Display Driver Uninstaller Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Wagnard, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I would download only from his own site.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The remote display driver is unrelated to the basic display driver though serving similar purpose.

Watcher likes this.
  3. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Remote display adaptor is not intended to be removed by DDU.

4. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.4.8 Released.
    See first post of this thread for download locations and other important information.

5. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.4.9 Released.
    See first post of this thread for download locations and other important information.

6. NeZuGG

NeZuGG Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX 3060TI
    Hello, I'm willing to share my use of DDU.

Of course it helps when uninstalling and re-installing clean NVIDIA drivers but i also use it to fix a very weird sound issue that I've been getting ever since I'm using the Logitech G Pro X Lightspeed headset.

Basically, Windows keeps installing Realtek drivers even if the Logitech ones are installed and there is a conflict between both so I have constant micro-stutters ingame if I don't uninstall Realtek drivers using DDU everytime I start my PC. I also checked the box to prevent downloads of drivers from Windows Update but it doesn't solve this issue.

Thanks a lot for any comments about this issue - happy day to ya'll

7. Siberto2

Siberto2 Member

GPU:
    1080 Ti
    So why removing nvidia temporary folders is not recommended but it's ticked by default?

8. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4070 TI OC
    Just want to report. Using 118.0.4.9. Just switched from HDMI to Displayport on my 1440p monitor and when I boot into safe mode...I get a ton of flickering and hard to control mouse movements. I had to press left button on choice of GPU or sound...and use scroll wheel on my keyboard to make the choice. Got it done...but a lot of work. Is there an issue with Display port? I also have an Acronis TI recovery disk and when I boot to it...it is normal...but again...it's a Windows environment. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Thats not DDU's fault,its reportedly a bug in Preview Cumulative KB5012643 for Windows 11.

10. PetritH

PetritH Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XT
    Excatly. Using Safe mode with networking works fine according to some users.

11. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    (DDU) V18.0.5.0 Released. today

12. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.5.0 Released.

Last edited: May 3, 2022
  13. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Microsoft comes soon with, a fix they admit the flashing bug in safe mode, hope for U ppl it comes soon :)

14. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    XantaX likes this.
  15. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Hey everyone,
    If you are affected by the safe mode bug and what to use DDU, you can simply do the cleanup in normal mode, then logoff and then cleanup again.
    This will be almost as clean as if you were in safe mode.

16. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.5.1 Released.

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3992

Requirement:
    -Windows 7 up to Windows 11
    -NVIDIA, AMD, Intel GPUs
    -Also support basic Realtek audio driver cleanup.
    -Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 or higher

Changelog:

All: Fixes / Enhancements to the driver store cleaner.
    AMD: AMD Crash Defender and AMD Link Controller Emulation cleanup enhancements
    AMD: Fixed a bug with the AMD Chipset Software installer.
    Translation update: French.xml

SHA1: 165D0E785599E571E032983C05AF4E40330058E1

Big thanks to the following Patron and also those who aren't listed!
    -honnmaguro (Since 2018-03-16)
    -ZaoDaDong (Since 2019-02-06)
    -Alberto Bursi (long time donator/supporter)
    -Kaseb (Since 2019-09-05)
    -Frank Brown (Since 2019-10-31)
    -Sergey Bolshakow (Since 2020-09-10)
    -James Tiller (Since 2021-04-03)
    -Paulo Henrique (Since 2021-04-19)
    -Graeme Small
    -SMiThaYe
    -Chris Ross
    -Fabio
    -Matti Metsikko
    -mikalonia - mika

For a guide , check : https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/ddu-guide-tutorial

Recommended usage:
    -You MUST disconnect your internet or completely block Windows Update when running DDU until you have re-installed your new drivers.
    -DDU should be used when having a problem uninstalling / installing a driver or when switching GPU brand.
    -DDU should not be used every time you install a new driver unless you know what you are doing.
    -DDU will not work on network drive. Please install in a local drive (C:, D: or else).
    -The tool can be used in Normal mode but for absolute stability when using DDU, Safemode is always the best.
    -If you are using DDU in normal mode, Clean, reboot, clean again, reboot.
    -Make a backup or a system restore (but it should normally be pretty safe).
    -It is best to exclude the DDU folder completely from any security software to avoid issues.
    Note: If you have issues for downloading the file, it could be one of your extension interfering with our hotlink protection.

download link:
    https://www.wagnardsoft.com/DDU/download/DDU v18.0.5.1.exe

17. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.5.1 Released.

18. djinxx

djinxx Guest

GPU:
    AMD 290x / 4GB
    Hey guys, ive been having a problem with my monitors.. now i cant tell if its because of DDU or something else.. (ive changed both my display port cables so that can't be it) So the problem is when i turn on my pc or even when i leave them on and they go off after a while.. when i turn them back on or start using them again one of my monitors just doesn't want to turn on (or better yet get a signal), so i need to unplug display port and plug it back in see if it works most of the time it wont, i unplug the power cable plug it back in etc nothing, ( now i can see my main monitor flickering like its connecting but in the end nothing) sometimes i even get both screens black.. so i restart my pc then most of the time they work.. ( but what i go to nvidia control panel i can see both monitors, the one thats working is horizontal with normal resolution but the other one is vertical with no res and a refresh rate of 24.. or even nothing) so i did a windows format installed win 10 (had 11 dev) but i'm so stupid i didnt test it out after install.. i immediately did DDU and installed latest drivers.. never had this problem after latest DDU/NVIDIA drivers.. is there maybe anyone else here thats having the same problems? or maybe had this issue before or maybe you're so smart and knows what's up xD.. my monitors are Samsung G7 and Acer XG270HU

19. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    All I can say is that this is highly unlikely, but still, not impossible.
    Also I didnt received report of this. I would think this is more a driver / monitor compatibility issue maybe. Best thing would be to confirm if DDU is really the culprit by not using it and format again Ha-ha.

20. djinxx

djinxx Guest

GPU:
    AMD 290x / 4GB
    Hhahaa i knew u was going to say that, and its the most logical thing to do.. also when i plug in my elgato everything go's black to so yeah really strange for no reason crap just happens kek