Elden Ring

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 8, 2019.

1. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I´ve just noticed, reviews don´t mention convenants or PVP areas.

I hope those weren´t cut because of the open world structure.

2. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    The only ones who seem miserable and losing it are the ones who defend a flawed product to the death as if the giant company behind it is their mother. "HOW DARE YOU HAVE VALID CRITICISM ABOUT A PROBLEM THAT SHOULDN'T EXIST TO BEGIN WITH!?". So I guess you enjoy 60 fps with your two RTX 3080s?

Raging at people for wanting some minimum standards, like not locking PC ports down, is the same as asking for low standards. Nothing ever improves unless people complain, and people like you trying to shut down complaints are a problem for that reason.

I'm perfectly happy not paying those clowns a cent for their game if they don't have the decency to release a normal PC port.

3. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    616,891 concurrent players on Steam, right now. It might increase further....
    This is one of the biggest launches of the year.

tunejunky and Valken like this.
  4. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    I have been playing for about 2 hours and so far the stuttering is very minimal and almost imperceptible. It happens especially when entering a new location or opening some doors but during the game I haven't seen it.

At 4K maxed out and HDR active it runs as smooth as butter and with the gpu used at 90%. So no, I really don't think the PS5 version is the best given the various frame rate issues that have been highlighted by DF (Not in my case though)

I'm more pissed off about the lack of support for PS5 DS on PC, there is no ff effect and the hud showing the xbox pad controls. WTF!

cerebus23, Valken and Archvile82 like this.

5. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    I have been playing for nearly 2h too and the performance is solid, no where near all the doom and gloom that was predicted. For me it runs the same as DS3 did. However I am using a 12700k, 4400 ram and all my drives are 980 pro nvme so I'm sure that is making a difference as the load times appear to be around 5~ seconds.

Also its nice to play a game that doesn't make the CPU go crazy, temps stay very from 45-55 where as something like The Hunt, the temps would be 65-70 average.

Really nice game so far, cant wait to play more. I also hope the Raytracing patch they use reflections as I hate the SSR effect on the water, such a crap thing and ruins games IQ imo.

tunejunky likes this.
  6. syklonis

syklonis Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 MSI Trio
    I have the same gpu as the two whom posted above (3080) but I'm stuttering a lot more than you two it seems. Every few minutes turning my camera around stutter fest, move a few feet-- stutter. I'm gonna have to wait for a fix/patch before I can play this more. It just too jarring for me right now.

7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Yep, stuttering is kind of bad, upon level load ok, but not when at limgrave first enemy on the horse, its a stutter fest lol.

8. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3
    It's absolutely a stutter fest. Sigh.

9. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Can it crossplay between PC and PS5? There is not competitive advantage since both use game pads. Cheaters gonna cheat no matter what. We have friends with PS4/PS5 who want to join up with PC players in coop.

10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    No, coop signs only work for the same platform.

11. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Not surprising as the PS5 was the lead development platform.

12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I wonder why in GraphicsConfig.xml its <Antialiasing></Antialiasing> the only one no value assigned - changed it now to <Antialiasing>HIGH</Antialiasing> and made the file read only - just because.. ;)

13. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Got the game on PC,AMD/Nvidia reporting stuttering. I guess I will take the Dying Light 2 approach and just play at 1080P on RTX 3080 and see what happens,hell got 55 Hours in DL2 and still only level 3 in quest.
    Now TBH I strongly disliked all souls games and never finished any of them.I really hope the graphics are somewhat good and not 2005 as some people say and I will be fine with the game ,cheat happens if I need to cheat to enjoy the game.

14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

Valken likes this.
  15. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Performance looks good but that is a BEEFY system! ADL 12900K + 3090!

16. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    DX12 is as stuttering as usual, when will MS fix this crap, every game got it

PhazDelta likes this.
  17. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Poor excuse though, it's not this is their first PC game

I mean, I can't even leave a config menu with ESC.

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Looks like game should have been pushed back and optimized some more. There is no reason game should have any performance issues it looks like something from ten years ago.

tunejunky and Horus-Anhur like this.
  20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    If that's the case then why can't the game hit 60fps even in Performance mode?
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...2-24-elden-ring-performance-first-impressions

This only shows time after time that games are never ready on release. Dying Light 2 had problems, Horizon Forbidden West has problems and now Elden ring has problems on release. Sad that QA isn't more thorough and sad that publishers push games that aren't ready.

eGGroLLiO likes this.