NVIDIA GeForce 511.23 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jan 14, 2022.

1. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    So do many other options in the NVCP. You don't see them removed, do you. If all options that don't work or produce glitches were removed, we'd end up with a pretty empty control panel. MSAA, gone. AO, gone. AF, gone. FXAA, gone.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Misinformed argument, Those options are just toggling Hardware states that can't be compatible with all games.

NIS/Sharpening is not a hardware state, its a programmable shader and the NIS version is designed to be more capable at the expense of hitting harder.

The old and new method are mutually incompatible, the new Scaler (which is the source of the fps hit, not the sharpening(i was wrong)), is why the feature kills Pascal and earlier just byy being enabled.

MajorMagee likes this.
  3. noGuruATall

noGuruATall Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 580 3GB
    Screen Space Ray Traced Global Illumination filter is not working with auto hdr un windows 11? When i enable Screen Space Ray Traced Global Illumination picture looks not right.

4. EugeneJackKhoros

EugeneJackKhoros Active Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I don't remember if there was a problem detecting the Windows version with previous drivers. I don't think so.

Attached Files:

• 2353.jpg
      2353.jpg
      File size:
      198.4 KB
      Views:

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    There was.

6. Mapson

Mapson Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    A thirdparty application that uses the official 'NVIDIA Image Scaling platform-agnostic open source SDK' for NIS support outperforms 511.23's built in scaling / NIS on Pascal and Maxwell cards.

511.23 no driver scaling / no driver sharpen. Scaling and sharpening performed by Lossless Scaling NIS mode
    96,95,95 FPS Scaled Resolution 85% with default sharpen

511.23 scaling and sharpening by driver (New Scaling / NIS)

90,90,91 FPS Scaled Resolution 85% with default sharpen​

The NVIDIA Image Scaling SDK provides a single spatial scaling and sharpening algorithm for cross-platform support. The scaling algorithm uses a 6-tap scaling filter combined with 4 directional scaling and adaptive sharpening filters, which creates nice smooth images and sharp edges. In addition, the SDK provides a state-of-the-art adaptive directional sharpening algorithm for use in applications where no scaling is required - https://github.com/NVIDIAGameWorks/NVIDIAImageScaling
    That's quite a difference, particularly considering the additional overhead that Lossless Scaling incurs due to not being driver native.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Developer implementation always trumps driver forced features.

8. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    If what you own is a 980Ti then no, it won't work. You need a card with Tensor Cores, i.e. a 2xxx/3xxx series GPU.

-Tj- likes this.
  9. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    So it's flawed as well then. They should fix it. And with that being said, I've never had problems with the old sharpen filter, except that it wasn't compatible with SGSSAA or forced MSAA. Which is fine.

I guess NVidia wants me to pay for a new overpriced GPU by making my current one slower. Nice job. God, I hate this procreating company.

enkoo1, windrunnerxj and SatsuiNoHado like this.
  10. ibizadr

ibizadr Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 (6gb)
    I'm using 1440p res in game downscaling to 1080p(monitor resolution) and use dlss quality to render from 1440 to 1080 and i think it gives more iq than 1080p native

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Why wouldn't it? You're reconstructing to 1440p with DLSS and then downscaling back to 1080p. Of course it will give better quality than just 1080p.

12. Gazebo

Gazebo Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070
    I had this again:
    "- In multi-monitor configurations, the screen may display random black screen flicker. [3405228]"

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    turn off windowed gsync

14. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    The most annoying thing about all this is not even that performance drop exists, but that Nvidia never mentions or acknowledges this anywhere.

15. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    This new driver is NOT stable. Played BF2042 for first time today since getting it, and the game hung within 5 minutes of starting it... game froze while zooming in.

This was using the new AI supersampling to choose 4K resolution on QHD monitor.

16. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Is it required to have G-Sync in games without real fullscreen mode (borderless windowed only titles)?

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    not if they are fullscreen optimised, yes if they are forcible set to windowed.

18. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Isnt every exe "fullscreen optimized" now, even old ones? There really isnt true fullscreen anymore without checking disable FSO in exe properties, as old games still use hybrid mode.

19. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    I didn't know they created open SDK for NIS. If "Lossless Scaling" is using it then you are correct here, albeit only NVidia knows if it's exactly the same NIS. If those results you've posted earlier are accurate then there must be a reason for difference, most likely either NIS itself or implementation. As for GPU's, you can use "Lossless Scaling" NIS on any GPU even ATI one, hence I am not 100% sure if it's exactly 100% same NIS as NVidia one. I would guess that NV would be optimizing NIS code for their hardware, possibly starting from newest models.

Mapson likes this.
  20. SeaRowerBob

SeaRowerBob Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3060 Ti
    Is it possible to force exclusive fullscreen mode in a game? E.g. God of War or FF7R.

My TV won't enable HDR mode without that.