Even on HDD or SSD or MYCLOUD all video files take ages to load up ?????

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Plug2k, Jan 30, 2022.

1. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    For instance i can double click to start a movie be it mkv or other types and it takes about 3 - 5 minutes then magiclly vlc player starts up and playes the file without issue,
    i checked and its not a codec or hdd speed issue and vlc is updated to the latest version

its the same when trying to load a movie file with vlc player from ssd, but ssd is super fast so i expected it to be instant like it use to be as far as i can remember in the past all my videos started up pritty much instantly, but still on ssd it takes about 10 seconds to start up lot faster than hdd but i have most of my movies on big hdd`s and cant seem to figure out how to fix this issue.

they should start instantly but there not and i dont know why

i have set power profile in windows 11 to ultimate performance
    i have latest sound drivers and graphics drivers. 32gb ram x570 chipset 5950x cpu and 3090 gpu.

no ides , anyone else have any idea`s ?????

2. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Ok update ,

managed to get the movies to instantly start up with vlc player like it was before but i had to go about it the long way...

1: open vlc player first
    then drag said video into vlc player and movie plays right away instantly ???????

but if i double click video takes ages for vlc player to load up the movie ???? why what gives and this is not a vlc player issue cause i tried windows 11 internal films/movies app and it took about the same time to play something lol

this is crazy issue why would they start instantly by dragging file into player and not start instantly by double clicking video to start ??? ahhh i give up lol

3. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Am assuming you have the latest build of VLC?
    Try this

4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2022

5. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That seems to be already set in the latest versions of vlc player so thats not the cause.

6. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    thats also not the issue pal, this issue is happening with any video apps not just vlc player and its not a ssd or hdd speed problem either.
    i bet no one can figure it out cause im super stumped lol

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    damaged or corrupted Filters.

8. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    How do i fix those cause i think thats what it is thats the cause....
    i have uninstalled and reinstalled k lite codec pack that didint work i uninstalled and installed sharky 007`s codec pack and uninstalled it and that did not work either lol

9. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Totally wipe your GPU drivers and delete any Codecs or packs you may have installed together with any sound card drivers etc basically anything that is used to play Vids and start afresh.