NVIDIA GeForce 511.79 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by LocoDiceGR, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    exactly this. I remember in farcry 5, game was CTD every time with fixed page file settings unless you set it real high, then its not relevant how high or low you set it anymore, just leave it to the OS...

intellimoo likes this.
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This is referencing PC Monitors only
    HDMI TV's do not keep the HDMI detect pin high when in soft off, any previous behavior you were experiencing was actually a result of a bug and that bug is no longer present.

3. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    i guess i've had the same bug for ~5 years using a TV (1080p then 4K) for a second screen. what you say is normal is something i haven't experienced since XP.; if i turned off a second screen (which were crts) whatever apps or icons would shift over to the primary. but since win 7, i don't recall that ever happening, windows display remembers its there whether on or off until i changed it in display settings. - nothing in the NVCP.

right now i have a 1080p monitor (DP/hdmi adapter) and 4k TV (hdmi 2.0) and windows treats my display as always available when "extend display" is selected.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Let me correct myself,

"Most HDMI TV's do not keep the HDMI detect pin high when in soft off, any previous behavior you were experiencing was actually a result of a bug and that bug is no longer present."

Previous drivers did not comply with current EDID spec and may have failed to acknowledge the TV's state on some that do employ HDMI Deep Sleep, which behaves in the same way as DP Deep sleep, prior to being given a label it was the default behavior of the majority of hdmi tv's from the day hdmi was even conceived.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022

5. Ejziponken

Ejziponken Active Member

So do you have the same issue as I do with the new driver? Does it move all the windows etc when it didnt before with the old?

6. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    unfortunately (or fortunately for me) no. but the last few drivers screwed up the scaling when dragging a window between screens. 100%/1080 and 120%/4K . if i drag a window to the TV, it scales to 120% but dragging it back to the 1080 screen, the window doesn't scale back to 100% as it used to and too large for the screen

i don't feel like screwing with it after a time, windows did update in that time but NV has screwed around w/scaling in drivers so i just deal with it setting by both to 100% and lean closer to the TV.

7. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Perhaps you set ULL to ultra?

8. Ravic

Ravic Guest

GPU:
    na
    Is there a fix in the works for ShadowPlay/Share push-to-talk recording being delayed and not picking up the audio until a little after? Not sure if it's because multiple applications are using the same key for the keybind because OBS Studio and Discord seem to pick up audio fine but recent versions of Geforce Experience/ShadowPlay seem to cut off first parts of things you say with push-to-talk so you have to wait a few seconds after holding it down before talking. It would be great if this could be addressed.

9. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...64a-8c69-1a68fbd106aa?page=8&tm=1439182229675

Look for MichaelAtOz`s comment, may be relevant.

10. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    that an unrelated problem when their monitor goes to sleep.. thanks for the effort but i said my issue is the scaling of windows (active apps) between my screens,

it use to be i could drag a window/app (ff, chrome, potplayer, whatever) and it would respect the 1080/100% 4K/120% scaling between the screens. now if i drap from 100% to 120%, its fine but dragging it back to 100%, it still stays 120% and too big fo the screen.

again thanks but i got it and i'll do some testing before i go using some best answer on MS, unfortunately,. those rarely work for me..

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the windows auto dpi corrector can only go up, it can't go down without closing and restarting the application.

12. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix OC 3090
    HDR is broken with D2 witch queen,, blacks are blue.

13. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    HDR looks fine here. In fact, Bungie fixed HDR at last.
    Destiny 2: from Red War until Forsaken release, HDR was ok.
    From Forsaken > Shadowkeep > Beyond Light, their HDR was in broken state due to incorrect gamma resulting in black crush. During this period, Windows 11 launched with Auto HDR feature. And Windows 11's Auto HDR algorithm did the far better job than Destiny 2''s native (broken) HDR.
    With the Witch Queen, they fixed the long lasting issue with their HDR. Not the best implementation of HDR. But it's now working as intended.

14. Badgerslayer7

Badgerslayer7 Member

GPU:
    2080to
    Nvidia reflex no longer works with destiny 2 since the witch queen update. Hdr seems ok to me. Samsung neo g9

15. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    that is not correct.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its correct,
    "automatically fix blurry apps" only applies to applications using legacy single display dpi awareness and can only scale up automatically as the resolution increases,

none of the applications you cited are using a WPF control compatible with multimonitor dpi scaling.

17. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    *i didn't cite any applications*

and that old info when windows set dpi scaling to the primary monitor on boot up. years have past and dpiawareness V2 been around since win10 1607:
    1080p/100% 4K/125%

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
    stryfe2010 likes this.
  18. noGuruATall

noGuruATall Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 580 3GB
    so share must be always in the background to have screenshot and movies capture from gf experience?

19. EDK-Rise

EDK-Rise Active Member

GPU:
    AsusStrixTop 6900XT
    the driver has memory leakage. crash happens in warzone and battlefield v after one hour. gtx 1080/win10 build 10944.1526

20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    From what I could dig up it's an old issue with the engine itself.
    Are you using GFE filters?
    If so either disable the filters or check VideoMemoryScale in Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players\adv_options.ini
    Adjust it from 0.85 down to 0.65 or lower.

If you are 100% sure about that it is the driver you will need to do a full report to Nvidia to make it worth their time to look into it.