This copper IHS claims to reduce the temperature of your i9-12900K by 15 degrees Celsius.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 28, 2022.

1. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Copper tend to green... this is why they put nickel on it (but there is copper inside)
    And about liquid metal, it is due to the risk of fail on production, to succeed, you need hand made aplication, time and precision (and 99% of the final user would not notice the change), so it's a no go for them.

2. Wrinkly

Wrinkly Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon 290 / 4GB
    I waited for the 3D versions, but what a let down. Plus the reports on CPU degradation, faulty ports and of course idle crashing was a little off putting. I find the 12900k does a great job with 125W PL2 on air. Plenty of power for Visual Studio, VMWare, Android Studio and of course the odd game. With a NH-D15 and Fractal Torrent case the CPU maxes out at 60C running CBr23 with a score off 25k. Good enough as I will never need the all core performance and it's silent under my desk. Gaming, CP2077 & DL2, hits ~45C. Pleasantly surprised how good Alder Lake is.

3. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    Is there a direct die kit available?

4. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Yes, we have Supercool Computer delid kit and direct die block here in our "Team"

I have the Super Cool DDR5 waterblock on my Hynix DDR5 kit. Maybe the best dimm waterblock in the world. Direct waterflow over IC :)

Here is Direct die block and ddr5 dimm cooler in use:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022

5. kaz050

kaz050 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FTW RGB
    still rocking my 3700x thought about a 12600k but after seeing reviews of heat I was eh reminds me of my 8350 space heater lol.

Airbud likes this.
  6. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Question is: Do you play Cinebench or do you playing games? 12 series is very cold in games, but very hot in rendering.

I'm running 5.5ghz all core, and in rendering it's 85-93c. In games it's just over 50c max in games like BF V, BF 2042, Elden Ring etc...

7. barrybondz

barrybondz Member

GPU:
    MSI 970 Twin Frozr
    I swear every dumbass who talks about heat and power consumption are the same dumbasses who watched GN's video on AIO orientation and didn't understand it. You guys think intel who can't even get soldering right isn't going to cheap out on the IHS? Its nickle plated but come on people, you think 10-15c is purely just liquid metal? Vs a soldered IHS? The full copper IHS is a better machine and more surface area.

nizzen likes this.
  8. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    I bought the RockitCool copper IHS for my first 9900K, dropped temps maybe 1°C, using Conductonaut between IHS and die, and the same Kryonaut between IHS and waterblock as used between OEM IHS and waterblock.

Direct die using Conductonaut dropped temps nearly 10°C.

Airbud likes this.