Radeon-ID Community Driver: Hybrid - Release Nebula 23.11.1 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mylipho15, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Vidar

Vidar Member Guru

GPU:
    S. Nitro+ RX580 8GB
    Windows has a stupid bug that requires the user to toggle policies on and back off again for them to properly work. In your case, since you've already set it to Disabled, turn it back again to Not Configured and see if it works.
    Another way is through the registry editor. Try searching for "ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate" in these locations:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\current\device\Update
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Update
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Update\ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate "value"=dword:00000000
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    If "ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate" exists in any of them, either turn them to 0 or delete them.
    Nimez should make things like this more transparent. I hate how we have no idea what any of those options do in the background. I can't thank him enough for these drivers but things like this are extremely annoying.

Attached Files:

PhenixN70 likes this.
  2. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    in this case , NzSetup only overriding WU Flags from "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate", maybe next release i will add that 4 registry path which not included.

Ahrrrr and Vidar like this.
  3. PhenixN70

PhenixN70 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    Indeed, when I changed the value in the group policy to not set, it became as I wanted. Thanks.

4. PhenixN70

PhenixN70 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    After installing AMD Pci Bus Driver, I can't start games with ps3 emulator and Resident Evil Village. Why can't I uninstall this driver via options? I have to completely reinstall.

5. gladw2

gladw2 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 280
    Hi, to the OP I really appreciate the hard work and your time with these custom driver packs and consistent updates :D.

I have an old r9 280 which works perfectly on driver 20.4.2, however when using any of the newer custom drivers such as 20.6 onwards as I just tried a few of them plus the latest 20.12.1 I get a TDR, where my GPU crashes and resets clocks etc, this happens randomly such as youtube or when launching a game. Does anyone else have this issue with GCN 1.0 cards ? Or am I just unlucky lol ? I have tried removing all overclocks and putting it to factory stock clocks and it still crashes. So I am either stuck with the stable old drivers or using Linux which I can use the regularly updated opensource drivers which work well when configured to use the experimental settings due to it being a GCN 1.0 card. Many Thanks

6. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    I think using modded drivers with automatic update drivers from windows update enabled is a bad idea.

This happens to me, the modded drivers are broken because of Windows Update. After disable it, I have no issues. Even I can control which drivers need to be updated or not.

Usually, I download drivers updates from official website (except graphics drivers, because I'm using modded version). I don't let Windows Update try to update it, if my system works fine and these requirements don't need to update other drivers first

reslore likes this.
  7. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    Had no issues in modded drivers with Secure Boot + TPM 2.0 Enabled
    AMD Ryzen 5 3400G
    Gigabyte B450M Gaming
    OS Windows 10 21H2
    Driver Mod NimeZ 21.12.1
    drivermodcompatible.JPG

8. reslore

reslore Member Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 7800 XT
    I agree, especially handling modded drivers. I always use DDU and disable automatic updates in it before installing these drivers or updating them.

zingzs likes this.
  9. kondorasGR

kondorasGR Guest

GPU:
    sapphire R9 290 4 g
    i didnt install the new driver yet,are there any improvements in Halo Infinite?Btw i play 60 fps locked with my system after setting virual res on,min-max ingame fps to 60 and res scale 110 % i have a 1080p 144 hz screen,the image is more sharp and no fps loss,oh i also have the fps capped at 60 with riva tuner...

10. mgKeeper

mgKeeper Guest

GPU:
    R9 380X / 4gb
    Same for me. Also Anisotropic filtering option for dx9 games is missing. And i could see a difference between not working vs working function (doesnt matter if u use it or not) in differente games like forza 5, total war, etc.
    I think its something wrong in ccc2_gcn_install. Installing without using ddu to remove 21.5.2 u keep that options working.
    Personally I used ddu for uninstalling, installed 21.11.2 V4 drivers from here but extracetd ccc2_install from official package (same driver version 21.11.2 , just choose a newer card on selecting a card), renamed it to ccc2_gcn_install and followed the installation guide from here.

11. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    you need ported V3.5 Adrenalin GCN UI from here, since official UI driver designed for Polaris/Vega/Navi

12. mgKeeper

mgKeeper Guest

GPU:
    R9 380X / 4gb
    just tested with your 21.12.1 V4 same way and still working

ps. sry for the german in the pics :)

Attached Files:

13. Fafnyr

Fafnyr Active Member

GPU:
    R9-390+
    R9-390+ New Driver works fine incl. RBAR/SAM, THX.

UPDATE: GPU-Z shows PCiex 3.0 but if i Test its runs max at 3.0-8x?! in the past it runs always with 3.0-16x! Driver Bug?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  14. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    set pci-e transfer speed to 16x manually in bios

Fafnyr likes this.
  15. Divine

Divine Guest

GPU:
    R5
    still waitin for 17.4.3

16. Vidar

Vidar Member Guru

GPU:
    S. Nitro+ RX580 8GB
    My 580 received a 10fps boost in Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5. Pretty damn impressive, was not expecting.

17. Fafnyr

Fafnyr Active Member

GPU:
    R9-390+
    Bios have no option to do this :(

Bios shows PCIe 3.0 X16 / PCIe 3.0 X8 too

18. snaky115

snaky115 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury

Reminds me of when from a certain driver onwards (feels like 20.4.2, or thereabouts like 20.q2) AMD drivers started bug-checking/rebooting upon startup because i had Sapphire Trixx start on boot. Don't think i saw it during game launches, but just a thought - check/turn-off your GPU related software. Sometimes i could have 2 reboots in a row on start, a bit not-amusing at the time.

19. PhenixN70

PhenixN70 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    I have the same card and 3.0 x16. This video card does not support the resize bar, what's the point of enabling it?

20. Ant1k

Ant1k Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290x 8GB
    Try to wipe the contacts on the video card with an eraser