NVIDIA GeForce 511.23 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the data hazard code has nothing to do with performance uplifts.

2. MMXMMX

MMXMMX Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 4090 OC
    I will test this asap.
    i get black screen during install on my 3090

3. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Why don't you opt for a native 4k display instead? Native looks better than downsampled.

4. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I have no noticable performance gains or losses between 511.23 and 497.29. There has been a "performance hit" in January, but I guess this was due to some Microsoft Win 10 patches - and we talk about real minor differences. I can't notice this in real world usage. I even switched two times between the Drivers. Haven't seen anything dramatic.

I also haven't expected performance gains. My 3080 has seen a lot of drivers. It has even seen a new BIOS for the resizable BAR thing. So everything okay on my side. But I want to say thanks to nVidia as GPU Integer Scaling works like a charm constantly. And that is an important feature for me on a lot of old games.

OnnA likes this.

5. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Okay, small wall of text incoming.

I've been on these drivers for 4 days now and most everything seems stable and running at least as well as 497.29, but I'm having some odd issues trying to use DLDSR. I think it might be related to bandwidth issues but I've also heard that downsampling outputs at your native resolution so that *shouldn't* be a factor? I'm using a 2160p/60 screen that only has HDMI 2.0, so whenever I try to use DLDSR 1.78x or 2.25x the monitor either goes out of range or I get massively blown out colors while the game is so large I can only see about half of it. I then have to revert to my native resolution and everything is fine again.
    I've tried using all the types of scaling in the NVCP but the result is always the same, so I thought maybe HDMI 2.0 is running out of bandwidth when I try to use DLDSR with my native being 2160p. Anybody else have experience with this? So far I've tried all kinds of engines and API's (Diablo 3, Gears 5, Assetto Corsa Comp., Forza Horizon 5, Wasteland 2 & 3, Zombie Army 4)with the same result.
    Lastly, I tried several games that support DLSS (Control, Assetto Corsa Comp., Mechwarrior 5, Cyberpunk 2077) so I could try that God of War trick where you use DLSS Balanced to get 1080p render resolution and then use DLDSR 2.25x with it but the same thing happened.

6. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Why did they put that Image Scaling thing together with Sharpening? What was the problem before? I used to be able to just add some Sharperning to a game and that was it. Also, we can't even add their new 'Scaling + Sharpen' thing to individual, per-executable games? Only from Global settings?

I'll probably just revert back to the previous driver I had until they (hopefully) revise this new thing that remove user choices and options from the picture.

7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I dunno why I would need this.

Tbh I never really even understood how to do anything of value with CRU. It's interface is a bit shite.
    For example, I have a 4K/144Hz monitor which for some weird reason reports only 4K/60 Hz "TV" resolution.
    This isn't a big deal as 99.9% of games don't care about that. But there's that 0.1% which do and with them it's impossible to make them work in 4K/144 in EFS mode.
    I've tried looking into this with CRU and found literally nothing there which could help with this problem. So I don't see why it is so essential as you're saying.

DSR is adding resolutions based on your monitor highest reported resolution. Are you saying that you've added 4K to your 1440p monitor? Not sure how this would even work.

8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Sounds to me like the image isnt being downscaled, hence the lack of bandwidth and large image + a possible HDR issue.
    Try reinstalling the driver.
    Failing that, DDU before driver reinstall.

Another possibility:
    Your monitor reports it can accept a UHD signal as its max res, which maybe is used as native res with this driver.
    This is why it doesnt downscale.
    Although HDMI 2.0 cables should be able to pass the image, some dont quite manage it, so possibly the HDMI cable becomes part of the problem.
    Try the earlier fix first.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Last pic.
    It's just a Tweak for DSR, i just want all my resolutions at 71Hz
    [​IMG]

10. Mapson

Mapson Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    No need to revert to an older driver.

Enable the old scaling and sharpening in 511.23, this also returns performance for for Pascal and Maxwell cards if scaling is enabled - https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/n...wnload-discussion.441442/page-14#post-5983437

11. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Wow, such a simple registry edit and it works on-the-spot without even needing a system restart lol. Amazing.

Thank you very much, tried it and it works flawlessly.

OnnA and Mapson like this.
  12. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    25 Pages of a driver discussion, i see :eek:

New driver next week, probably. :rolleyes:

Alberto_It likes this.
  13. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    This driver is making my card running at same speed but lower temps. In the other hand, every game i play is running correctly and DLDSR + DLSS looks amazing on my 1440p monitor.

14. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    @Mufflore I went ahead and used DDU and then did a clean driver install. Same thing. I also tried the 3 other HDMI cables I currently have with the same end result. None of them are HDMI 2.1 certified though, so I may buy one of those to test and just to have for the future.
    I saw that ManuelG mentioned they are working on fixing DLDSR stuff for the next driver so I'll give that a try when it lands. I hope I can get DLDSR working because I'd really love to replace MSAA or just plain add image stability to older games.

15. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I agree, its early days with DLDSR.

ps the cables only needed to be HDMI 2.0 capable.

16. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    Quick question, in order to use the Nvidia shaders and filters do I have to have Gforce Experience installed?

17. TachiFoxy

TachiFoxy Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080S
    Yup. It uses the GeForce Experience overlay. (the same one you use for Shadowplay)

MaXThReAT likes this.
  18. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    That's what I thought. Thanx. Guess I'm finally trying it out.

19. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    It's amazing how much better you can get games to look and you can adjust things on the fly. I use it on CoD Vanguard, it looks rich and detailed with a few tweaks

20. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Yes. I'd suggest you trying reshade though, it gives many more possibilities and better shaders/filters overall. It's also lighter.

MaXThReAT and lukas_1987_dion like this.