GTA VI would take place in US and Europe and might take up to 500 hours to complete.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 9, 2022.

1. Moonbogg

Moonbogg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti@2.1GHz
    A few years ago I played a little GTAV and stopped. Most of the time I feel that moving a digital character around on a screen is the most pointless waste of time on earth. I can't be bothered to care anymore. But, I still game almost every day! My preferences are very narrow now. I like rocket league and Pavlov in VR. That's all I play. If it wasn't for VR, I'd probably just play rocket league and nothing else. After using my actual arms to aim at targets, I don't think I could ever care about aiming with a mouse, lol. I mean how ancient and pointless is that? Move a mouse with one hand and the crosshair just goes exactly where you move it, you click, hit them and YAY! So skilled! I've been using my protube more lately and sniping with that thing is where it's at.
    I've been emotionally divorced from the Battlefield games since BF1, which was the last one I played, and BF used to be the reason I'd upgrade my PC. BF is done now. It's just an IP waiting for a developer to do something with it. They should move it to VR. I probably wouldn't care to buy GTA VI anyway, but I might get it for my kids if they still care to game in 10 years. They will be in college by then and too busy to care themselves.

mohiuddin likes this.
  2. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Our kids will live underground and will not be able to see other people unless they wear a complete protective suit. 500 hours will be a short game for them.

3. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    They should make a Guy Ritchie themed GTA.

Valken likes this.
  4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    He really is a big dummy, who supports lootbox gambling mechanics, and, exploitation of third world countries - I can link you the videos if you want.

5. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I know about him. No need to link his videos.

Gamers who know him, whenever he makes a prediction, already say it's going to be the exact opposite. Simply because he always misses his predictions.
    He does talk with certainty and authority, so people who don't know about him tend to trust what he says.
    But after a while most people realize that he just talks non-sense.

He is like the Red Gamming Tech and Moore's Law is Dead, but for gaming industry analysis.

Airbud and Loobyluggs like this.
  6. Martin2603PL

Martin2603PL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    This guy is disconnected from reality.
    In the past, he's managed to guess things on a 2 + 2 basis and now pretends to be a great expert.
    He didn't even saw this game, or even played LOL.

As of 2014, Rockstar had hands FULL WORK
    GTA5 was still being made for PS4 / XB1 and for PC, the same goes with GTA Online.

On the way they had smaller and larger projects, ports and they were helping 3rd studios, and also all the time working on updates to GTA 5 and GTA Online and new content for GTAO.

In addition, RDR2 came out in 2018 and RDO in 2019 on which they had been working for several years.
    The real work on GTA6 started after RDR2.

And 2,000 employees are not just developers.
    Half if not more are office workers, security, cleaning crew,etc.
    Yeah in every studio there is a lot of office workers.

7. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I would be interested to see how their game engine has improved, 6 years from now - because no matter how technically brilliant the PS3 and XB360 versions were on GTAV (And, I truly do mean that) by the time RDR2 came out on PS4 Pro, the graphics were not really that 'special' and you could see the history of GTA4 in them.

Like 'the creation engine', it's old code I think they need to ditch, and 6 years of coding should be very interesting...Direct X 13? 14? 15?

In any case, I'm extremely confident that GTA6 will be released and reviewed and on the stores shelves in 6 years from now - unlike that "Computer Game" from a certain "Developer" called Chris Roberts.

8. Youkinen

Youkinen Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    It's a GTA game and everything in it is over the top, satirical and caricatured.

To me Michael seems like a guy in his fifties who has everything, yet can't cope with getting old and the changing world. With a cheating wife, teenage kids who he has nothing in common with and ghosts of the past, I can understand he's a little on the edge. Franklin may have the most "good heart" of the trio, (again it's GTA) but he's constantly needed to save his stupid friend's ass. And even though he might be "the good guy" of the three, he has never implied he's going to quit criminal activity. On the contrary, he's looking for more capable and experienced partners so he can escape the incompetence of his gang. Trevor is (probably) a sociopath with multiple mental issues and was abused as a child. Not to mention he's been betrayed multiple times by people closest to him. I found every character to be likable and even sympathetic in one way or another.

If production begun in 2014, to me that means 2024. Or "more" as it was said.

Airbud likes this.
  9. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Michael Pachter is the guy that in 2009 said the PS3/X360 was the last generation of consoles.
    Pachter: This Is The Final Generation

And just this week, he stated in a podcast that Gamepass is going to kill the Playstation and that Sony has no way to compete.

On gaming forums, everyone was like: So if Pachter says that, it means Sony is going to kill MS. Because he is always wrong.

10. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    100%

11. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Well yeah but it became a little too charicaturized. All GTA games fill a bunch of over-the-top stereotypes but in GTA5 it just felt a little forced.
    I get the first sentence about Michael, but everything else is still entirely his fault. His family is justified to hate him because he's selfish and neglectful, and everyone else hates him because his ego and anger keeps getting in the way. So, I have no sympathy for his whining. I find Michael's character to be the most realistic, but I just found him really annoying.
    Franklin had other ways to save his friends. He also did things that were altruistic, while also things that were totally heartless. From what I recall, Franklin was coaxed by Michael into more reliable work, rather than him seeking a more competent gang. So, it's hard to take him seriously when his intentions are completely undermined by everything you as the player make him do. Even his own friends realized this.
    I get the gist of Trevor, but I know people who have gone through what he did or worse (minus the major crimes) and they didn't turn into some trigger-happy nutcase. Of course, Trevor is a drug abuser and having a criminal life, he has good reason to be paranoid, so his situation is the easiest to understand. If he were written to be less juvenile, I would probably sympathize with him. He was almost a very well-written character.

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Someone already did.

[​IMG]

MyEinsamkeit and Valken like this.
  13. Youkinen

Youkinen Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    Fair enough, for me the games atmosphere and jokes really worked. Just serious enough to be interesting and not go "full saint's row", but making fun of almost every Hollywood/american dream stereotypes.

I do agree that Michael's situation is of his own doing, but his family is not helping in the slightest. Between trying to keep the crooked feds happy by doing their black ops operations against other government agencies and earning money to compensate (admittedly caused by his own blind rage) damages to a local crime lord's mansion, he's continuously saving his good for nothing son, daughter and wife from what ever danger they chose to put them selves in that week. Not to mention to keep Trevor from having a nuclear meltdown and ending life in Los Santos as we know it.

As for Franklin, he rarely had any other choice than to blast their way out of situations his "friends" got them in to. Michael really wasn't encouraging Franklin to pursue the career he had and got out of (at first), and instead told Franklin to become a lawyer or something like that to "rob people legally". However after seeing Michael "in action" Franklin was adamant in having Michael as his "mentor" and even told him that his skills and knowledge are going to waste if he doesn't get "back in the game". I think his "friends" only problem was that he was becoming successful (criminal), while they still failed in pretty much everything.

Yeah, Trevor could have not become a mass-murdering maniac, but he did. And a lot of people with better background also have. For me he being juvenile is just a bit of fun to balance out the absolute horrible thing he does. That said even if Trevor is mostly an absolute madman, he's loyal to the end to the people he considers his friends.

Anyways, for me GTA 5 is probably the latest game I purchased at launch, (PC) paid the full price and not regretted one bit. I played GTA 4 a bit when it was the hot stuff, but didn't really enjoy it. Maybe I should give it another try nowdays.

14. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I recently switched to RetroArch, and play good games instead, pretty cheap too.

Keitosha, Noisiv and carnivore like this.
  15. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    His family isn't helping because he never helped them. His idea of helping was to throw money at them and not deal with them any further. He wouldn't have to deal with the crooked feds if he didn't live a life of crime. His son and daughter were spoiled so they never knew how to do anything real in life, and he pretty much made it clear that he has no real interest in his wife. Michael threw Trevor under the bus, so he very much deserves to deal with his meltdown. He's also pretty flippant about everything the therapist said. His whole life is basically a series of avoidable mistakes caused by selfishness and greed, so, I just couldn't care less about his problems.
    It's kind of funny though, because when you play as him and drive your car into someone else, he often says something implying it was the other driver's fault.
    Yeah, I suppose you're right about that. I guess he has a bit of a Walter White situation, where he became more of a villain as time went on.
    Fair enough, I can't argue with that.
    I would argue GTA5 is an overall better game, I just liked the characters in GTA4 and the expansions better.

16. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Any ideas on the download size of a 500 hour game?

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    but they can and will drop there pay check into cash shop and or micro transactions, that i sure it will have. we all know how much of killing the cash shop/ micro transations they made off "online"

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  18. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I'mm gonna check this out. Retro gaming on old PC has been paying off...

MyEinsamkeit likes this.
  19. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    If the storylines and characters and character creation is just as awful as GTA 5, i will pass. I wish they come to their senses and make gta 3 part 2 with claude and gta with tommy. GTA 5 Characters are awful, the dlcs are awful, the character creation was the worse i ever seen in video game history.

20. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    12.3 terabytes....

J/K...:D....probably rather large I would say.