MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Reshade is not delayed injection event trigger and never was. But 64-bit steam overlay is, such behavior with any steam application loading 64-bit steam overlay library is intended.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Interesting, I'm seeing it without steam with just reshade DXGI presence on the x86 and x64 builds of pcsx2, its not an issue personally,

without reshade the overlay and any sync configuration is in effect immediately, with reshade i have to click into the window for it to intro

PCSX2 x86, only difference is the presence of DXGI.dll for reshade
    Without
    [​IMG]

With
    [​IMG]

On click
    [​IMG]

I might have explained myself wrong, its not so much the delay, but that with dxgi for reshade present the overlay and sync doesn't take affect until the first click on the window.

3. Unwinder

That's not something done on my side. Cannot comment it deeper, I'm not Reshade user/fan.

caleb59 likes this.
  4. terry_bogard_sv

terry_bogard_sv Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800 16GB
    Just a question about your setup... are you using scanline sync with vsync enabled in the emulator settings?

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    vsync was not enabled, i was testing scanline yes.

terry_bogard_sv likes this.
  6. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Is there a data source in MSIAb/RTSS that allows to get insight into current bandwidth usage (during gameplay) outside of generic "PCI Bus Usage" (which is not particularly useful from what I've read in older threads)?

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the system IO doesn't really report this, its usually implemented from the graphics driver and exposed from there.

Digika likes this.
  8. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Is it exposed in Nvidia' driver for 10-series?

9. Methos101

Methos101 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Sorry to bother, but does anyone know when will there be an update to support the 3080 with 12GB version?

Thanks.

10. Unwinder

It is already inside 4.6.4 database.

11. Methos101

Methos101 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Weird, it wasn't recognizing it at first... then I saw your post, re-opened MSI AB, and now it shows. Thanks.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    can Passive Wait only be applied with application restart?, i'm not seeing the same differences to fps and cpu usage that i was when i looked into this previously,

13. Unwinder

No, it doesn't require application restart.

14. Mexeqwoh

Mexeqwoh Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Seems here some changes was made in 511.23 driver, with him in overlay min fps always zero (max and avg shows normally) and aoc display software also struggle get access to some display settings, but when roll back to 497.29 both described strange issues disappear.

15. Unwinder

That's a complete nonsense, sorry. If it drops to zero - it is zero. It cannot be misdetected.

Mexeqwoh likes this.

16. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    It works great with DX11/DX12 games so far.
    Any way to get this to work with Vulkan games?
    Thanks.

17. Unwinder

No, I've not implemented it for Vulkan renderer and currently don't plan to do it there, sorry.

18. Unwinder

Dear forum visitors,

I'm happy to report that the first RTSS beta in 2022 is approaching. Besides various compatibility tweaks, it also contains updated OverlayEditor plugin containing two interesting improvements:

- As many of you remember, there were multiple feature requests asking to provide VRAM temperature monitoring for 3080/3090 series in MSI AB, which I rejected. I still absolutely cannot add it to MSI Afterburner, becasue it is NVIDIA partner's software and it cannot use private hacked NVAPI functionality, which is not a part of NDA NVAPI intended for partners's overclocking software. However, as a compromise solution, I think I can add it to OverlayEditor's HAL (and only there) because technically RTSS is not MSI branded software and NV has no chances to control it and tell what do I need or do not need to add there. Futhermore, some parts of reverse engineered VRAM temperature monitoring NVAPI calls were already published in different open source projects by third parties, so technically I don't even leak anything important myself, hehe.

- I've ported full CPU monitoring related funtionality from MSI AB to OverlayEditor's internal HAL. It contains everything CPU related MSI AB has inside (CPU temepratures, power and clocks) and additionally something that is not supported on MSI AB HAL side yet: per-CCD temperatures for Ryzen and effective CPU clocks (for any modern CPUs), which recently became available in other closed source monitoring products. Now it will be available in OverlayEditor's internal HAL too in open source form. Please take a note that new CPU monitoring related functionality won't be unlocked in OverlayEditor's HAL out of box. Thses things require low-level IO driver and cannot work without it, and I don't include any in RTSS distributive. But you will be able to copy RTCore32/64 from MSI Afterburner distributive to RTSS plugins folder next to OverlayEditor and do some minor changes in plugin config to unlock full built-in CPU monitoring functionality there, after that you may uninstall MSI AB and use RTSS as standalone monitoring solution.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  19. looktuc

looktuc Guest

GPU:

Hi, when should we expect a release with temperature VRAM monitoring for the RTX 3090. Maybe there are beta versions?

20. Unwinder

What's a point in quoting a post without reading it? What's a point in asking "maybe there are beta versions?" when post explicitly declares that it will be a part of future beta? It will be posted when it is done. And one more time for those who do not read posts completely: It will be available in RTSS OverlayEditor plugin only, it won'be natively available in MSI AB.