Tesla plans to offer Steam library games in its vehicles

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 23, 2022.

1. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    they already have micro-transactions and malware inside why not games

2. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Imagine someone playing GTA using the cars steering wheel and pedals when de-coupled in pilot mode on a highway or freeway!

Airbud and Deleted member 282649 like this.
  3. StevieSleep

StevieSleep Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    So you get a great car and a gaming rig all in one.
    Seriously though don't they need that GPU power for self driving? Or is this a way to capitalize on the self flagellating adult gamer that feels like a lazy bum every time they game cause they should be doing something more productive.

4. StevieSleep

StevieSleep Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    I'm sorry but you're spouting nonsense.
    Most of their batteries retain over 90% of their capacity even after 250km.
    You can lookup the values and depending on the size of the battery and the source of the energy you put in the electric car will always beat out the gas powered car. Even the worst case scenario where you're only pumping energy from coal power plants will leave you barely breaking even with gas.
    The fact that you would fall for this American type MPG issue makes you look like a bit of a buffoon.

Now take your lazy ass out and google the data, cause it's not that hard to find considering it's provided by government agencies. And stop pretending like you're doing the world any favors by using your 30 yo car when even newer gas cars would put it to shame.

5. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Master Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302
    If electric cars had over 90% left after 250km, that means range should be over 2500km... There is something wrong with that claim. There is much more that needs to be taken into account then just fuel consumed. Even making new car to replace old one needs time to be paid off. Lithium batteries literally have expiration date and as I sort of said, car manufacturers don't want their lithium cells to be replaceable, they want their whole batteries to be replaced.

And please, government agencies?! My government was the only entity supporting Rio Tinto for lithium exploitation in my country. Sorry but, destroying environment in one way to help it in other way does not help this planet at all.

GoldenTiger, CalculuS, Airbud and 2 others like this.
  6. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    hmm....let's play some driving sim while my Tesla is driving itself

yeah I can't afford a Tesla o_O

7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Instead of stretching the legs and get som air.

8. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Silly move but harmless, so no problem by me.

Unless they intend to let drivers play while driving...

9. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Electric cars are not worse than burning oil. Nor are they anywhere near the same impact, even when considering where the energy comes from to charge them. They are nowhere near perfect for the environment, but they are most certainly a significant step forward in mitigating the impact. The idea that we are just trading the damage done from burning fuel with damage done by having spent batteries to contend with afterwards is just patently false.

As to Tesla having steam? That sounds about as useful as gullwing doors.

10. fellix

fellix Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    Given the long battery charging times for the EVs, adding another entertainment option to fiddle with, while waiting at the supercharger is logical.

11. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    People will never fail to disappoint you and do the wrong thing driving their vehicles. I am retired cop. Sitting in school zone one day whining I had this duty. I watched as a guy drove by me with his newspaper draped across his steering wheel and reading it as he drove through a school zone. Have a nice day sir......[​IMG]

Airbud and Mineria like this.
  12. tunaphish6

tunaphish6 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    As opposed to eating live ones?

I think one poster summed it up nicely--this is yet another gimmick to get people to buy their cars. Heck, I'm not thrilled about self-driving cars, but I was all for EV's until I heard how much it does cost to replace the batteries, and from that atand point, why even bother. Not to mention, EV's aren't entirely 'green'--all the toxic metals associated with batteries aside, electricity is still probably generated by petroleum sources. All we're doing is offsetting pollution somewhere else.

And, well, I guess I'm still up in the air about nuclear sources...

GoldenTiger and Airbud like this.
  13. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I am sure at some point in the recent past Tesla looked at GTAonline and thought you want to see what a real meme-mobile is. If Tesla spent more time making their cars cars and less time trying to turn them in to massive memes then they may actually deliver on some of the things they promise.

- Full 'autopilot' (although that alone is a huge meme all on it's own.
    - The Cyber truck
    - The Tesla truck
    - The Roadster Mk2
    - Decent customer service

100% agree with you on that one but won't derail the thread by adding more opinion.

14. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Guess he even dared to complain and told you his rights when you stopped him?

NewTRUMP Order likes this.
  15. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Jesus ... That's irresponsible to criminal level !

16. StevieSleep

StevieSleep Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    90% of their capacity not their charge.
    How can you expect someone to take any of your claims seriously when you can't even differentiate something so basic.
    You could say it's my fault because I forgot to say 250 000km but if you couldn't tell that from the context you shouldn't be speaking about any technical matters.

17. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I hope this does not include being able to play Carmageddon...or GTA, whilst your on-board AI slowly, but surely; moves its plans against us...

18. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    [​IMG]

I heard if you skip a payment it will drive itself back to the dealership....:D

Horus-Anhur likes this.
  19. Dribble

Dribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    One of the biggest dangers of smart cars is getting hacked. Surely allowing it to run unverified software from who knows where (random steam games) is just asking for trouble.
    Officer: Why did your car ram that blue and yellow building.
    Driver: Well I just installed "World of Tanks" and now my car seems to want to go to war with anything that's blue and yellow.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022