-determined steps which is the same as using the slider. When using custom overlays it would be nice to have granular control and a % like the OP suggested to better control the size.

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

No, it is a no go and it was commented a few times.