NVIDIA GeForce 511.23 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jan 14, 2022.

1. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Not sure what you mean. It was working fine before.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    A fundamentally flawed implementation that isn't coming back because of the visual artifacts it introduced.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I dont use anything like that.

Well, windows or Destiny2 doesn't see this "HD" resolution either, I can activate it only via nvcpl.

I used slim version of installer, I doubt it's because of that?
    install.jpg

4. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/god-of-war-game-ready-driver/
    (scroll down)
    only reason i "upgraded" to a 3060 from 980ti was the shiny new toys.

Reclusive781 and -Tj- like this.

5. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    hmmmm The 2 DLDSR selections are greyed out for me. I cannot select them to try them.

Ok, got it working. but went back to 497.29s because the 511.23s image quality was nowhere near as good. 511 details were washed out looking. The DLDSR did work for me at 144 hz btw.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  7. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    So is SSRTGI for dx11 titles only?

8. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Perhaps it's you who should actually look at the Prey slide?

Skunk0001 likes this.
  9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I just did test on my end with 466.11 drivers with DSR @ 4k, Skyrim SE with my mods rung around low 50 to mid 40's Hellblade Runs 25fps or lower, at 1080p Skyrim SE is 60fps locked and Hellblade is 60 majority of time.
    DLDSR claims same IQ better performance or better? does this mean Skyrim SE should be 60fps? and helbade at very lest 40fps? I trying to gauge if feature it worth it to me seeing I dont feel like installed new drivers if it not gona be worth it to me. seeing game i do play play as i want them.

Any chance DLDSR cleaned up how desktop text looks verse DSR?

1070ti and 6700k here

10. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    I have tested this driver performance using old Unigine Haven benchmark and to my surprise results were interesting. First run of benchmark produced worst performance I had ever, but upon second run and the each subsequent, the driver performed very well. I guess shaders matter, not the case with previous drivers where subsequent runs produced similar results to the first one. Next thing to note was FPS drop on scene 7(well known bug caused by Unigine itself that occurs on every video card), here the bottom FPS was 15% higher than it has ever been before. I've rerun the test few times, with and without shaders cache, to ensure that those are real results. I've also tried Unigine Valley and also noticed ~15% FPS boost in min FPS.

BuildeR2 likes this.

11. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    DLDSR is for RTX GPUs only. But this driver seems to work fine, so I see no reason why you couldn't update (and get the latest game profiles/optmizations).

12. ibizadr

ibizadr Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 (6gb)
    I think dldsr only works on rtx cards

-Tj- likes this.
  13. Mapson

Mapson Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/s3sas9/game_ready_driver_51123_faqdiscussion/hsofiwy/

A thirdparty application NIS such as 'Lossless Scaling' outperforms 511.23's built in scaling / NIS on Pascal and Maxwell cards. 'Lossless Scaling' supports NIS, FSR and other scaling methods.

511.23 no driver scaling / no driver sharpen. Scaling and sharpening performed by Lossless Scaling NIS mode
    96,95,95 FPS Scaled Resolution 85% with default sharpen

511.23 scaling and sharpening by driver (New Scaling / NIS)
    90,90,91 FPS Scaled Resolution 85%, 50% Sharpen

471.96 scaling and sharpening by driver (Old Scaling / Sharpening) for reference
    100,100,101 FPS Scaled Resolution 85%, 50% Sharpen​

Something is very wrong if a thirdparty application's NIS mode outperforms the built in 511.23 driver NIS

@ManuelG

EDIT: To be clear, 'Lossless Scaling' uses the official 'NVIDIA Image Scaling platform-agnostic open source SDK' for NIS support.

The NVIDIA Image Scaling SDK provides a single spatial scaling and sharpening algorithm for cross-platform support. The scaling algorithm uses a 6-tap scaling filter combined with 4 directional scaling and adaptive sharpening filters, which creates nice smooth images and sharp edges. In addition, the SDK provides a state-of-the-art adaptive directional sharpening algorithm for use in applications where no scaling is required - https://github.com/NVIDIAGameWorks/NVIDIAImageScaling

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    squallypoh and SatsuiNoHado like this.
  14. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    clean install driver with DDU, confirmed fix on reddit.

same user has narrowed it down to a disabled overlay, i'm confirming wtf overlay they mean.

16. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    No they don't, some people just assume so looking at a static image taken in game between native, 4X DSR and 2.25X DLDSR, it isn't even mentioned which GPU they used besides that the native resolution used is 1080p.
    What Nvidia does claim is, that 2.25X gives about the same image quality as 4X DSR with a natural lower performance penalty.
    By pure logic 2.25X requires less than 4X, hence why 2.25X DSR and 2.25X DLDSR have about the same performance penalty, but according to Nvidia's claim 2.25X DLDSR should look better.
    Don't really get what's so hard to understand.

Terepin, Seb1, dr_rus and 2 others like this.
  17. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    It's not like I would actually use it but why can't (DL)DSR downscale from 8k for 4k screens? (I am just a bit curious how bad it looks like.)

18. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    The problem is that on a 1440 monitor DLDSR looks exactly like legacy 2.25x with exactly the same performance, so what's different about it?

Lux Sole and lionhad like this.
  19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    then it dont matter,to me so will remain on drivers on using till I see reason to do so The newset game I have for PC is Hellblade.

20. Mant0r

Mant0r Guest

GPU:
    3080 TUF OC 10GB
    I've tested DLDSR with a couple of games. Seems to work pretty well in FF7R if you run it in Dx11 mode, disable the Epic Launcher overlay and specify the DSR res and fullscreen in the ini file (same as regular DSR).

Isn't any less stuttery, but GPU usage at 1620 res seems comparable to regular DSR at 1440.

Also - the 'HD' duplicate resolutions created when enabling DSR are 'tv' resolutions and capped at max refresh of 120. If you're hitting a 120 limit with vsync enabled in a game that doesn't have a cap like FF7R you're probably inadvertently using one of those resolutions. Using something like CRU to remove those resolution options might work, but I haven't tried this and have no experience with that tool - but if that helps anyone let me know!

Edit - I'm using an older gsync compatible 1080p 144hz display.

-Tj- likes this.