Gigabyte AORUS FI32U available soon / 31.5-inch 4K / 144Hz / 1ms

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 1, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. NiscoRacing

NiscoRacing Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 4GB (WC)
    • Color Saturation
      90% DCI-P3/ 123% sRGB

That is odd, most latest gen panels are +95% for DCI-P3.
      I see some odd weird issues coming with this one.
      -95% DCI-P3 32" 4K 144Hz are worth Max $650.

VESA Display HDR400

Some cheap panel for the Max price.

mig_07 likes this.
  3. illrigger

illrigger Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    No mention of a backlight, either, so it's probably edge lit.

It's way overpriced, too - for that, you can get a 48" LG OLED CX or C1. Sure it'll only do 120hz, but it'll be better in every other way.

Maddness likes this.
  4. Poor Tom

Poor Tom Guest

GPU:
    6900XT OC
    The title is confusing as I've been using this monitor since July and TFT Central reviewed it in August. Did it go out of stock and is just now coming back or something?

Anyway, this was the first 32 inch 144hz 4K Freesync premium monitor that became available so I gambled and bought it even though I wasn't sure about Gigabyte branded monitors and aside from the HDR400 rating, which I don't use anyway, & some sketchy RGB software this monitor has been the best I've ever had the pleasure of gaming on.

Also the price seems to have gone up a bit as I swear it was only $799 back when I picked it up. If the price wasn't so high I'd say check out the reviews because it's actually a decent monitor and seems to be performing closer to 95% DCI-P3 rather than the speced 90% DCI-P3.

5. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Considering this monitor…

What do you mean by this? Is the pre-calibrated srgb mode good?

Hows the overall image look, not washed out? Hows the contrast?

Thanks mate

6. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Nope Hilbert suffered a knock to the head by a cpu cooler.

7. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I looked at this monitor a lil' while back and didn't like the completely non-Gync nature it had...not even 'gsync compatible'. Has this changed at all via firmware yet?

8. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Would be really surprised if not. I’ve not heard any probs with g-sync compatibility.

9. Poor Tom

Poor Tom Guest

GPU:
    6900XT OC
    Well the RGB software installs a bunch of other files and what not on your PC other than Gigabytes software. I assume it's for greater compatibility with different ram and mb combinations. The default color is Gigabyte orange, FYI. I prefer a minimalist approach so I'm just using the default color or have it turned off.

SRGB is decent and doesn't lock the brightness setting like some monitors. I don't use it myself though. I used TFT Central's ICC profile and settings with a slight increase to brightness over their recommendation and that looks great to me.

Image seems fine to me, but there is a some IPS glow in the corners that can be discerned under the right conditions. No worse than any other IPS panel I've used and doesn't bother me too much. Contrast seems fine to me, but I'm no expert.

It is G-Sync compatible, it's just not officially certified by Nvidia.

10. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Ahh k, you mean the RGB lights, yeah the additional stuff seems like junk, not sure why they install that.

I'd be wanting to use the built in srgb mode, it would be more accurate, ICC profiles differ from one monitor to another and that would bother me too much lol

Cheers for info.

11. Poor Tom

Poor Tom Guest

GPU:
    6900XT OC
    Yeh, monitors are subjective as we all have different eyes and needs.

You can check out the reviews online as they use all professional equipment to measure everything and that might provide better insight.

drac likes this.