NVidia Anti-Aliasing Guide (updated)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Jan 29, 2012.

1. KainXVIII

KainXVIII Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Searching SGSSAA bit for NFS:Underground 1!

2. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    0x000000C1 should be your go to first flag to try for most games.
    If things seem blurry at first or aren't working. With some games the settings can greatly affect the result. (Ex: Old PSO2, Hitman 3/4, Gurumin are a few examples that come to mind)

KainXVIII likes this.
  3. Tizoc

Tizoc Active Member

GPU:
    GTX970M
    I'm gonna see if this works on A. Creed 2 >_>;
    There is a bit for Brotherhood, but this would be using an imprved engine than the earlier games wouldn't it?

4. KainXVIII

KainXVIII Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Game already uses some kind of blur filter (like in some console ports, The Suffering 1 for example), so i'm ok with SGSSAA blur
    Will do comparison screenshots later!

5. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    You forgot to mention SMAA 4x.

6. Klemc

Klemc Master Guru

GPU:
    4070-ti ARGB - PNY
    Hello,

i think i have to play an aliased game, as it's Unity DX11 !!

Eldervale, a good game i can recommand, but no "good" AA (ultra). Perhaps i'll test FXAA ( at least it works great : 120FPS in 4K on a 2K monitor for a 1660S) !!

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    change desktop res to run unity games at DSR

8. Klemc

Klemc Master Guru

GPU:
    4070-ti ARGB - PNY
    Thanks...

.. BTW, just to say about White Night that FXAA works great (nothing else, i must add).

9. KainXVIII

KainXVIII Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
  10. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Looks good, will add when I have a moment. Thanks!

KainXVIII likes this.

11. Guzz

Guzz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    0x000000C1 gives too much blurring if "Light Trails" option is on
    "Light Trails" - Off - https://abload.de/img/c1_off6kjiz.png
    "Light Trails" - On - https://abload.de/img/c1_onqqjy5.png

0x000010C1
    "Light Trails" - Off -
    https://abload.de/img/10c1_offjbjvr.png
    "Light Trails" - On -
    https://abload.de/img/10c1_onneklp.png

KainXVIII likes this.
  12. KainXVIII

KainXVIII Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yeah, maybe Nvidia sharpening will help too.

13. Klemc

Klemc Master Guru

GPU:
    4070-ti ARGB - PNY
    I'm always asking here...

... BTW it's about Else Heart Break today... Unity 4.7.0f1 + D3D 7/9...

... huge aliasing, i think only FXAA works, but it blurs texts (same way AMD Anamorphic option on my 4650G DeskMini APU).

Is that it ?

FiX =

unity BIT + OGSSAA 4x4

Well, perfect, even add AF 16x OKazy.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
  14. Nuttyboy812

Nuttyboy812 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Does anybody have any idea how to get dgVoodoo MSAA to stop breaking depth buffers, or what flags in profileinspector might allow me to force AA for a game wrapped with dgVoodoo? I'm trying to get Nascar Racing 2003 Season with reshade RTGI to run well, which it only wants to do when using d3d11 via dgvoodoo. Getting AA to work in NR2003 with reshade enabled requires AA compatibility flag of 0x00400041, and I have tried the flags in the drop down for AA compatibility for dx1x.

15. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Compatibility flags for DX11 don't exist in the driver. You won't be able to do much when using DGV other than if forcing MSAA with DGV works, you can likely enhance it with SGSSAA but that's about it.
    If you are trying to wrap it to DX9 and trying to force AA, using Reshade is always going to incur a significant performance penalty in my experience. At least if you are trying to use SGSSAA. Does simply using MSAA in DX9 with the compatibilty flag also cause a significant performance drop with reshade?

So if using DGV's MSAA breaks detection of the Depth Buffer then you might be out of luck with what you can do as an end user.

16. Nuttyboy812

Nuttyboy812 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Wrapping to DX9 and using compatibility flags with driver based MSAA works fine, it only tanks performance when I turn on the RTGI Raytracing, which wrapping to dx11 seems to fix, at the price of being able to use MSAA. I can enable the MSAA in DGV, but then depth breaks and the RTGI is basically useless. Quite the conundrum.

17. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Does any OGSSAA mode work at all for the game with that flag? (If not, maybe try C1 instead of 41)I don't know if that would affect performance with Reshade effects or not. I've never tried it. Only SGSSAA.
    For shits and giggles you can try 45 or C5 maybe and see if it makes a difference. But that may also make AA not work at all.

I could have sworn there was an old Reshade version that didn't have this problem where it would also process reshade shaders and tank performance but I don't remember which one and if that RTGI shader would even work in that old version or not.
    You probably can't downsample in DX11 instead i'm guessing as that's such an old game either it doesn't support arbitrary resolutions or the UI would become unusably small.

I'm assuming the game doesn't have native AA support?

18. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Pointless post, but i'm super excited they announced DLSS for Phantasy Star Online 2 finally.
    I've been emailing them since June about adding it (In addition to trying to fix some graphical downgrades after the update), because their TAA/FXAA is complete 100% trash.
    And even downsampling from 4k to 1080p , which is how I play now. The AA is still subpar temporally (And runs worse) compared to 8xSGSSAA at 1080p in the old engine.
    For NGS specifically this is a huge gain because the game is frankly , profoundly unoptimized and has by far the worst image quality i've seen in a long time. It's insane how badly the game runs at high resolutions with how many clear graphical compromises are in place. (Like the bizarre PC-98 eseque low quality dither patterns used to render so many different types of effects like voumetric lighting, grass, transparencies,LOD transitions,etc).

19. KainXVIII

KainXVIII Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Anything for Ys Seven (without Dgvoodoo)? Usual 0x000000C1 bit does not working..

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Ys uses a software renderer