ASUS ProArt PA32UCG is a 32-inch 4K Mini LED with HDR1600

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Hot dam, great specs on this one. Every connection you could ever want. Displayport 2.0 and HDMI 2.1 I bet it's insanly expensive though.

tunejunky and Embra like this.
  3. Andy Watson

Andy Watson Master Guru

GPU:
    Price seems to be over £4k in the the UK. Maybe that is why it is called a 4K monitor :)

Maddness, DLG and tunejunky like this.
  4. ttnuagmada

ttnuagmada Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 Strix
    There is absolutely 0 chance that this thing does anything even remotely close to 100% Rec 2020. That's for sure a typo.

geogan likes this.

5. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    "The color gamut corresponds to DCI-P3 98 percent, Adobe RGB 99.5 percent, and sRGB / Rec.709 / Rec.2020 100 percent of the available color space"

REC2020 is WAY larger colour space than even DCI-P3 (which is the current stop-gap Digital Cinema Initiative standard).... no current TV/monitor comes anywhere near REC2020 color.

6. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Yeah specs show 85% which is still pretty good.

Color Space (Rec.2020) : 85%

ProArt Display PA32UCG - Tech Specs|Monitors|ASUS Global

7. I don't want to link to external review sites, but they've measured screen uniformity dev of <1%, which is almost unbelievable for a 1152zones miniLED LCD. dE before calibration was 1.5. Calibrating it with the included i1 Display Pro, resulted in average dE of 0.4! Static contrast ratio was 1400:1, which is once again absolutely top result for an IPS panel.

My biggest concern is their FALD implementation and off-angle black color performance. I wish I could test it for myself for a few days because the price tag is quite high even for professionals...

8. Monstieur

Monstieur Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA
    It's 120 Hz with VRR too. The good panels went into this model and the defective ones went into the PG32UQX G-SYNC model.

9. NiscoRacing

NiscoRacing Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 4GB (WC)
    --

That is very sure a "Typo", cause the official website is not reporting DisplayPort 2.0

https://www.asus.com/Displays-Desktops/Monitors/ProArt/ProArt-Display-PA32UCG/techspec/

[​IMG]

Yes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021