What's with the riots in Sweden?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by anticupidon, Apr 17, 2022.

1. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Thought of asking here, maybe hear from a Swede what's the deal there.
    As I don't own a TV and try to stay away from mainstream channels, can someone chime in?
    I usually don't formulate an opinion until I hear both sides of the story.

2. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    The riots are linked to protests designed by Danish far-right politician Rasmus Paludan to burn Korans. Burning of the Koran is planned to take place in several Swedish cities.

3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    No, there has been massive issues with the very large group of muslim immigrants in malmø for a very long time, giving the police alot of issues.

Paludan is just putting the spotlight on the situation...

4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    So, that Rasmus Paludan wants to express his right to opinion by burning Qurans and check IF the Muslims will live by what they preach, an peaceful religion?
    Am I getting this right?

Sounds extreme, but nonetheless, will prove some points and will start a conflict. Or several.

Maybe I am biased, or misinformed. But I never ever heard Christian zealots rioting for having their Bible burned in countries with Sharia law or not getting approved from local townhall to build a church in Islamic territories.

Double standards? Maybe I am getting ahead of myself here. And don't want to create or fueling some explosive debate( pardon the pun)

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Something like that. But the clashes between the police and muslims has been going for a very long time. Paludan didn't even appear today, yet they still assaulted the police. They are just looking for an excuse to commit violence.

6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I guess Christian zealots took place before the Internet (and mass media overall) were a thing.

FatBoyNL and fantaskarsef like this.
  7. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Used to live in Malmo for a while, they'd come up to you with cards someone wrote out for them, begging for money.
    We used to hop on the boat to Copenhagen and visit Christiania, good times.
    Good pizza in Malmo.:)

8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Swedens "let everyone in" immigration policy is bitting them in the arse big time.

Sadly immigrants often just abuse it to gain access to the rest of EU... cause once they got citizinship in sweden (which they hand out more or less like candy), EU law dictates that they are free to import the rest of their family and move freely to all other EU countries...

DannyD likes this.
  9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    That was way longer time ago indeed

10. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I'm more afraid of the ignorant populace than a few rock throwing migrants, because most people in my country seem to think free speech should be regulated.

2022-04-21 update:

- According to the chief prosecutor Eva Nemec Nordh, whole families, women and children (evidenced by videos attained by law enforcement) took part in attacking first responders and civilians.
    - At least 104 police officers were hurt (brain damage, clamping injuries and fractures) and many feared for their lives, when they were told by police management to stand down.
    - More than 2k pieces of information has been submitted by the public to law enforcement (half of which amateur videos), but also body cam and drone footage.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I'm not the least bit suprised tbh... fortunately denmark has a waaaaay different view upon things than sweden.

12. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    is it me thinking strange or is burning religious books in 2022 really retarded ?

FatBoyNL, fantaskarsef and The1 like this.
  13. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    It's just a way to show that he is against what islam stands for. Burning a book really shouldn't matter to anyone, but again shows the exact issues...

14. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    thoroughly retarded
    proves nothing
    doesn't help

I think there have to be better solutions than christians burning the quran in modern Europe as a protest.
    is this what he's getting paid for ?
    I'm tired of those christian nationalists,what a facking waste of our money to put them in the government.have they ever actually solved anything or they getting paid for flailing the bible around.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
    Grimbarian likes this.
  15. The1

The1 Member Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080
    I have to say that burning books is NEVER the correct course of action!
    When books were burned in Germany | Germany | News and in-depth reporting from Berlin and beyond | DW | 10.05.2018
    A good read but be careful when travelling down this particular "rabbit hole", perspectives are many and varied but your morality on this occasion is what counts.
    I will paraphrase a quote, "For evil to take hold all it takes is one person to think they can't make a difference".

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Who said he is christian? You are making an (incorrect) assumption. And he isn't in the government - yet another (incorrect) assumption. Perhaps you should read a bit up on things first.

And yes, it proves quite a bit... though one would just have to look at the middle east to get proof of these tendencies.

17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    The removal of knowledge is dangerous, yes. What he is doing isn't removing any knowledge - quite the contrary.

18. The1

The1 Member Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080
    I think it has more to do with the message provided, that the "symbolic" burning of books speaks to societies ability to "burn" down a culture and way of thinking.
    In the digital age can we ever, truly remove knowledge?
    Again, it speaks to the act itself, the condemnation of a belief.
    Thank you for your reply though..:)

Grimbarian likes this.
  19. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    yeah an agnostic wouldn't do that.
    unless he was a stupid one

yeah,guessed as much just looking at him.

leader of a far right party not a christian ? who are we kidding.

Grimbarian and FatBoyNL like this.
  20. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    it's theater,not politics.it's got nothing to do with sensible legislation.

Grimbarian likes this.