Battlefield 2042 loses more than 70% of its active players within two weeks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Rx4speed

Rx4speed Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 295x2
    No it's not 8-12 year olds. I stopped playing battlefield because BFV had ZERO cheat detection and i knew people who had cheats in the beta all the way till now and were never detected. Online multiplayer is compromised EVERYWHERE.

Keitosha and chispy like this.
  2. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    I played many MP games and never had any major problem with cheaters. ( CS since 1.5 till CS:GO, League of legends, WoW, BF Bad Company 2 , BF 3 ). Just few last years ....

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    The December patch is out btw. I don't own the game so I cannot tell if it's better or worse.

New World was OK on release but did have a lot of problems. Unfortunately the state of the game got even worse with the release of the most recent big patch. Apparently it got a lot grindier.

4. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    New World fail only on gameplay, players (bad feeling due to uneducated players), and the maker that don't care to fix it or not ("give me your money, yeah yeah we will fix it, don't worry... (counting money)".
    So...
    No BF 2042 is worse, every part of it have to be re-done, fixed or checked...

chispy likes this.

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Don't give CR any ideas...oh wait....

ninja edit:

It has made me think more and more about one of the key things the BF series has always needed but never been given:

A LEVEL EDITING TOOL

Because people, I gotta be honest with you here, even a crappy game with crappy functionality can be made fun with a level editing tool.

If you do not believe me that the gaming community would love a level editing tool, then I got just one thing to say to you:

WINGSUIT MAPS

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    EA don't like modding because it prolongs the life of a game outside of their control.

7. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    DICE made the game, and I would like to think that if DICE were not so 'corporate' they perhaps would have:

Their own portal / launcher
    Their own game engine for other companies to use, with a payment model similar to Unreal, unity, cryengine etc
    Their own balls

chispy and Undying like this.
  8. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:

9. WAR76

WAR76 Member

GPU:
    3080 Strix OC
    Wen Bonerville ?

10. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    When I saw the preview to this game I knew it was not for me, Somehow they are moving backwards instead of improving they getting worse lol.
    I do love playing cod black ops cold War and black ops III is still butt load of fun, Bad company II was an example how to make a battlefield game as someone here said earlier.

11. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I think these Battlefield and Call of Duty games need to take a break. I know that isn't appealing to greedy companies. But less is more sometimes. They need to skip a year or two and get....wait...Dice did that with battlefield....no excuse then. Lack of campaign single player had me not caring about this game at all. For those who like the mp, sucks it's in such bad shape.

Keitosha likes this.
  12. qpens8

qpens8 Member

GPU:
    8700gt 512
  13. Abc666

Abc666 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW 1070 8GB
    They just cant make good BF games anymore. I played them all, even the one Dice made before 1942, "codename eagle"..

all the way up to BF2 and its amazing mods, it was a golden series. BC1/2 was a spin off and good games in itself, but not really BF games in the sense of much more limited, no planes, less features and only half the players.

From BF3 and onwards we had to settle with worse animations, worse hit ret(somewhat fixed in BF4), worse looking games despite new and improved engine, the art direction took them down a path that led to crappy shadows, game to bright and to dark and the same time.

BF2042 is just a culmination of all the downgrades we had since BF2/BC2...this game dosnt even have a cool atmosphere, its looks like crap, animations are worse than 10 year old games from the same company, classes have been ruined, maps sucks, top that off with a large range of technical issues with the game.

Good thing is the gives room for smaller devs to be more successful, cause clearly EA has totally lost touch with the BF series. EA in general imo is just cancer for gamers, they buy up so many smaller competitors and either ruin their games or just stop making them. Remember what happened to C&C, the same is now happening to BF.

Backstabak and Dragam1337 like this.
  14. Camaxide

Camaxide Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X SLI
    This is a horrible BF game, and I’m a huge BF fan. It had good numbers day 1 because everyone looked forward to a new good Battlefield fame, instead we got something quite different. It has many of the BF elements, but completely lacks the BF soul, and patches wont change that.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This Battlefield game is the first Battlefield game released under the new leadership that comes from the FIFA football franchise, that's the mindset for this new game.... FIFA football.

The people making the games now are not the same people that made the games we hold dear and have fond memories of.

16. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    Venice Unleashed for owners of BF3 is pretty decent. That was DOA but it's actually really good. Shame no one plays it.

17. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    BC2 is example I still like to use of a nearly perfectly balanced game, only marred by dog crap netcode. I dream of a version of that game someday with vastly improved netcode.

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I felt BC2 had really good feel for gunplay until they replaced the hit detection with that of Medal of Honors... once they did that the complete feel was different.

Still a good game mind you.

19. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I had over 1,000 hours in Bad Company 2. Squading up with my mates for some online carnage.