Download: AMD Ryzen Chipset Driver v4.03.03.431

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    AMD driver packages have been updated with the new Ryzen chipset driver for the platforms or CPU sockets AM4, sTRX4, and sWRX8. In addition to the revised PSP driver and an enhanced energy-saving stra...

Download: AMD Ryzen Chipset Driver v4.03.03.431

vestibule and NightWind like this.
  2. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    Did they forget to update versions numbers or did nothing actually change except the installer?

3. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Airbud likes this.
  4. MachinaEx

MachinaEx Member

GPU:
    GeForce 1660 Super
    Why does guru3D never publish a link to the newest Intel chipset drivers? I barely remember that they ever done that, while for AMD it's always? Sorry for the off - topic question...

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Intel's chipset drivers are a mess to track/find on the Intel website ... I think the last one they updated on the website was June 2021.

theoneofgod likes this.
  6. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Also on AMD's new web you have the link for xilinx download for those that need it.

7. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Totaly agree, and the tool to download them (well... it's a tool to link to a page in fact) doesn't display necesary what you need...
    The good point is in the middle of the page "your system is not compatible with Arc" that mean that Arc GPU are close now :)

8. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Station-drivers.com
    If you want drivers :)

9. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    guru3d.com if you want drivers :D

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    and install them seperately through the DM, pointing it at the folder where the drivers are.

No **** on having install errors, so they don't go on, and then not being able to get the previous ones back on, or any others, like some are having.

11. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    So do they offer some of the same improvements they have made for the Zen3+ platform now on desktop? I'll gladly welcome these.

12. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    In recent years - since Win10 I guess - the whole driver update thing for hardware has seemed such a mess of Windows update doing some things and then you get these and you sometimes have some sort of mess happen where they won't install...
    I'll try at home on my freshly installed Windows 11 and see what happens :D Did not install any previous drivers for the chipset that didn't come with Windows.

13. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    God this software sucks.

BoomSlang001 likes this.
  14. Tymplar

Tymplar Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3090
    Preach, brotha.

And that's putting it *very* nicely. Updated to this version, 6 crashes / reboots since. Uninstalled and went back to previous version from Gigabyte directly - works perfectly.

BoomSlang001 likes this.
  15. mojoba

mojoba Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    These chipset drivers work fine now after initial hard lockups and reboots. I took the advice of another poster (sorry can't find the post). But I just uninstalled the old AMD Chipset Drivers from Add or remove programs in Windows Settings. Then I right clicked on AMD installer exe: amd_chipset_software_4.03.03.431 and selected Run as administrator. The drivers installed successfully and I restarted my PC and all is good. I should have thought to uninstall the old drivers first, to avoid conflicts.

And is my PC noticeably any faster? I don't think so. But I do take regular full drive backups of my system drive, so rolling back never takes too long :). Although in this case uninstalling the bad installation and then re-installing in Administration Mode, would have sufficed.

16. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    Works perfect on mine and always has, low budget board has done me well for the lockdown years until my new one end of the month :)

insp1re2600 likes this.
  17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Intel actually has a better way of getting their chipset drivers..... Between Windows Update and "Intel Driver and Support Assistant" (which will never recommend chipset driver updates in my experience...). You can also check your motherboard manufacturer's website for chipset driver updates (which is what Intel actually recommends anyway).

MachinaEx likes this.
  18. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Still not on official amd site.

akbaar likes this.
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    ignoring the MEI driver, intel doesn't actually have chipset drivers, the inf only package just renames the entry in device manager whilst still using the Microsoft supplied drivers (not surprising since the MSFT drivers are Intel spec)