JONSBO introduces a tall M.2 SSD cooler with a active blower fan

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 24, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    <5 cfm..... i love blower fans but i would never spend money on this, it is like water cooling ram dimms, just eye candy

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This will interfere with data retention.

4. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I don't understand the point of such excessive cooling. For the vast majority of people, the differences in high-performance NVMe are nearly negligible in real-world applications. For the few exceptions, people are better off getting a full x16 card or going RAID0.

5. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    Actually, cooling is recommended for nvme. The golden range for performance and longevity if you will, is between 50c and 70c. If yours is consistently over 70c then you should consider some type of cooling imho. Long term heating, overheating shortens the longevity of them. Of course, with gpu's being the size of refrigerators nowadays proves challenging to find space to cool them. At the least, if possible, place the nvme in the slot farthest away from the gpu. As we all know they are the worst offenders for heat generation. [​IMG]

6. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    sadly not everyone understands that, I tried to explain to a streamer, that he should place is AIO cpu cooler on the front because his RTX 3080ti was making his case an oven and that all the heat was going up towards his memory and AIO radiator, which I know for a fact as I tested it in 4 different cases (also there are videos on youtube) raises your cpu temp by a few unwanted degrees (on Intel it matters)

he went all defensive and angry and replied, that belief is still anchored in most people that "intaking heated air from a radiator" was dumb and worse
    if people don't understand that cooling a radiator with 20-25°C air and releasing 30-40°C inside the case is better than trying to cool a cpu with an hair dryer on hot...what can I say

I could add that the major heat source on a high power GPU in 2021 isn't the gpu chip that is properly cooled but the inductors, the components that will burn when you have the "new world" problem...I know because mine smelled really bad I tought the card was dead they are straight under your memory sticks and usually aren't cooled much if at all, thats where all the high current power goes through on a gpu...but that's way to technical for random "gamers"

the only way they can understand that is to do like me..burn your finger touching the backplate after playing 8hrs straight with the gpu at 80% more usage, that's when I realized I had a problem

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
    NewTRUMP Order likes this.
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    heatspreading is

cooling is not.

writes that occur below 45c have less persistence then those at higher temps.

8. Chrysalis

Chrysalis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    My 970 EVO idled in mid 70s before I added a case side fan blowing on it, so I do agree. Great idea to stick a nvme slot between cpu and gpu lol.

NewTRUMP Order likes this.
  9. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Will this give my music better imaging and dynamic range?

10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080

11. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    LOL heat spreading is cooling. I think you meant for your argument to be "active cooling is not" which I never said. I said "cooling is recommended." And if you had bothered to read my post it says that the best temp range is "between 50c and 70c" thus there is no need for your rebuttal of 45c.