Skyrim Special Edition

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by tsunami231, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    ugh, it auto applied on steam, now i'll have to wait for skse and the unofficial patches to update

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    err i not sure if i left skyrim se on auto update or not... like Anniversary editon does not auto up the SE edition ?, thought you have to pay for that or is it we have to pay for creation stuff but anniversary edition gets patch to SE?

last time there such jump from legendary dragon edition to SE it took more then year for SKSE to catch up? that will break way to many of mods most of which i wont play skyrim se with out.

if my SE edition is gona get this patch with out even upgrading to Anniversary, I gona have to disable updates to skyrim till i know SKSE has been updated

I do know there preliminary build for AE but it advised them dont let skyrim se update if you dont want to deal with problems

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  3. Sylencer

Sylencer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3090 Strix OC
    Man i was hoping i could go some way around to not be forced to download every single mod (400+) of my personal list. I really wanna play a modded skyrim again but i can't spare a day or two just to mod my game again from the scratch :/

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i got the fishing stuff and didn't pay anything.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    from what i reading we get 4 things free + the 1.6 patch, rest of content you have to buy. which could careless about, it the fact the SKSE in it current 1.6 form is a work in progress and it not recommend to get 1.6 patch if you dont want to deal with broke mods.

I gona have make sure when I next log on steam on my pc to cut internet after loging into set skyrim se to only check for update when I launch it. i have no interested in re downloading all my mods, some of them i pretty sure have been disconnected by the creator, would be lucky if it get updated providing it need to be update it it not just SKSE that would need to be updated

6. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    still blows me away that people still play Skyrim.

i mean, i modded it like many others and gave thousands of hours since it's release. but today ? im done.. i can't stand the simplistic\clunky combat.

Skyrim is amazing in general but how on earth do people still play it in (almost) 2022 ! :D

alanm likes this.
  7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It blows my mind that it's been 10 years and they still haven't made a new one 0__0

SpajdrEX, Maddness and Horus-Anhur like this.
  8. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Very true.
    And by the look of things, another 10 years might go by, before we see another Elder Scrolls.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    anyone have any luck with AE patch and preliminary SKSE updates?

I still have yet to finish the addon content i did finish main campain atlest twice though

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Are mods for Special Edition compatible with Anniversary Edition?

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Depends on the mod

Engine Fixes now has a beta update for AE, achievements fix working.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah really depend most mods will work fine they just need working skse,unless said mod was changing/fixing thing in base game fix that was never fixed by unofficial patch also atlest to my understanding,

I think till they have non preliminary skse i will just not play/patch skyrim, I still running the old 2.0.19 build of skse and all my mod work with PRE AE patch, but dont see point update 20.0.20 if i just gona have to do again.

13. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Was my favorite game first 2 years after release. But by 2015 gave it up. Too many hours, mods put in but enough is enough. Repetitious dialogue by 5-6 voice actors covering dozens of NPCs was just too much for me. Aside from other repetitious elements.

But for those still enjoying it, I envy you.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Just checked and there is a new skse build for the Anniversary Edition "Preliminary AE build 2.1.2 (runtime 1.6.318)"...

Kinda curious now to see if the few mods I use will work.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I been reading the achievement mod enabler works with 2.1.1 but not with 2.1.2 for some people and some people been have issue with skyui and racemenu which has not update there build yet either.

I pretty much use Skyui, achievement mod enabler, racemenu and XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special edition think both racemenu and XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special edition can be reinstalled without the skse dependency, but i dont really wish to do that. I prefer to just update skse and have everything working which might be wishful thinking.

I use Mod organizer 2 to manage my mods due to it install all mods in separate folders out side of skyrim folder so skyrim it self is never modified, only thing in skyrim folder is the SKSE64_steam_loader.dll, skse64_loader and skse64_1_5_97.dll and readme

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    engine fixes
    skse
    and address library are all updated for 1.6.323 now

engine fixes built in achievement mod works fine.

17. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    As @Astyanax said some mods are not available for AE and till SKSE is not updated although USSEP was I think updated to AE

I didn't updated to latest update yet and won't be installing or getting AE, there is no point for me to get it

I still didn't finished Skyrim Special Edition hahaha to the today

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    dont know that mod, and trying to keep from adding mods, yesterday i removed some mods i dont and one i didnt even need to bethesda actual patch that in own patch that i didnt even know about.

i still have yet to finish the addons, the main quest i beat 2 or 3 times? spend majoiry of my time just level skills up and running around world:rolleyes:

Worst mistake i made with Skyrim was to instanly start moding the game. I should of just got official patch and just beat the game first, now i play the game with out my mods

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    jura11 likes this.
  19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    engine fixes is one of the key ones you should install, it fixes some engine flaws.

20. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Agree with Engine fixes plus address library you should install amd if SKSE is already patched for new version then install it too

@tsunami231

That's what I have done too hahaha, currently have 238 ESP with 415 ESL(ESP-FE) and ENB(FNENB) and quite happy with performance, in Solitude or Windhelm FPS tanks to 40's but that's down to HDT mods I think and high draw call, wish they fix rather that game for proper multithreading then I would consider to update to AE and not sure if its worth it to try Vulkan

I finished Dragonborn from DLC and now currently playing just side missions and mostly testing mods etc

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura