Intel Declares That Beyond 2025, Moores Law Will Be Broken

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    tunejunky likes this.
  2. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    I hope , im all for tech progress . Sometimes i wish i would be younger now , or just be born right now....all the tech i won't see because not much more life left....hmm

Airbud likes this.
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    We are born in the time everything has began when computers ware on the rise. Thats great time to live in.

4. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7700 XT
    Gelsinger sure likes to make a lot of promises.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Guy is so full of himself every statement he makes is cringey.

This is my favorite one.

Intel CEO: I Haven't Lost Share To AMD, I've Given Share To AMD

Duke Nil, Valken, JAMVA and 2 others like this.
  6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I love the Intel statements suggesting the future of semiconductor business in Taiwan is uncertain because of a possible conflict with China, yet the next day Intel representatives are travelling to Taiwan to handle the affairs related to Intel GPU manufacturing at TSMC.

Despite what the blabbermouths among the Intel leadership are saying, it's still a huge company with deep pockets and a whole arsenal of expertise and know-how in engineering and physics. I expect they will indeed achieve great things, despite the problems of the recent years.

tunejunky likes this.
  7. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Yes and no :) We seen the beginning ( which is awesome ) , but we won't live enough to see more "cosmic " era , on the other side looking where the world is going right now , maybe soon we won't see anything and we already seen everything ....

Airbud and Valken like this.
  8. shamus21

shamus21 Member Guru

GPU:
    He is a typical salesman

9. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    For me, the golden age of any technology is the time before it becomes corrupted by power, money and control.
    I fear those days of innocence have long since left us.

Venix, Serotonin, Airbud and 2 others like this.
  10. Moonbogg

Moonbogg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti@2.1GHz
    Hundreds of years from now people will wonder what it must have been like to live right at the transition point when technology had just started to transform the world. In our time, we have one foot in the past and one foot in the future. We get a taste of what life was like in its original state and a taste of what is to come in the future. We get to experience both because we were born right on the edge of the new dawn, whereas the vast majority of humans who will ever exist only get to experience one of these great eras.

11. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT

All true :) But we can always wonder. I'm all for civilization progress , but things are not looing to bright right now, too much "evil" ideology in the world . General "Greed" drives the planet.

chinobino, Airbud and Keitosha like this.
  12. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    He is such a generous man.
    I'm guessing he was also feeling pity of Apple.

Airbud and Undying like this.
  13. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    I don't usually have any feelings for CEOs, unless I have shares in a company, but Pat... Pat just rubs me the wrong way, I have developed an actual dislike for the guy. While Intel have finally made some much welcomed competitive strides to back up their boisterous claims, he is still the walking personification of hubris.

14. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    MOST upper management, or even managers consists of Narcissistic psychopaths because those personality traits exhumes confidence and direction (read authoritarian dictatorships).

The truth is these psychos are so much further away from the truth of being a great leader, more like another effing dear leader.

In anycase, deep pockets can bailout, hide or prolong bad decisions but only real hard work and talent can save it.

Dr Lisa Su is the polar opposite and my money and many others are totally on her for the long run.

Undying likes this.
  15. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Depends on how you measure being a great leader. In terms of being likable and having the interest of the employees at mind, a narcissist or psychopath is terrible. In terms of maximizing profits, they make for great leaders. This is because they're willing to do what no one else has the heart to do. They'll be ruthlessly demanding, they will replace you if you're not keeping up, they'll push working conditions to the limits of what employees are willing to put up with, they'll sabotage competition, and none of the above seems to affect them, so they remain pleasant and confident in the public eye (which is necessary to keep investors interested).

If a leader is disproportionately much more wealthy than his/her subordinates, you can pretty much guarantee that person is either narcissistic or a psychopath (or both).

16. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Have personally worked with many of these guys, personally watch them net lost the company revenue and profits greater than 40% YTY and lose major BU channel talent. I'm talking 40-50M companies...

Have also worked with razor sharp talent that is focused on chevos (goals) and created 4-30x return on revenue YTY, without being a total asshat. Mind you, they may be "firm" and "committed" but far away from narcissistic psychopaths. Talking about well over 100M companies...

But you are 100% right on this... so long as the revenue does not start bleeding... once it does, investors are like sharks at a feeding frenzy and I can tell you, NO employee is going to back up that big fish...

Just saying life is too short to waste it on people you do not like or cannot work with. There is a WHOLE world out there, pandemic or not.

Airbud likes this.
  17. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I'm speaking pretty generally here. Obviously exceptions exist, as there are a lot of factors involved. But, there is a pattern regarding the wealthiest businesses (and their owners).
    Agreed.

Valken and Airbud like this.
  18. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    steering clear of fanboy tropes (disclosure: i'm a fanboy... of all tech), i have this to say;

Mr. Gelsinger is an excellent engineer not a salesman.
    what he is doing and saying (on topic) is not hyperbole, it's a roadmap.
    what he is doing is both smart and wise, which is building on a position of strength, which is monetizing research.
    they have spent billions of dollars in the last 5-6 years in R&D, mostly on node shrinkage... on what most of us see as a fail.
    Intel has also spent much time on process enhancements due to competition (see: Foveros).

because of the lack of vision due to marketing effectively running the company until Mr. Gelsinger all of this was languishing with no cohesive strategy. now that strategy is in place and it's a very good thing.

and btw... i'm still running my x570/ TRX40 until the Meteor Lake AM5 shootout. so i'm no hater.

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i cant help but think 25-50% or more power usage too. all though im sure gains will be there. but like I have always been i more interested in advancement that drastically bring down power usage while increasing performance. we seem to be one those times where performance is increase by increasing power usage again though.

I like tech and new tech that will advance it, always have always will, just like I have my preferences which to this day are still Intel/Nvidia IF had made new pc 2 years ago it would been AMD for cpu and still Nvidia for gpu. 10/20 years ago would never think AMD.

Maybe before I do I will see a GPU/CPU that will fit in palm of hand with power of these 200watt cpu and 400watt gpu that actal is only 50 watts if that.... yah I will probably die before that happens

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
    schmidtbag likes this.
  20. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    To put it in perspective, imagine people born in the early 1900's that died in the 1980's. they saw pretty much the infancy and that was it. You've seen so much that the technology actually stagnated for a while because there wasn't much else to be done.