Afterburner - OSD "skin"

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by MADFLOR, Jan 28, 2020.

1. orangewoolcry

orangewoolcry Member Guru

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    btw been wondering is there a way to add what this guy has?

timestamped....

looking at the top ....to have

Ping, Destination, IP, download per second , packets per second, packet loss per second
    upload per second, packets per second, packet loss per second

kinda like you started to work on at the bottom in yellow ....

https://s8.hostingkartinok.com/uploads/images/2020/04/18a5c4e3f37421f2ad6dfc721c385fc5.png

would be a neat addition if doable, this is the latest most recent up to date release made to work with latest RTSS, needs Hwinfo64 installed of course

https://www.mediafire.com/file/mf0nzlzth71o4yi/RTSS_skin_-_Rainbow_666.zip/file

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  2. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    update>

https://forums.aida64.com/topic/409...-doesnt-detect-hardware-refresh-rate-changes/

found the solution for dynamic HZ sensor ....didnt know AIda64 had it ...guess i gotta use it just for the HZ sensor as source ..... btw works!

just gotta enable said sensor in preferences in Aida64 under external applications tab and enabling shared memory of course then selecting Vertical Refresh Rate....boom dynamic HZ support in RTSS OSD, to make it properly fit in and align of course you gonna have to do abit of text tables editing under GPU\ Text: Counters #2.1...or just download updated pack of mine...

heres another update, includes dynamic HZ, finally!>

https://www.mediafire.com/file/mf0nzlzth71o4yi/RTSS_skin_-_Rainbow_666.zip/file

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  3. MADFLOR

MADFLOR Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti / 8GB
    These are in-game counters. No utility will tell you how many packages did not reach the server from you and vice versa (%loss).
    Ping has already been implemented in RTSS. download-upload is in HWiNFO counters...

orangewoolcry likes this.
  4. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    @MADFLOR , i shouldnt be asking this of you ...im kinda afraid tbh , but if possible one final update for Rainbow that fixes the font issue aka update the rainbow font ...since i had a look at the Font with a editor and couldnt figure it out....i mean i was thinking and a possible solution would be to allow for single entrys to allow for override to set them to show big...not sure ...its weird for sure that Time shows like that ..first letter big ...then small letters at top, and if possible set the Net readout with icon at the bottom in yellow/gold like the old rainbow layout would be much appreciated ....maybe also packets per second if possible? ...since i understand loss is not possible ...im pretty crap at adding new readouts .....as you know, and sorry for the requests but would appreciate the gesture no doubt, i just REALLY love this skin ....really is THE BEST...chefs kiss

p.s i really mean it when i say i feel bad having to annoy you guys with my help/favor requests....but ive been at this for bout a year ...im helpless by myself , am i useless? maybe :(

5. MADFLOR

MADFLOR Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti / 8GB
    Which of this is not clear?

I will not do anything else, because there will be no limit to your requests. You love to get hung up on unimportant little things and then annoy others about it. Why? Because it's your hobby. One of mine is to create skins for RTSS. Yours is to annoy others.
    I have already added, by negligence, the frequency of polling the monitor, after which you annoyed the Unwinder for half a year.
    If I ever update Rainbow, it will be anything but not your requests.
    If you don’t know how, if you don’t want to - use what you have.

Again repeat?
    The "rainbow" discussion is over! The dot!

vLaDv, Andy_K and orangewoolcry like this.
  6. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    thats ok ... as said was just a final update wish for rainbow from me , but its ok i understand your point .....sorry

7. MADFLOR

MADFLOR Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti / 8GB
  8. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    now this is also very cool, Madflor doing killer skins for RTSS since day 1, love the exe process inclusion , another great idea i havent thought about some more great info there...nice

9. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    well the new skin is da bomb ....been tweaking and porting from rainbow over like nuts to get it to even top rainbow , heres the results , btw tho got one issue im using Hwinfo64 sensors and i renamed the core temp to vram temp and copy pasted the entire thing and renamed to core temp ...now core temp thermometer dont work and vram temp shows core temp in thermometer, a fix would be cool ...im hoping the water cooled animated gpu icon will be added back in....i really need that one as usual , thanks

[​IMG]
    https://www.mediafire.com/view/msurx67ao8jlnyh/a_few_tweaks_done.png/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/w8nvmikzmwtw5ix/Bookmark.ovl/file

i still gotta add ram frequency and temp tho and fan speed for cpu , almost forgot that lol, btw cant find ram frequency in HAL at all .....

once these 2 minor issues are fixed...i think we finally have a winner , everything a OSD stats enthusiast could ever dream of ....so far lol

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  10. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Is it supposed to be there at all? Did I promise it? Why do I need to FIX any crazy STUPID demand you post?! My patience is over.

orangewoolcry likes this.

11. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    lols dude, hate much? just wow.. talk about being super hostile, take a breather there and chill a touch and read what im typing first , i said I AM working on getting the HAL Sensor ported and i did it, im trying to also contribute as good as i can with some cool edits, anyhow ...i found the sensor in the old rainbow final skin ....just had to port it ...check a look >

https://www.mediafire.com/view/h2a7bwlwh5kbdjg/better_there.png/file

just needs the thermometers for ram , gpu and cpu fixed and the watercooled animated
    gpu icon re added , also maybe have the small fans also animate and where all set :)

if you could lend me a hand @MADFLOR , would be much obliged my good
    dude

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  12. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
  13. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    and another calibration update...this one should be good tho now , had still yet some miss-alignments , mainly the frametime etc. i just randomly noticed

https://www.mediafire.com/view/ma4vvlp514kty5l/that_should_do.png/file

this would still be appreciated as update tho as said>

just needs the thermometers for ram , gpu vram fixed and the watercooled animated
    gpu icon re added , also maybe have the small fans also animate and where all set , some tall orders in there but would be epic to have :)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  14. GroundWave96

GroundWave96 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 960 4GB
    Hi,
    Sorry for the google translator english.
    I really liked your v5 skin and bookmark but unfortunately when I put in my RTSS some information is blank, sorry if it's something simple, it's just that I never touched it, to install I just threw it in the overlays folder, put the font and clicked master settings in edit, I don't know if I missed a step or skipped something, or maybe my setup is a little old, but these data that are missing in your overlays show up when I use the normal afterburner.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    the v5 skin is missing gpu voltage, temp and cpu voltage and ram frequency.
    and the skin bookmark is missing information about cpu.
    I hope you can help me because you really did a great job on these skins, thank you.

dobriii likes this.
  15. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    ok ...but finally ....i noticed one more issue .....the overheat flames wherent where they was supposed to be on the thermometer ...just noticed this as well , re positioned and done , i also added overheat flames to ram , gpu vram ....these need parameter adjusting to be made compatible tho, meaning code needs added to support reading of theyre temperatures ...same also still goes for the thermometer gauges as well for both, appreciated

download links been updated

16. Hree

Hree New Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 480 / 8GB
    Just wanted to say, thank you for this! Is there any way I can reduce the zoom level or size on my own easily, like bulk other, than the default RTSS slider? Or I really need to reduce the size one by one on each of the layers?

Also since I noticed you still update your other versions to work on new RTSS, like RainbowV1 or RainbowV4, does it mean they each version doesn't necessarily mean that they are better than previous? Like V5 not being necessarily an upgrade to V4? In short, they are options for people to choose if I'm understanding it correctly

17. Bl00dWolf

Bl00dWolf Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Can anybody help please?
    Why skin is looking like this, how to fix it?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. MADFLOR

MADFLOR Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti / 8GB
    Click the button "Layouts" > "Edit" > Press the "Master settings" button > confirm.

int64, Veii and Hoppy like this.
  19. Jordyn11

Jordyn11 New Member

GPU:
    Wanted to say thanks in advance for all your work on the overlays and hopefully someone can help me. When loading the Rainbow 200% v5, I am getting open brackets instead of the symbol in the included .png file. Am I missing some sort of config as I am new to using this tool for overlays. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

20. MADFLOR

MADFLOR Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti / 8GB
    Installation:
    1. Move the "Program Files (x86)" folder from the archive to the root of the system drive. Or move the "skin.ovl" and "skin.png" files to the "Overlays" folder under the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner Statistics Server\Plugins\Client\";
    2. If there is a font in the archive, install it;
    3. Launch "RivaTuner Statistics Server" (RTSS.exe);
    4. Press the button "Setup" > "Plugins" > double click on "OverlayEditor.dll" > "Layouts" > "Load" > select and double click on the ".ovl" file;
    5. Click the button "Layouts" > "Edit" > Press the "Master settings" button > confirm.
      ----------------------------------
    6. Click the button "Data sources" > "Edit".
    7. If the drop-down list contains performance counters from third-party applications (MSI Afterburner, HwINFO64, AIDA64), make sure that these counters are enabled in this application, and that the application is running and works in a minimized state .

Hoppy likes this.