NVIDIA GeForce 511.79 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by LocoDiceGR, Feb 14, 2022.

1. barrybondz

barrybondz Member

GPU:
    MSI 970 Twin Frozr

Killerlotus likes this.
  2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    In addition when the Clean installation option is checked it will remove the previous NV driverstore folder and it's content.

As old as Last Known Good, the driver installer should ask for a system reboot in the case you described though.
    With the clean installation option selected it replaces the files while the card uses the MS default driver.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well I have RocketLake that is not affected by it, but thanks for suggestion :)

https://www.powershellgallery.com/packages/SpeculationControl/1.0.14
    upload_2022-2-17_2-46-2.png

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the locked files are renamed and new files are placed,
    locked files are then added to the pending renames registry key,

theres only a few cases where these files are actually locked though, in 100% of cases either steam or any of the available hardware stat tools are left running.

When the driver asks you to reboot, its actually the HD Audio driver's fault most of the time, which can be sideskirted by switching to a different audio device and then cycling the state of the hd audio driver in device manager.

The updated driver also cleans up the coinstaller files from previous drivers, and removes most of the installer data from the program files installer2 folder.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    SmokingPistol likes this.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    used it for years, in the wrong hands its dangerous.

6. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    Yup, That's why I said "I'm sure you are aware of but may have overlooked" ;)

7. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Fix will be in our next Game Ready Driver release scheduled for later this month.

signex, Sajittarius, RodroG and 17 others like this.
  8. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I typically only list a bug in the Open Issues section once it has been reproduced by us and our software team confirms it is a driver bug (eg. app bugs or bugs caused by Windows Updates are not listed). Also only bugs that are reported by multiple end users are listed. One offs are not listed.

signex, EDK-Rise and 0LBaID like this.
  9. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Are you using any dongles?

10. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    I could have done with that a short while ago. There were 2 old Logitech drivers blocking me from turning on memory integrity. I knew where they were, but, Windows wouldn't let me delete them. I found a couple of programs that did the job eventually, but, that one could have saved me some headaches!

11. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    We all have a lot to learn it seems. Keep the advice coming.

12. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Odd. What monitor are you using and how is it connected to your GPU? Last but not least, what OS are you using?

13. CYP3ORG

CYP3ORG Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2060
    My current monitor is Samsung 24", 1080p, 60Hz Curved Monitor and it is connected via an HDMI 2.0 Cable.

My OS is Windows 10 Home 21H2 (build 19044.1566)

signex likes this.
  14. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Thanks for the detailed description.
    This is also the reason for that some should pay som attention to the above and shut down all these background apps that hook one or another thing to the driver.
    Even DDU doesn't recognize all background processes, so it's not completely failsafe either.

15. NoLikes

NoLikes Member Guru

GPU:
    1080TI
    Hi Manuel
    I didn't really tested anything in between STANDARD 471.96 and DCH 511.23.
    Here a regression testing with a know to work configuration with 471.96 as starting point:

The driver package contain the following component: display driver, audio driver, physX loader, type-C driver.
    The driver has been installed with the clean parameter and one reboot was performed manually upon the setup ended the installation.
    The CPU score has been captured from 1 to 3 times with CPUz ran around the 3 minute mark on the desktop after the system reboot in the following order without other third party services driver loaded by service control, monitoring tool, task managers or ETL running.

472.12 STANDARD issue is not present.
    496.76 DCH issue is present
    472.12 DCH issue not present (issue is present without the reboot)
    496.49 DCH issue is present
    496.13 DCH issue is present

Begin these proprietary driver with a quite range, you can either trow dices to or look what you changed after 472.12 and in between 496.13
    Those change impact the system by crippling any measured timestamp.

Smough and -Tj- like this.

16. Phroster

Phroster Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4080 RTX
    I have this problem with Gsync with any driver after 472.12.
    The issue is, I need to disable then re-enable Gsync after a reboot or cold boot for it to work in borderless windowed in DX11 games.
    If I don't disable and re-enable, the Gsync indicator doesn't show up, and it seems Gsync isn't working.
    So basically I need to turn Gsync off and on every time I boot my PC.

17. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

not really (outboard DAC), but December update screwed audio by limiting bit and frequency along with artefacts. mainly noticed by a/v receivers, it f'd my dac's (notebook & desktop) until the last update.
    i'm going direct to monitor on hdmi 2.1 cable ( that's been used with success elsewhere w/o issue)

i have a ticket with Nvidia.
    i'm p.o.'d mainly because i've had very few issues over the years with Nvidia. and of course because i bought a fast ips monitor

ReaperXL2 likes this.
  18. pseudodeed

pseudodeed Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Qadro M400M
    Hello i have a problem with this driver. I have make a clean up with DDU and after install i dont have any resulution for my Display. After installing my old drives all is working. Ihave make some screenchoots.
    Thanks
    I have a Laptop. Can anybody help me please?

Attached Files:

19. Sturmx

Sturmx New Member

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2070
    Had this too. Just changed my digital vibrance from 65% to 50% and it did make it go away. Thanks :) RIP Vibrance

20. Ben Rich

Ben Rich Guest

GPU:
    3070ti
    Hello,

I have the following

Windows 11
    5600x
    3070 ti
    32gb Corsair DDR4 Ram
    Corsair 750w PSU

For the last few months i have not been able to upgrade my GPU without experiencing crashes so i have stuck on 472.12

I got annoyed with this and now I am trying to work out what the issues are. I have updated to 511.79

I have stress tested RAM and done a clean install of Windows several time - I use DDU whenever i change driver also.

Tonight it crashed on me and last night as well, the errors i have received are below

Battle.net App - Exception Unknown Software Exception 0xe00000008) occurred with applications

Event viewer - Event 2004 - Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: ModernWarfare.exe (16100) consumed 36261212160 bytes, NZXT CAM.exe (12748) consumed 449093632 bytes, and MsMpEng.exe (4060) consumed 221679616 bytes.

Event 26 - Application pop-up: Windows - Out of Virtual Memory : Your system is low on virtual memory. To ensure that Windows runs properly, increase the size of your virtual memory paging file. For more information, see Help.

My Page file is set to automatic - i have also had the same error on specifying which drive it should be on as well.

This only starts happening when I upgrade past driver 472.

can anyone assist? Thanks