Forza Horizon 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Deleted member 164252, Jun 14, 2021.

1. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    what's your cpu jedi ?
    try going to task manager->details->right click the process of the game and set affinity to only cpu0,2,4,6,8 see if it helps or changes anything
    my biggest complaint going from 9900k to 5950x other than the high temp idle was the stuttering it has in games (might be because of the 16 cores more than anything)
    the way to smooth the fps for me was through cpu affinity, once you tell games to use fixed threads most of the fps drops and stutter disappear

this problem, that was always present on AMD 3000-5000 from my experience is starting to show off, finally...in reviews, the reviewers just don't know what to look for
    check the 1% low numbers on 12900k vs ryzen cpu...several games have +30fps on the 1% low on intel (like 100fps on intel instead of 70 on amd) it's because they don't have that stuttering and fps drops

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  2. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Nice graphics but I don't see much difference between Forza 4 and this visually or gameplay wise. This game for me is essentially like a DLC for Forza 4. Haven't put too much time into it yet. But from some of the comments I was expecting more of the visuals. Though, I noticed I'm really critical of visuals at first and then they grow on me after I get used to them. So look for a contradicting post in a week.

3. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Not sure this will work, when the issue started first thing I turned off was res scaling and it's still happening. Not so sure about the extreme setting though I though the max was Ultra... I'll have a look and report back.

Lol didn't know the settings went to Extreme!

Unfortunately no joy in resolving this odd blurring issue. Res Scaling off, everything else cranked to max. Still runs at 60ps on my 2070super but also still has the annoying blurring effect going on, very odd!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  4. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I wonder what's different on your end, as I don't experience any stuttering whatsoever during gameplay, it's all nice and smooth at 3840x2160 (dynamic resolution off) with all things maxed out except motion blur turned off (although turning it on doesn't seem to make a difference for me). Our systems seem to be pretty similar, too. I'm on the latest 496.61 drivers and the latest Windows 11 Release version, though, and am forcing ReBar (although I tried without and there isn't any difference in smoothness, just the minimum framerates seem to be a tad higher with ReBar on). Perhaps the new drivers will help.

Does running the game in solo mode make a difference?

I'm running the Xbox App/Game Pass version, by the way, in case that makes a difference compared to the Steam Version.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    TheDigitalJedi likes this.

5. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 GAMING
    for me sluttering only when playing online.when offline all slutters gone an game run with no problem,when switch to online slutters back.This problem is not only me.

6. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    so yep it's definitely forza horizon 5 that almost burned my rtx 3090 :mad: just like new world and here's the problem

1) disabling vysnc makes us go to 1000fps in some menus
    2) when using the benchmarking mode, it often loads and restarts between changes during t
    those times you have 1000+fps menus and 2d pictures running and those draw

:eek: 51.25A :eek:

a lot of loading and overly complicated menus that take 2hrs to get out makes this benchmarking feature a booby trap for pc hardware
    and yes it's a problem I'm going to feedback to Turn10 because the normal game doesn't draw this insane current in normal gameplay even with everything maxed settings
    upload_2021-11-9_0-16-36.png

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    equip your spectacles sir, the environmental detail is leagues above FH4

that 3090 is good up to 60a

Serotonin likes this.
  8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Your max sustained gfx card power use is 341W.
    Right there in your results.

9. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    10900k with 64gb DD4 3200

I'll try that. I've done so much troubleshooting my eyes are tired. No matter what framerate I get the game just doesn't seem smooth in some parts. Especially in the jungle with the intro race.

Gurus to be quite honest.....I think this is the first true next gen/this gen title for PC and I'm seeing the limits of the 10900k. If I turn the res down to 2560x1440 I get 90-100fps and in the jungle close to 65-80fps but it still seems jittery. I am playing on a 48 inch CX OLED. I switched to the 55 inch C9 and same result.

10. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I purchased the Microsoft PC version as well. I'm still using Windows 10. I'm still on the fence in regards to Windows 11. Our PC's are nearly Identical in specs. You do have faster ram. What is your AA settings? 2x, 4x or 8x?

11. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I'm running it super smooth with a 10700K with my 3090 @5120x1440 res (all maxed except MSAA at 2x, NVidia VRR with vsync on).
    I get around 92fps during races.
    The problem isnt your CPU.

I'm using DDR4 4000 C19 at C17.
    Your 3200MHz ram might be the issue, but tbh, I dont think it will be that either.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  12. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I just tried this out on PC after about 10 hours on XSX (performance mode) and I’m finding it to be confusing, graphically. I’m running at 4k with DRS off and the aliasing is really bad even with MSAA at 8x and FXAA on. The aliasing on XSX in performance mode is never this bad and that’s confusing because according to digital foundry that mode drops as low as 1600p and isn’t using MSAA. All I can think is that XSX is using some kind of TAA not available on PC or something is broken. Is anyone else experiencing anything similar?

13. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Are you using VRR on the CX? I had to enable vsync for full screen and windowed in Nvidia Profile Inspector for this game to get VRR working properly because this game runs in fullscreen borderless with no way to go exclusive.

14. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    XSX? I dont recall seeing that.
    Performance mode is sure to have compromises.

With everything maxed apart from MSAA at 2x, at 5120x1440 it looks wonderful.
    You must be using scaling which is sure to have issues because this title doesnt use DLSS.

15. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Definitely not the CPU, especially not at 4k. I'm playing at 5120x1440 and CPU usage is around 25%. I've seen my browser stress this CPU more than FH5.

16. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Err, no, it’s XSX performance mode that doesn’t have all the aliasing, it’s PC at 4k with 8x MSAA and FXAA that does have all the aliasing. I also said that I have scaling off.

17. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Another game where you run out of VRAM on RTX 3080.Textures do not load all the time.Had to turn down settings but the game looks awesome and lower settings are fine.Popin is jarring though,gameplay is boring without a wheel and proper setup.
    Playing on 10850K/RTX 3080.Going to switch to my 12900K/RTX 3080 tomorrow,damm may have to go buy a wheel and a RTX 3090 or 6900XT get that extreme going for my epeen

EDIT: Check local PC shop no RTX 3090 in stock but 5 6900XT and a few 6800XT.

If someone has a 6900XT could you post a benchmark maxed out on the game at 4K .
    Thanks.

18. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Game is running pretty smooth!
    Only gripe is there's no form of temporal anti-aliasing so there's pixel crawl everywhere, some areas are very off-putting with it.

19. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    geez 2 new comments and again none being relevant
    ask about what I'm showing before commenting please

0) I repeat myself but what tripped the OCP is that in multirail mode PSUs do not allow such high currenty on one 12V "rail" hardcore shutdown is not a good normal thing, electronics especially high currents one do not like to be roughly "unplugged" also my 3090 is a super cheap reference design not a beefed up STRIX or whatever version
    1) it's not max sustained more like max value ever seen, like ryzen "5ghz" clock it could be for 1ms and not real, but in this case it is "supposedly" 341watts yes
    2) the important part in my messages are that this game like new world has a "bad scenario" happening in it's benchmarking mode with unlocked fps
    3) I'm 99% sure because I've watched a new world youtube video called New World Bricked My RTX 3090
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6sYOqPPTN0
    it's exactly 1:1 what happened to me except my card didn't die mine has a top+bottom watercooling block which definitely helped because the part that suffers is one that is definitely better cooled on my card than air cooled ones and so mine "smelled burned" rather than be destroyed
    4) that giant spikes part on my graph is mostly the benchmark loading and the result screen the last "chunk" at the end that is <30A that's me driving around for a few seconds in the festival area with customized everything maxed+rtx on, which more extreme than the extremest preset setting

how can you justify MENUS to draw 70% more current, roughly 22A than the actual max of the max setting 3d ingame usage

my post is directly related to buildzoid video that I used to diagnose my card that remember "smoked" thanks to forza horizon 5
    the column of big grey blocks on his videos the ones on the top/right of the gpu area are the Vcore inductors, small coils responsible to deliver the current
    that's what completely overheated and smelled really bad in my case, the 2-3 top inductors closest to the power connectors

anyways, don't run this game with unlimited fps on a 3090, you've been warned

20. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Yeah I noticed the same thing even at 4k with MSAA 8x it’s worse than the XSX in performance mode.