Intel DG2 graphics card is expected to debut in March.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 30, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Im afraid of the driver problems. I remember paul from pauls hardware went mad with iris xe trying to make it work.

GSDragoon likes this.
  3. Bsac

Bsac Member

GPU:
    Rx 580 / 8gb
    Easy money for intel. They just need to ensure these cards can perform decently, are priced affordability and most of all available. With the current supply crunch they could selling millions of these cards if priced right and available.

4. m4dn355

m4dn355 Master Guru

GPU:
    Guru3D 2080 Super H
    By the time Celestial arrives, drivers will be ironed out.

5. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Quite frankly, i won´t buy a GPU from Intel until they have proven themselfes, both from hardware and software, because i also don´t believe they will release a product without some issues.

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Good, by then we will hopefully see some benchmarks and real world tests. And then we will know street prices. And only after those two we shall see if it's worth a buy for people.

7. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    Hmmm, Intel is outsourcing the production of the gpu's to TSMC. TSMC can't even keep up with current situation of producing chips, let alone producing gpu's for Intel. I wouldn't hold your breath for a March release date. And then there is the specter of a Nvidia 4090 gpu release...[​IMG]

8. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    ether's mining profitability is falling off a cliff, add this to the mix and next year could be a good one for us

9. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    The driver only needs to be stable enough to keep a mining rig running, which ought to be easy compared to supporting all the myriad games and game engines out there, both old and new, running on all kinds of PCs. A GPU manufacturer's money doesn't come from gamers, it comes from miners and data centers.

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    For now it will all change. Dont forget who made all these gpu manufacturers and thats us.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    not had any issues with Xe drivers.

12. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    Of the entire line-up of cards 'rumored' to be coming next year, this is the one I am most excited about.
    I have the same level of excitement about this card as I did with AMD' 6800XT....before they totally botched it's circulation by excluding most gamers.
    As to drivers....if you don't think Intel is capable of getting them to work, then you are kidding yourselves.
    Personally, I have never had a single issue with any Intel driver.
    They also know...given the current climate...that they must get it done properly to achieve the end goal.
    I believe given the feature-set, this card will foot the bill nicely for what I want.
    I use WMR and it sounds like just what I need for my simracing rig.
    If this is priced properly...and available, I will try to buy the 512EU unit on release.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  13. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I highly suspect drivers will be really good. Intel has a huge GPU driver team. Lets not forget they have been doing drivers for iGPU's for a long time now. Third party reviews like here will let us know if there are any issues.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    After watching this video I must say I am really interested in getting an Intel GPU.

I like that Raja states Intel are after users actually using their product not data centers stacking rows of them.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    -Tj- likes this.
  15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I hope it delivers, I would be happy with ~ 3070TI performance and 16GB vram for ~ 700-850€, or how much did they say the "flagship" will cost? I remember some price 850$ as top tier.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Nvidia said 3080 will cost 700$ so dont hold on what they said. I do like it has 16gb vram not a laughable 8gb like 3070/ti.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    nvidia said 3080 FE will cost 699(before taxes and shipping)

and it does.

18. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Hundred thousands people who lined up at Best Buy agree, 3080 FE still cost 699usd

19. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Intel entered the market because for several years now GPUs, or compute accelerators, have caught up with CPUs in importance for data centers, or depending on the use scenario, are even far more important. Before Intel had anything but plans existing, they already revealed huge deals with US government agencies. However, since the technology is basically the same between the server stuff and the consumer graphics cards, the synergy is extremely high. If they develop something that is good enough to compete with Nvidia and AMD in data centers, they, more or less, already have what it takes to compete in the gaming or general desktop software acceleration as well, at least hardware wise.

What comes to miners, it's all talk. Nvidia hardly refers to miners at all, talking about how gamers are so happy with the RTX3000. It doesn't matter who buys the cards. AIB partners were selling straight to miners from their factories. Intel will make no difference here either. If the cards mine well, Intel will be able to publish really sweet sales numbers immediately.

KissSh0t likes this.