Microsoft will begin developing Windows 12 in March

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I don't think one random microsoft developer at a technical conference constitutes as Microsoft itself saying Windows 10 was going to be the last version of Windows released. There was no formal announcement of that. It was just an off the cuff comment.

I'd blame the tech media for running with stories. This article for example - the original source already said it was a joke but you see it all over the internet with most places offering no update that it's a false story.

Picolete, sykozis and Solfaur like this.
  2. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    I use Windows10/11/whatever...;) as a gateway to hardware driver support and third-party software support. I don't use it because I love the OS, because I use the OS very seldom for its own sake...;) I use it because I love what hardware I can run on the OS. And none of the picky and choosy hardware driver support like with OSX and some Linux distro driver support--and I've never been sold on open source driver development for of a variety of reasons. That's why Windows for me. No reflection on anyone who doesn't use, or like, Windows.

3. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    I think Microsoft was asked that question a lot in the early days of Win10, and that's what I recall. But, who knows? That's the way I took it, certainly. Lots of people, including me, thought the rumors about "Win11" were all false...;) Was that ever a surprise!...;)

4. JOHN30011887

JOHN30011887 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070Ti
    Wait, did i bump my head at some point, "Completely new substructure, nothing from other OS"

I thought this is what windows 11 was meant to be...guess not.

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Win11 Pro will require MS accounts in future updates. Its on the cards.

6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Didnt tick me off, I think it would have been dumb for them if they said so. Good management always leaves room for evolving strategies than to lock themselves with absolute commitments. Newer versions gives the excuse to milk more profits, so from business standpoint, understandable.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I dont get me wrong i use windows and always will cause if i game on pc i have no other real option. but at same I just tired of MS BS and windows updates that break thing, last thing MS should be thinking at point time is windows 12.

As it stand i not moving to win 11 period cause probably by time i actual build new system win 11 will be left in dust cause way pricing is going on pc side thing i have zero intrested in making new system

8. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    None of those alternative will run Superior Drummer 3, Vegas Pro, Cakewalk and other programs that work on Windows or MacOS.
    There are of course alternatives, but with all alternatives you have to give up on some features besides learning a complete new layout and change the workflow.
    So no wonder that some people like me didn't switch over yet, besides that those who use apps like these to earn their money are even more careful and still on some older offline Windows or MacOS versions.
    Performance is also a big aspect, so no WINE, if on Linux the developers need to work on propper implementation and not just some lazy port.

9. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    win10 will be my final.... If it doesnt work, ill go for 95

10. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    while is this still open if it was a hoax?

11. As with any Windows release, I'll try it whenever the first build becomes available. At the very least, I can't imagine 12 being worse than 11.

12. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I believe it because i think they'll see Windows 11 as a total failure. The adoption rate from 10 -11 has been pish poor compared to 7/8 -10.

If true though i can see issues as fTPM has already shown a large percent of people will be left behind because their hardware is a few years older than needed.

13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Idk I kind of like threads like these. Typically you get the headline/article mismatch where you can see how many Guru3D users don't read past the headline. But in this case you get to see who actually reads posts, does research outside of just believing everything on Guru3D, who's more invested in the tech ecosystem, etc.

Airbud and sykozis like this.
  14. Dimitrios1983

Dimitrios1983 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580
    Call me crazy but how much do you wanna bet the sole reason is why is because of the large amount of video cards that will be dumped into the used market since mining will be changing it's methods. New WINDOWS will push a new kind of DIRECTX so gamers have to buy a new card while the market is fully saturated with old cards.

The second reason might be to unite gamers of both ANDROID and WINDOWS. Third reason might be to help INTEL's video cards like how the newer WINDOWS takes advantage of INTEL's new architecture.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    adoption rate is within the expected targets for windows 11, whatever the hell that means.

16. abdulhkeem

abdulhkeem Member

GPU:
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB
    you got that right!

rl66 likes this.
  17. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    If we have Disney+ for free and forever bundled with it, why not? lol

18. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    2015 .. Windows 10 will be the last edition

2022 ... we are working on Windows 12

forget 11 it is a p.o.p not worth mentioning

19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    The story has been debunked by the source itself, "Microsoft MVP award-winning security expert @SwiftOnSecurity" said it was a joke.
    https://twitter.com/swiftonsecurity/status/1495464658509172741

The other site deskmodder.de who claimed the story is real had used the above source itself.

When something smells like BS, is confirmed to be BS, it is BS.

20. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Pulse 6800
    Some times companies throw stuff like this to see the reaction of the people, then just say it was a joke or that the rumours are false