Halo Infinite

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, Jun 11, 2018.

1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Oooh, how are you guys liking the Multiplayer? I'm actually tempted to jump in to see what's what.

2. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Thanks Guru. This is great information. It is great to have these utilities to ensure crisp visuals with awesome framerates. Gears 5 and Halo Infinite look fantastic.

@Party Poison I just had multiple sessions online. During frantic explosions and tons of players shooting and moving at the same time my frames did dip to 110-116 ish at times but is was still butter smooth. It depends on the map. I also played on a map where 120fps was maintained throughout. This is with everything set to ultra except for the settings that only go to high @4k with HGIG.

To be fair this isn't the most graphically intense game either.;) Nonetheless it still looks great and the framerate is phenomenal. I'm having a ball with CTF and I'm looking forward to the campaign.:)

Party Poison and CPC_RedDawn like this.
  3. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    It's fun. I'm getting blasted to pieces but the game feels great. :)

kProphetk likes this.
  4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Played yesterday on both xsx and pc. I think dolby vision with xsx gives a much more realistic visual than pc with hdr. But that's my personal pref. PC version suffers from lag and odd hitching not related to pings. Performance seems....a little rough for what the game looks like, changing settings lower doesn't change much in the way of frames either...especially in the bigger maps with vehicles. I haven't turned off the min fps counter though as I read about that after putting in the game time. I will try that tonight. Oddly, this is the first fps where I play better with a controller, was doing a much better job on xsx. Not winning by any means, but getting a few frags as opposed to just getting destroyed on pc (I'll blame the lag lol). Xsx was also smoother, no lag, no hitching.

Will try with compute off and min frame off to see if it helps some of the issues on pc. Kind of shocked, this and Horizon 5 really are, for me, more enjoyable and visually more appealing on xsx. In part thanks to dolby vision. I had always planned on playing the SP on PC but now I don't know. Never thought I'd enjoy a controller for an fps.

5. kProphetk

kProphetk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT MECH 2X
    OMG I hadnt played a FPS PvP in years and I love this game! never was a Halo fan due to it being only on XBox and I always had Playstaions!

I had a blast for a few hours today - 17/0 wins in Bootcamp and so glad it wasnt vs Bots. I died way to much, but I made some good kills in some matches to help us comback and win!

KissSh0t, CPC_RedDawn and Serotonin like this.
  6. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Thanks, I ask because I've seen loads of people having fps issues and haven't seen anyone with a 3090 hold 120fps at 4k ultra. Even with the odd drop.

7. jarablue

jarablue Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4080 Black
    I have a laptop with a 3070. I play 1440p/ultra settings on an external 32 inch monitor and have 0 fps issues. I have a 120 FOV. I am having a blast and literally enjoying the crap out of it.

Enjoy!

8. ~AngusHades~

~AngusHades~ Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    The game has no Fullscreen mode, which is perfectly fine with DX12, but with that being the case, that also means that G-Sync or FreeSync isn't enabled by default.
    If the user has to allow G-Sync or FreeSync in window-mode, it will affect other APPs on the PC. For example, the XBOX game pass APP is now stuttering when using your mouse cursor.

9. jarablue

jarablue Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4080 Black
    I have gsync enabled on my monitor and in window and fullscreen mode and get no stuttering in the game pass xbox app.

10. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Hey buddy you're absolutely right. @CPC_RedDawn shared some scaling information in his post so I set 120hz min option to off. Lo and Behold......Boom! Instant frame drop lol! The frames increase and decrease all over the place. 85-90s to 100fps spikes and lower. The crazy thing is these are still high framerates but the movement/gameplay is not smooth.

The 60fps min max and the 120 min max is the best way to play. I never noticed the resolutions were changing. My bad fellow Guru. I wanted to make sure I share the proper information.

So ummmm yes! I'm getting 120fps with the help of the internal scaler. :D Lol! In all honesty I don't see the difference. It looks so good on my TV and it is butter smooth.

Party Poison likes this.

11. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

No worries at all.

I've had to use the min max thing too myself, games fps seems all over the place and even when I'm at 120 fps it doesn't feel as smooth as you'd expect it to.
    Appreciate you coming back to give me the right info.

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  12. ~AngusHades~

~AngusHades~ Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Then You can’t tell.

13. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    How does one literally enjoy the crap out of a game? Very curious.

14. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    I've noticed slight stutters as well

15. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I even made a video for my fellow guru's, to show how the game performs with the scaling option but you can also see how bad my skills are as well ;)

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I tried it last night and it was not smooth for me at all... and that's just at 1080p and not highest settings, figured it was because I was using Windows 10 1909 and older video card drivers, so far I've updated Windows to 21H2 and just need to install the new drivers released for the game and see how it goes tonight again :/

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Finally got around to installing the drivers and noticed this.... guess I'm screwed hahaha..

Hey AMD, if you want me to buy a new video card sell a new medium range one for $300.

[​IMG]

amd.. even my cpu weak... lol..

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Tried it as well, it's fun for sure. It feels a bit like Destiny.
    I'm no FPS MP guy as I'm not good at these games but it was fun to try a few times.

19. noGuruATall

noGuruATall Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 580 3GB
    I will be able to play on Xbox if I get full steam version? Or only ms store?

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB